CustomCages.com review - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-20-2006, 01:00 AM   #1
critterz
Thumbs down CustomCages.com review

i originally posted this on LJ, and was asked to post here to alert others and save them from a potential headache, so here goes...

Well, 2 and a half months after placing my order, I finally received my 2 cages from customcages.com. My experiences with this company have been awful and I wanted to share more information about the ordeal I went through to get these cages. I shopped around for quite a while before finally deciding to purchase cages from this company. I had origninally planned to have a local artist make one big custom unit for me, but he was a total flake and it took over a month just to get a shitty CAD drawing of the wrong thing. After pricing things out with Cages By Design, it was going to be almost as expensive and even then not exactly what I wanted. I decided for the cost, I might as well go ahead and order from Custom Cages. I called prior to placing my order and spoke with the owner of the company to ask about the few special things I wanted and to verify how long it would take to ship. They boast on their website most orders take 2 weeks, but when I called I was told mine would take approxamately 3 to make and 1 to ship, for a grand total of 4 weeks. Sounded great to me, so I went ahead and placed my order for 2 cages and a few extra vents and such totaling $1,060.00. When week 4 arrived, I called to verify I would get a tracking number and an approximate date so I could plan to be home that day. I was told by the owner at this time the cages were almost done and they would ship within the next week.

So I waited. No news, no shipping number still, no contact from them at all. I call the company again. I'm told they are getting ready to START the cages I've been told were almost completed. The owners also procedes to tell me how they've been busy, as if that makes it ok they've lied to me, and are way behind schedule. Anyways, weeks go by and after more hassles and BS from the company, I finally get my cages. The set up was pretty easy, but the instructions weren't that great. Almost all my pieces have nicks and dents, but after the hassle I went through trying to get them, it's not worth it to me to try and get them replaced from the company. I knew I wasn't getting the best cages in the world, but the end product is not worth the money I spent. I would not recommend this company to anyone. While the owner was always friendly when I could reach him on the phone, he lied about the status of my cages multiple times, I was never contacted about the status of my order, and they're just not worth the cost, even with shipping included.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!