Name that Amphibian - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Old 07-09-2006, 09:43 AM   #141
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolai
hey rick, when i first looked at that pic i thought it was a uamerican bull frog too, they look just like them. Did you find out anything about its ssp. I am very curious ion this one. Rana ????
Nope. I thought the EMBL had amphibians also, but it is only reptiles. I don't have a link to a good amphibian data base. Haven't really had time to look either. All of a sudden I'm a popular person and everyone has been coming by to visit. I'll be glad when I go back to being unpopular again. LOL

I like the last one you posted though. That would be a genetic masterpiece there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_rz
although not all of the frogs have the spots in the first link I posted.
I'd have to disagree with that one. I thought I picked them out from all of them. No matter though, they are cool looking frogs regardless. Wouldn't mind a possitive ID on them myself also. I've seen BC constrictor ID'd as A. Madagascarensis on a google search before.

Rick

Old 07-09-2006, 09:52 AM   #142
crotalusadamanteus
Euphlyctis hexadactylus
Indian Five-fingered Frog, Indian Bullfrog (CITES APP II)

http://www.amphibiaweb.org/cgi-bin/a...s&where-cites=

This may be getting on the right track. Although the color description does not match very well to the photo in the link above. I'll look some more right now.

Old 07-09-2006, 06:22 PM   #143
nicolai
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus
Euphlyctis hexadactylus
Indian Five-fingered Frog, Indian Bullfrog

This may be getting on the right track. Although the color description does not match very well to the photo in the link above. I'll look some more right now.
the head look wider in the other photo and yes the color is way off.

Old 07-10-2006, 09:50 PM   #144
perfection
red back salamander

Old 07-11-2006, 10:15 AM   #145
nicolai
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfection
red back salamander
excellent, since you guessed it you get to post the next one!!! Don't make it too easy!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!