Herp Software that works!! * FreeHerp * - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 08-06-2005, 02:42 PM   #1
1derfool
Thumbs up Herp Software that works!! * FreeHerp *

I've just installed FREEHERP by Proherp.com , a relatively new software for herp hobbyists. So far, so good, it's actually great IMHO.
The free version is the beginning, the final version will be ProHerp apparently more powerful than the free version. Granted there will probably be a few small bugs along the way as with all new software but I've not yet found one that makes me want to throw in the towel. Unlike some software made for only the newest and latest platforms, this runs on more than just XP and 2000, it works on Windows 95, 98, NT4, Millennium, 2000 and XP, with a Mac and Linux version in the works.

(I should add that I'm not being compensated for posting this, no commission, no freebies, not even Brownie Points, all I get is the satisfaction that some of you will get some decent herp software that actually works and is user friendly unlike some of the stuff coming out lately.)

Old 08-06-2005, 04:46 PM   #2
dragonflyreptiles
Thanks for the info, Im downloading it now and will check it out!

Old 08-09-2005, 04:34 PM   #3
Griz
Update: Since first reading the posting about this softward, I have since downloaded it and ran it through some trials. I must say, this software is great in my opinion. I am a big Microsoft Office junky and Excel is one of my specialties. I had been documenting all of my information in an excel file that was fairly easy to navigate etc. However, this program, especially for FREE!, has made it even easier. I do not know what the full version has this the free one does not but I am certainly enjoying this one!

Griz

Old 10-17-2006, 12:48 PM   #4
Quig
FreeHerp Link

doesn't work anymore. Does anyone know how I can find this program?
Thanks.

Quig

Old 10-19-2006, 10:11 AM   #5
INSANE CANES
Thumbs up

Here is a free trial version of Degei software.

Click here

Old 10-25-2006, 07:05 PM   #6
crotalusadamanteus
Click the link in My sig for some completely free herp software that works great and has a LOT of features.

I do have a downloaded installer for Freeherp as well, but I do not use it anymore. Nothing bad about it, just not what I was looking for. I don't see the download on Las Cruces Reptile Rescue site anymore either, or I'd post the link.

Try the Metzcal. If you don't like it, just uninstall it.
Rick

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!