sam jones <jones.sam11@gmail.com> - Be very CAUTIOUS - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:32 AM   #1
SPJ
sam jones <jones.sam11@gmail.com> - Be very CAUTIOUS

I got an email from this guy for an ad I have up on this site.
Here is the first email from him.
Quote:
jones.sam11@gmail.com wrote:
5 Foot Plus Female Ball Python
contact me for a female ball python.jones.sam11@gmail.com
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/pp_c...?product=34679
My reply to him.
Quote:
sjordanides@sbcglobal.net wrote:
Please reply with photos, details on her, and asking price.
Thanks.
His response
Quote:
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 11:18:39 +0100
From: "sam jones" <jones.sam11@gmail.com> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by gmail.com. Learn more
To: "Steve Jordanides" <sjordanides@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: A message about your ad on
She need a very good home with the humidity and temperature suitable for her and you have to make sure that you note the environment changes that might affect her temperature as it may range from 82-95 degrees,she feeds on rodents,mice and rats and defecated about 5 times after evry meal.And she is on all shots and vaccinations.
Am offering her for $900 and am currently located in west africa where we are carrying out research on a new breed of snakes.
I would like to know if you are ok with the amount and if you have any experience with this breed.
Thanks
Sorry but I don't think I am sending this guy ANY money for his "new" breed of snakes that craps like crazy after every meal.

This is the photo he sent me. Does anyone recognize this snake as theirs?
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2008, 09:37 AM   #2
Lucille
Steve

Email him back. Ask if this snake has had its rabies shot.
Really the ad sounds like one of those folks who prey on 'wanted' ads.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:38 AM   #3
willows chelle
LOL!

That is very funny, I do not recognize the snake, and I agree, I am not interested in any "new breed" that craps more than I do!

Old 04-14-2008, 09:47 AM   #4
Mooing Tricycle
whoevers snake that really is, its a nice lookin one!
LOL

Old 04-14-2008, 10:31 AM   #5
grandmagreen
Here is the image information:

The photo was taken 3 years ago.
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2008, 10:52 AM   #6
willows chelle
how do you do that grandmagreen????

cool trick

Old 04-14-2008, 10:54 AM   #7
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by willows chelle
how do you do that grandmagreen????

cool trick
Exif reader. Just a small program you can download anywhere on the net.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:56 AM   #8
SadisticMuffin
Never buy anything from someone saying they are from Africa. I got a few emails myself in the past from people from Africa wanting to sell or buy something from me. I almost fell for it the first time. I was selling an umbrella cockatoo a few years back. This man wanted to buy it from me. Said he would send me a money order and I could ship it to his contact person in the United states and that person would send it to him. I got the money order for more then what the asking price was. I contacted him on it. The money order was for $5000. I was asking for $800. He said for me to wire his contact the extra after depositing the money order into my bank account. I found this fishy and called the money order in to see if it was real. Surely enough it was not real. If I had trusted the man I would have deposited the money, sent him the extra, and the bird. And then I would have been out of a bird and a lot of money. And my bank account would have bounced $5000 due to a fake money order. Ever since then anyone mentioning Africa in any email has been the same way. Never do any deals with anyone outside of the states in my opinion.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:17 AM   #9
SPJ
Hmm. This guy went "POOF" when I told him I would only do payment upon arrival after the health and sex of the snake was verified.
Scumbag scammer. His email is now marked as spam.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:26 AM   #10
joepythons
lol

Come on Steve you know you want a snake that craps like an elephant after every meal

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!