We got So-Chee an assistant! New puppy pics! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 06-14-2008, 07:31 PM   #1
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
We got So-Chee an assistant! New puppy pics!

Well most of you that know me know that So-chee was the worlds WORST puppy. Such a nightmare! I never thought she would be a good dog~ but somehow or another, with lots and lots of work she has turned into a great campanion, family and livestock gaurdian! Such a good girl! (Now!) And she even grew out of that ugly stage! (Thank Goodness! She was an UGLY teenager!)

Well with all the birds I've got now~ 70 chickens, 10 Turkeys (lost two), 9 geese and 5 ducks~ and the plan to get goats and cattle~ So-Chee was really working her heart out watching all those birds~ the house~ us~ and being the "pet" (yes~ she does sleep in the bed with us!). So she needed an assistant to do more of the outside LGD (Livestock Gaurdian Dog) chores and to do the overnights outside (So-chee has to come in and gaurd us in our bed~ that leaves the livestock in peril). After a lot of back and forth~ and what to do I bought a registered anatolian shepherd from working lines~ she will be ready in August.

THEN................

I found out the nieghbor with two great pyrenees~ unregistered but REALLY GOOD working dogs I had seen working a lot~ had pups for sale. Being such a nice neighbor~ he offered pups to me and another neighbor for his costs (for shots) rather than what he was selling them for to other people.........I couldn't resist! Meet So-Chee's newest assistant!

He doesn't have a name yet~ he's not registered or anything~ but he is a full blood Pyr.........and admit it........he's just a good looking pup! He was raised with goats and has never been around poultry before~ but hasn't tried to chase or harrass the Turkeys at all yet. So far (couple hours) all looks good~ I put him right into the Turkey pen and plan for him to stay there until he forgets he used to live at the neighbors house! He is going to be a BIG DOG! We are very excited! We will pick out a name for him soon.......you know how we are~ takes forever for us to choose a name! (I'm leaning toward "Tater" but no one else in the house like it!)

I'm still buying the anatolian shepherd too........So-chee needs two assistants if we are getting goats too! I LOVE living out in the country~ I CAN have three dogs.....I have the space and a job for them all!

Old 06-16-2008, 11:12 AM   #2
Double LY
What a great pup! I hope this means we can expect some updates on the new additions (I know I can't be the only one who has missed reading your weekly tales of life in the country)

Old 06-16-2008, 01:58 PM   #3
LadyOhh
Congrats, Cheryl!! Looks like its going to be a busy place over there really soon!!!

Old 06-16-2008, 10:45 PM   #4
heathn
You know, you should write up all the experiences and publish a book of short stories about a Cali girl living in the deep south. You definitely know how to tell a good story, and with all the animals you own, plenty of subject matter. Gotta think of a good name for the book....

Old 06-16-2008, 11:12 PM   #5
Craigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathn
You know, you should write up all the experiences and publish a book of short stories about a Cali girl living in the deep south.

I would so buy it and they both are so cute , I bet they love there Jobs

Craig

Old 06-17-2008, 10:41 AM   #6
Cat_72
Awwwwwwwww Cheryl, he is ADORABLE!!!!

Pyrs are AWESOME dogs as well, I think you will love him....

*tries to keep hint of jealousy out of post*

Old 06-17-2008, 07:53 PM   #7
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I'm glad y'all are enjoying my stories. I worry a little that this is not really the appropriate web site for my ramblings about our new little homestead~ but truth be told I don't actually indulge in much interaction with other people except online here and since my internet is now unreliable I can't get into chat as much as I used to. As far as writing it into a book? Well~ that sounds like a chore! I have enough chores Thanks you very much!!

I am learning a lot about farming. The last several weeks (okay~ I admit it~ months) I've been trying to clear the fence lines and put field fence up over the barbed wire to keep strange dogs off the property (and to keep mine in!). It's slow~ very slow~ because we very much resemble the Three Stooges every time we get out there and almost always one of us winds up hurt! "Lift that~ drop that~ NOT THERE!! OH! MY FOOT!!!! ........do you think that fence is tight enough?? Well.....okay~ release the tension ~WAIT! No! DAMN! OUCH!! I WAS PLANNING ON USING THAT THUMB AGAIN!!!!!!"

It's amazing how many other chores you can find to do when you really need to work the fence line and really don't want too!!

Yesterday the neighbor we got the Pyr pup from stopped and watched us for about 5 min~ then he said real casual like
"y'all need some help?"

He's a busy guy who has helped us several times when he spotted us doing the three stooges fence capades~ so we assured him "No~ it's okay~ we have a BOOK~ we'll figure it out"

He looked right at me and said very clearly~
"No~ Y'all NEED some help" got out of his truck and showed us how we were going to kill ourselves when we stretched the fence the way we had it rigged!

I have very nice~ patient nieghbors. Thats a good thing!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!