Inquiry William Wohlers? - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-14-2014, 08:40 AM   #71
Guy Castro
The person selling the animal is 100% responsible for it's genetics! Three people on this thread with "bad luck"? WOW!

Old 09-14-2014, 02:11 PM   #72
wohlerswi
Zues the animal you purchased from me produced visual hets for me. Im sorry it didnt work out that way for you. Breed her again next year and I bet you will have different results.

Dustin. Im tired of all of this. If she is in fact not a het I would like to make it right. Im not in the business of ripping people off. Lets continue this in email.

Ashley please email me. Ive looked for your email address everywhere and I no longer have it. I wasnt aware you had issues as well. I would like to fix any issues from animals I have sold, and same goes with you. If the animal you purchased was not a het then Im sorry. I couldnt have been aware of it before hand and I appreciate you giving it another shot at breeding her. Please email me directly.

Im done with this thread now. Please no more responses here.

Old 09-14-2014, 02:24 PM   #73
freedumbdclxvi
Quote:
Originally Posted by wohlerswi View Post
Im done with this thread now. Please no more responses here.
No offense, but you don't get to make that call. Reading through this thread and the emails you sent, I think all three people *should* continue to update this thread as to what you do or don't do to make things right. I don't do ball pythons, but, I can tell you, based on the insulting emails you sent to Dustin, I would never do business with you. And I am sure, as you said to him, "who cares" cause "who knows me" - but all potential customers can see how you react if an issue arises.

Old 09-14-2014, 02:34 PM   #74
dustinNMpythons
Will emailed me saying he would make it right, I'll let everyone know where it goes from here.

Old 09-14-2014, 05:36 PM   #75
Applepretzel
Will, I sent you an email last night to the only email I have for you. I will send it to you via PM here.

Old 09-14-2014, 07:49 PM   #76
Applepretzel
Will got in touch with me and I've agreed to go ahead and give my female one more try with my pied male. If only het pieds are produced, he's promised to make things right. I will definitely be keeping everyone updated - unfortunately it will take some time to resolve this, but that can't be helped.

Old 09-14-2014, 08:42 PM   #77
WebSlave
Quote:
Lucy butt out and grow up Do you know how many things get sent as gift in paypal? Paypal will not protect customers who purchase live animals anyway so you think thats my reason? Ive told you numerous times to quit trying to derail this thread. The moderators have already been made aware. You need to quit making slanderous assumptions before I take further action.
Will
Just out of curiosity, and a credibility check here as well, but which moderator(s) have you made aware of your claims? I am sorry, but I see no indication of that taking place at all.

For the record, you don't have any say whatsoever in what other members can say in this thread expressing their opinions or relaying facts that they feel may be relevant to the discussion. Not sure where you got the impression that you had some control over such things here, but please note that you do not. You can certainly tell anyone at all to "butt out", but they are under absolutely no requirement whatsoever to listen to and obey your commands.

And just because you may claim something stated is "slanderous" does not make it actually so. Your claim is nothing more than an opinion that you are expressing, which carries no more weight than what anyone else states here.

But heck. if you feel that I am somehow in error about MY interpretation of how things are run here, please let me know.

Old 09-14-2014, 09:17 PM   #78
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedumbdclxvi View Post
No offense, but you don't get to make that call. Reading through this thread and the emails you sent, I think all three people *should* continue to update this thread as to what you do or don't do to make things right. I don't do ball pythons, but, I can tell you, based on the insulting emails you sent to Dustin, I would never do business with you. And I am sure, as you said to him, "who cares" cause "who knows me" - but all potential customers can see how you react if an issue arises.
Great post.

Even if he replaces bad hets, he hasn't made things right. He blew hot air with threats of action, was nasty to his customers, told them they were wrong, an extremely controlling personality.

Who knows how many quiet gentle persons had issues but simply did not want to take him on.
He got cornered here and all of a sudden wants to take care of it all (quietly, by email) and try to control the thread and tell us we cannot post further. Damage control is all it is for him in my opinion. Putting the hush on.

I did notice he has not said he would stop ripping off Paypal. :roll eyes: My opinion? If he'll do it to them, he'll do it to you.

Old 09-14-2014, 09:24 PM   #79
Zues
Quote:
Zues the animal you purchased from me produced visual hets for me. Im sorry it didnt work out that way for you. Breed her again next year and I bet you will have different results.
You sold her as a 100% double het for albino pied. Even if I take you for your word(which is questionable at best right now) that she produced an albino for you that does not prove her to be a double het. The value for a het albino is significantly different than that of a double het female. Not sure exactly what the odds are of an eight egg clutch from DH X DH producing zero visuals but I bet its out there.
Clay Rhodes

Old 09-14-2014, 11:19 PM   #80
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zues View Post
You sold her as a 100% double het for albino pied. Even if I take you for your word(which is questionable at best right now) that she produced an albino for you that does not prove her to be a double het. The value for a het albino is significantly different than that of a double het female. Not sure exactly what the odds are of an eight egg clutch from DH X DH producing zero visuals but I bet its out there.
Clay Rhodes
To address this one part only because it can lend perspective when considering the entirety of the situation -

Between wild type, het for one trait, het for the other, or double het for both, it calculates at 56.25% per egg of not showing any visuals (homozygous for one if not both traits involved). Since each egg is independent of the others, it is best if we keep that in mind. Put differently, per egg, there is a greater statistical chance of seeing nothing than seeing something for that individual event.

I have had homozygous x heterozygous give me all heterozygous before and the polar opposite for different traits in different animals over various numbers of eggs. Jackpot sometimes and the Shirley Jackson version at other times.

So please retain your healthy skepticism, but also keep it within the confines of the statistical framework involved for the sake of being as fair as possible to all.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!