Just picked up my new hognose female - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-01-2010, 11:48 PM   #1
jeffwyatt81
Just picked up my new hognose female

Yaay! I just picked up my new proven female hognose, I was told she dropped 20 fertile eggs last year, so Im hoping to find a nice red male to pair with her or maybe a nice albino and produce some hets. Anyway here is a few pics of her, she is in deep blue so I can't wait until she sheds to see how she looks. She is very active and has been very friendy during the brief moments of handling her to get her in her new set up. She is currently sitting at 279 grams and I picked her up earlier from a local breeder for $42Wow what a steal right? I will confirm her sex once she sheds but for now I will take his word as he seems to be a very stand up guy and is looking to downsize on some animals that I am interested in so lies don't exactly=more sales. I snaped a few pics of her while she was chilling in a small bin for a few moments so here she is.....
Attached Images

Old 07-02-2010, 02:11 PM   #2
shadraak
did they have any females het albino? i just got screwed over at a show and the guy isn't answering any of my messages and i'm looking to replace just incase he doesnt' do anythign about it.

Old 07-03-2010, 06:44 AM   #3
jeffwyatt81
Yeah, he's got 1 100% het female, 1 albino male and 1 more normal female (all proven). He is not letting them go for a month or so as the females just laid and he wants to get them feeding well and get their weight back up. I will more than likely be purchasing the remainder of his hognose Incl. hatchlings for my projects but if for some reason I don't I will certainly get him in contact with you or if I do and I decide to let any of the offspring go I will let you know as well.

Old 07-03-2010, 11:47 AM   #4
leaveittoweaver
Gorgeous snake! And wow, what a steal at that price!

Old 07-04-2010, 06:55 PM   #5
jeffwyatt81
Thanks,

Yes she is a very pretty girl, I kept some westerns years ago and I have missed keeping them so I decided to start adding a few back in for a breeding project. Next year Im hoping to produce many albino's, 100% het albino's and Im working on possibly adding a sub-adult pair of 66% het snows from BHB line animals **Fingers crossed**

Thanks again for the kind words

Jeff Wyatt

Old 07-08-2010, 04:56 PM   #6
jeffwyatt81
Talking Fresh pics after shed! Female sex confirmed!

Here are some fresh pics, she just shed last night. I have also confirmed her to be a female!
Attached Images

Old 07-08-2010, 05:00 PM   #7
shadraak
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwyatt81 View Post
Yeah, he's got 1 100% het female, 1 albino male and 1 more normal female (all proven). He is not letting them go for a month or so as the females just laid and he wants to get them feeding well and get their weight back up. I will more than likely be purchasing the remainder of his hognose Incl. hatchlings for my projects but if for some reason I don't I will certainly get him in contact with you or if I do and I decide to let any of the offspring go I will let you know as well.
Thnx. Sure let me know. I'm still on the lookout no luck yet.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!