Info Dragons For You - Cages - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-12-2010, 11:13 AM   #1
SPJ
Dragons For You - Cages

Anyone use these cages?
If so, do you have photos of them in use?
How well built are they?
Any issues with the company or cages?
I'm thinking about ordering some but have never had good luck with cage manufacturers and before I spend any money, I want to get as much info on this business and their cages as possible.
Thanks.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:31 PM   #2
SPJ
Well, I've been told of an experience with this company by a trusted source so it looks like I will be going elsewhere for cages.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:39 PM   #3
houdini1
Steve I have been looking at a few of their cages as well. I am curious to know what you found out. I just don't know enough about them.

Anyone else had any dealings with them?

Old 02-12-2010, 02:49 PM   #4
azalinx
I use them and price for what you get is very good. I have no problems with them...

Old 02-12-2010, 03:13 PM   #5
hhmoore
Rather than have Steve take crap for anonymous third party info, I'll step in...
I contacted him privately, and told him about my experience. All I'm going to say publicly is that I received damaged cages...and they remained damaged cages. (The damage was relatively minor; but it rendered them both useless for their intended purpose.)

Old 02-12-2010, 03:56 PM   #6
houdini1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Rather than have Steve take crap for anonymous third party info, I'll step in...
I contacted him privately, and told him about my experience. All I'm going to say publicly is that I received damaged cages...and they remained damaged cages. (The damage was relatively minor; but it rendered them both useless for their intended purpose.)
Thank you Harold. I appreciate you chiming in on it. I think I may look elsewhere. Damage is damage no matter how minor and I'd like to avoid the hassle, especially if the problem wasn't corrected.

Thanks again.

Old 02-12-2010, 07:17 PM   #7
dragons4you
Hi hhmore,
I am not sure what exactly you are referring to because I do not remember the order or the complaint. I will say that we usually do everything possible to please our customers. Did you notify us?

Old 02-12-2010, 07:38 PM   #8
dragons4you
Harald,
This was so upsetting to us, I went back and found your order and old emails. Your order was in 2007 and it appears that the locks on your cages were damaged in shipping. We were more than happy to replace the locks and mailed you new ones. We assumed that you were satisfied.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:09 PM   #9
SPJ
Actually it isn't just Harald who seems to have had an issue with these cages.
On BP.net someone else repsonded to my inquiry stating the cages shipped were a different size then they ordered and when a heat panel is installed, it causes the top to sag under the weight.
I am not getting a good feeling about the cages and based on my past experiences of getting crap from cage builders, I am going to look elsewhere.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:26 PM   #10
dragons4you
We have not had any complaints with cages sagging. I am not familiar with the heat panels and not sure of the weight but we have had people use them before and not had any complaints. The cages are built for heat tape and actual has a double floor but if they need re-enforcement in the top for the weight of the heat panel they can order it that way.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!