Water Bed Heaters? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 02-27-2003, 05:09 AM   #1
Christa
Water Bed Heaters?

Has anyone ever used waterbed heaters for there reptiles?

Just something I've been thinking about. They have their own temp controler? Please let me know if any one as used them or has tried and found flaws in the idea of using them

Christa Rucker

Old 02-28-2003, 11:47 PM   #2
Rob BryertonRKK
Hi Christa, I wouldn't use a waterbed heater, I used two human heating pads for about a year for one of my female boas without a problem. I know that Jeff Ronne used to use heating pads and maybe still does in some circumstances. I've been using Cobras for some time and like them very much. They are not terribly expensive and they can be mounted on a wall inside the cage.
I have 15 home made cages and these work great inside them. Make sure you use a thermostat if you use the Cobras.
Hope this helped, Rob

Old 03-01-2003, 09:09 AM   #3
Christa
Thanks for the info. I was just wondering how well they would have worked cause they have there own thermastat on them.. I was hoping that someone had a good experince with them... would have made my life a bit easier.

Thanks again
Christa Rucker

Old 03-25-2003, 09:11 PM   #4
bryanbarrs
Lightbulb waterbed heaters

Christa,

You can't use the waterbed heatpad, but you can use the therostat control. I unplugged the pad on a couple and wired flexwatt to the controller. I taped the sensor probe to the flexwatt and mounted it under the tank. I checked it with a temp gun alot and the temp stayed consistent. It is an easy wiring job. Only two wires. I think you could probably wire a human heating pad to it the same way. I would be cautious and test it well befor use. I hope this helps.

Old 03-26-2003, 01:58 AM   #5
Christa
Talking YaY

Thanks belive it or nor I have 2 water bed heaters that I got at a garage sale and was just wondering if I could put them to good use!

Thanks for the replys you guys are great.

Christa Rucker

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!