Thanksgiving Thoughts - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 11-22-2005, 02:31 PM   #1
ms_terese
Thanksgiving Thoughts

Since I know alot of people will be taking off for the holiday soon, I wanted to wish all my Fauna friends and acquaintances a happy and safe Thanksgiving weekend.

What am I thankful for?

First and foremost, my family: Steve, Amanda, Krista, Alex, Donnie, Lexi, Ethan, Michael, Marge, Tre, (the other) Alex, Denise, Nicole, Kara, Chris, Jennie, Grace, Debbie, George, Colleen, Kathleen, Celine, Ken, Julie, Scott, and Jacob.

My friends who aren't included in the list above: Jenn, Pam, Amanda, Debbie, Jennifer, Buster, Kevin, Brandon, Angie, Sheri, Sandy, Rohit, Anita, Scott, Brian, Robin, Sue, Rene, Jim, Jane, Dave, Tammy, Ellen, Karen, Charlie, Mike, Bruce, and the many others.

My online friends, from sites all over that have welcomed me and my ramblings and my ideas....and given their thoughts, opinions, suggestions, shoulders, and laughter in return.

My health, and the relative good health of my loved ones.

My job, for allowing me to provide what is needed whenever for my loved ones.

My animals: Harley, Moose, Wendell, Willow, and all the snakes.

My way of life, which is the result of sacrifices made by too many people for me to ever know.

Stop and count your blessings, folks. They're there, even in the darkest of times. It never hurts to take stock of them.

Old 11-23-2005, 05:06 PM   #2
pogonadragon
I hope you don't mind me adding my list...

I am thankful for God and His grace and Jesus' love displayed to me in spite of all I do/have done!
I am SOOO thankful for my husband and his patience and level headedness and his love to me that he shows daily.
I am SOOO thankful for my two beautiful children who are healthy and precious!
I am thankful that, in spite of it's imperfection, this nation and the freedom I have always known. I am so thankful that God blessed me and put me here.
For my family and my husband's family, who shows us and our children so much love and support.
For my husband being able to be the provider/him wanting to be the provider for this family so I can stay at home with our children.
Shoot, just living in an area that I feel safe in and feel safe having my children in, that is such a blessing.
For my health and that of my husband and our family... that's a definite blessing.

I'm glad this thread is here because I know for me, it's so much easier to focus on the things I think aren't right. I seem to always, I think daily, find something to complain about, so focusing on what is good may be helpful in changing that.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Old 11-23-2005, 07:13 PM   #3
Lucille
I am thankful for:

Insulin, that my insulin dependent diabetic son may remain alive. Several hundred years ago, before insulin was discovered, he would have not made it after being diagnosed.

Living in America; that I may have the abundant freedoms it provides.

Our military men and women, for helping to protect that freedom with their time and their lives.

Being able to have provided for my children as they were growing up, not an affluent life but much of the world has less, and they had what I could give them, and all of my love.

Fauna, and for Rich's efforts to provide a good site for us

And for all of y'all who have helped my with advice and information when I returned to the reptile hobby a little over a year ago after being away for decades while raising my children by myself; I appreciate you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!