Bad Guy Bigpimpen22 led me on a wild goose chase. - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:09 AM   #61
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki4life View Post
where this appears to be a civil case
Quote:

I'd contact the police
Have you read your own post?

Old 05-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #62
suzuki4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
All sales pertaining to the sales of goods, and this sale qualifies.
If it is a "legal sale" per state requirements which would include the collecting and claiming of income and sales tax...

if not, it can be considered a civil matter.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:14 AM   #63
suzuki4life
Quote:
Have you read your own post?
Yep, uniformed people tend to sway people to chose easy solutions. Some cops get in the middle of fun stuff like this (and domestic, custody etc cases), others push for it to go in front of a judge. Never hurts to try for easy solutions.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:14 AM   #64
Lucille
Quote:
If it is a "legal sale" per state requirements which would include the collecting and claiming of income and sales tax...

if not, it can be considered a civil matter.
Gary, you do not know what you are talking about.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #65
suzuki4life
Quote:
Gary, you do not know what you are talking about.
ok.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #66
DesertRat73
Really?

Quote:
Payment given has not been defined as a deposit by the buyer to his acknowledgement

I'd contact the police with a copy of this post in hand to ensure the seller can not deny receipt of payment. I would ask for them to retrieve my payment or press charges. It would then be up to them to take action or encourage the buyer to address this civilly through the small claims court.

The buyer stated in his text he could put money down so it wouldn't go anywhere. Which to me = hold/deposit.

I'd be interested to see what the police told you on that. On such a small matter that could so easily go either way? I think the resources alone needed to bring this before a judge would get you laughed out of the station. Tying up the police from doing something constructive for how many hours, attorneys fees, filing fees, time off work to deal with nonsense, tying up the courts and wasting the time of all involved? Really?

Old 05-02-2012, 02:53 PM   #67
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Yep, uniformed people tend to sway people to chose easy solutions. Some cops get in the middle of fun stuff like this (and domestic, custody etc cases), others push for it to go in front of a judge. Never hurts to try for easy solutions.

What you are suggesting is not an "easy solution." it's imo an attempt to bypass an agreement and beat the seller out of his time.

I am not one that will pander and mollycoddle those buyers who chose to play around with money that they don't have. If the buyer went to Vegas and gambled and lost, how do you think management would respond?

I am frankly tired of people getting into a business which they have NO CLUE how business is transacted and I am not going to give a deposit back to some such that want to play with the big boys and then WHINE when life throws some curves.

The buyer attempted to purchase and the implied agreement is as valid as if the seller had written everything down word for word. There would still be people telling the seller to give the money back or give a credit even if the seller had a TOS.

The seller has the right to conduct his business as he sees fit as long as he is not scamming anyone, or breaking any implied agreements.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:18 PM   #68
mikepanzarella
im sorry deborah i disagree about the implied agreement you can not assume the buyers know anything
that is the reason people make the TOS to protect them
as for this situation its very hard but the things i dont like is the seller sold the snake when the buyer has shown proof of being at the hospital
and the seller has chose to start a bad guy thread when hes keeping the money
no matter what this is going to have people on both sides but as a seller myself even after everything that has gone on (including implied TOS) i would still refund the money 100% of the time or atleast offer him something else as a replacement (if he didnt want anything his money would be refunded)
if anything him making this bad guy BOI without the money refunded makes him look like a bad guy (not saying i think that just alot of people will)

Old 05-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #69
michaellosoya
I would not have posted him as a bad guy if he wasn't threatening me with a bad boi.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:27 PM   #70
hempmilk
Return the man his money, practice being a humanitarian and come out the bigger person.

I too, was recently a poor college student. I do emphasize, but $100 is not worth being a stain in the reptile industry, whether you're a corporation or an individual.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!