ISO noisy frog/toad...advice? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:06 AM   #11
porkchop48
Well depending on how soon you need/ want them. I have some CB ones coming out of the water. They need a little while to get some size of them. When spring rolsl around mine breed non stop. This was an unexpected clutch from those couple warm raininey days at the beginning of january.

Most you find are WC but they are pretty hardy.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:45 AM   #12
kerit
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchop48 View Post
I always dump the crickets, worms, roaches, or what every they are eating that day on top of the waterfall/ filter which is flat on top or on top one of the large rocks that stick out of the water.
Sounds like a Tetra Decorative ReptoFilter? I have one in my square-marked toads' terrarium right now. Pricey but they look good.

My firebellies never caught on to getting their food on the land area... guess they trained me with the tongs. So don't let them get away with demanding to be hand-fed, Lynn.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:50 AM   #13
porkchop48
Yes I do believe that is the filter. I traded some fruit fly stuff for it so I was not sure of the price.

With the amount of frogs at my house there is no way I am giving into to hand feeding. The pixies get hand fed but I draw the line at that :-)

Old 03-22-2011, 07:52 PM   #14
kerit
Lynn, did you ever get your toads?

I was doing some maintenance on my square-marked tank the other day and finally got a picture. It's quite similar to my previous firebelly setup. Since these toads are larger and enjoy burrowing, most of the plants ended up in jars to thwart their attempts at uprooting. The firebellies were much kinder to live plants.
Attached Images

Old 03-31-2011, 08:48 PM   #15
porkchop48
Finally some pics from me :-)

Old 05-03-2011, 11:28 PM   #16
smashtoad
The call of the smooth sided toad is a beautiful whistle

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!