My Horned Frog Collection (pic heavy) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Old 03-30-2017, 12:28 PM   #11
Bart
I had a big collection before, about 40 frogs.. Mostly Cranwelli and Ornate but I had cornuta and caatinga as well. Went through a bad situation and had to basically give them all away . My collection will stay small this stime, no more than 10. I'd really like a couple caatinga and some really bright high red ornates but I'm not having luck finding them. I emailed Philippe about caatinga but never heard back and I just can't find the quality I'm looking for with ornates. Good luck getting your cornuta.. A word of advice, if you really want a green phase wait for one. The brown phase are nice but if you're like me, even if you settle for a brown you'll end up just getting greens when they come available lol.. That's a nice caatinga, I've seen it before when I was searching out pics of frogs a month ago.

Old 03-30-2017, 03:57 PM   #12
Jawsofafrog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post
I had a big collection before, about 40 frogs.. Mostly Cranwelli and Ornate but I had cornuta and caatinga as well. Went through a bad situation and had to basically give them all away . My collection will stay small this stime, no more than 10. I'd really like a couple caatinga and some really bright high red ornates but I'm not having luck finding them. I emailed Philippe about caatinga but never heard back and I just can't find the quality I'm looking for with ornates. Good luck getting your cornuta.. A word of advice, if you really want a green phase wait for one. The brown phase are nice but if you're like me, even if you settle for a brown you'll end up just getting greens when they come available lol.. That's a nice caatinga, I've seen it before when I was searching out pics of frogs a month ago.
Oh that stinks about your collection. I just got two cbb baby brown's. I am not gonna sweat a green phase because my aurita will be greenish. I really bought two because I am crossing my fingers one of the brown surinam is female. Yeah, I miss my Caatinga but I missed my Cornuta today.. I am so happy to actually have a aurita though!

Old 03-31-2017, 08:17 PM   #13
Dyscophus antongilii
Wow...just wow... I love your collection. I am sorry you had to "give away" your previous collection. But, your current one looks amazing!! I hope you do not mind me asking Bart, but, how did you acquire your amazing specimens? I mean who produced them or did you produce them yourself?

Thanks for your time.

Old 03-31-2017, 09:26 PM   #14
Bart
I bought them from sellers on this sites classifieds.. I've been watching the listings on this site for a while looking for what I want.

Old 04-01-2017, 08:31 PM   #15
Dyscophus antongilii
That is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing. Who produced your C. cornuta and C. aurita? How long have you had your specimens?

Thanks again for your time.

Old 04-02-2017, 03:06 AM   #16
Jawsofafrog
I can help answer that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyscophus antongilii View Post
That is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing. Who produced your C. cornuta and C. aurita? How long have you had your specimens?

Thanks again for your time.
I was informed the breeders were Strictly Reptiles for our frogs.
http://www.strictlyreptiles.tv/produ...ogs-and-toads/

Old 04-02-2017, 07:55 PM   #17
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawsofafrog View Post
I was informed the breeders were Strictly Reptiles for our frogs.
http://www.strictlyreptiles.tv/produ...ogs-and-toads/
Thanks so much for answering. Your always so prompt with your responses. I am so...well... not . Thanks for being so understanding with that too.

Do they only wholesale?

Old 04-02-2017, 11:43 PM   #18
Jawsofafrog
Quote:
Thanks so much for answering. Your always so prompt with your responses. I am so...well... not . Thanks for being so understanding with that too.

Do they only wholesale?
When I bought my c. Cornuta the manager of the reptile shop/fish shop said to me Strictly Reptiles wholesales and sometimes does individual sales. They are located in Hollywood, FL.

Old 04-04-2017, 10:38 PM   #19
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawsofafrog View Post
When I bought my c. Cornuta the manager of the reptile shop/fish shop said to me Strictly Reptiles wholesales and sometimes does individual sales. They are located in Hollywood, FL.
I wish that I was closer to the store. Okay, maybe not, since, I might be "more broke" then ever LOL. If you ever see adult Dyscophus guineti let me know.

Old 04-04-2017, 11:33 PM   #20
Jawsofafrog
Quote:
I wish that I was closer to the store. Okay, maybe not, since, I might be "more broke" then ever LOL. If you ever see adult Dyscophus guineti let me know.
No problem.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
brazilian, horned frog, pacman frog, surinam