Savannah in Distress. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:26 AM   #21
hhmoore
That they are, Ed. Pretty much, if they can fit it in, they will eat it (and sometimes they will try, even if it is obvious to us that it won't fit). I will say that I never would have thought to feed a savannah monitor to a frog, though, lol. Anything that pi$$ed me off went to the gator

Old 06-10-2008, 11:31 AM   #22
Miss Tuniwha
ok, I do like the second photo where he is slurping it in like spaghetti.. ha ha ha..

Old 06-10-2008, 11:40 AM   #23
KelliH
Quote:
Tell me why this is not smart to post a pic like this, this is something that plays out every day in the wild. frogs eating monitors and monitors eating frogs. would it be smarter to conceal pics like this from "people that love reptiles"?
Look, I'm not judging you for what you choose to do with your healthy baby monitors. I'm no newbie Ed, and I know all about biology and how herps live in the wild. I'll be the first to admit that I have fed off badly deformed hatchling leos to my leachianus. I don't take pics of the leachie with half of a baby leo sticking out of it's mouth and post it on the Gecko Forum though, it's would be poor form and show a real lack of respect for my fellow gecko lovers. That's all I'm saying. It's all good.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:52 AM   #24
texasnewbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
I don't take pics of the leachie with half of a baby leo sticking out of it's mouth and post it on the Gecko Forum though, it's would be poor form and show a real lack of respect for my fellow gecko lovers. [/IMG]
Rather than a simple "Frog eating natural prey" the title of the thread seemed to be aimed at provoking a reaction. I don't like the idea of animals (of any type) being in distress, I know its natural but still.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:55 AM   #25
Ed Clark
Kelli, I have fed Leos as well and have pics of that. cool pics but posting a pic of that would bring the wrath of hell upon myself and thats a line I dont want to cross.

Old 06-10-2008, 12:08 PM   #26
KelliH
Quote:
Kelli, I have fed Leos as well and have pics of that. cool pics but posting a pic of that would bring the wrath of hell upon myself and thats a line I dont want to cross.
LOL well yes you are certainly right about that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!