The next kingsnake? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 02:23 AM   #11
Darin Chappell
It's a bit of a formality here, Mario, but one that is necessary nonetheless. So, when you do post your response here on the BOI, please include your full name, even if everyone already knows who you are from previous posts above. Otherwise, your long thought out response will just be deleted.

Old 02-11-2003, 02:28 AM   #12
Mario
lol, im dyslexic, atleast I came to that conclusion, sorry. Im spell checking the big post coming

Old 02-11-2003, 02:30 AM   #13
Mario
Hey, it can be looked up, but Im on the defence as to as yet. I'll post it in the big post.

Old 02-11-2003, 02:31 AM   #14
Mario
btw, that wasnt ment as harsh as it sounded, my appologies.

Old 02-11-2003, 02:35 AM   #15
Uffern
I reread what I said, and realize it was completely unnecessary. My pulblic apologies for being inconsiderate.

Old 02-11-2003, 03:48 AM   #16
Mario
Np Rich,
I can understand your concern. I just felt it was problably nessery to state and maybe make a point that the person under the attack problably should not be obligated to have to post their last name. Becouse they are defening themselves. But obvously this nex post is finnaly done, you I am now obligated to post my name. Well maybe not but, I guess thats iffy and Ill do it anyways.

Old 02-11-2003, 03:49 AM   #17
Mario
I am now aware of this post on BOI. This is why Steve is now banned. He was on my personal three strike system. This was his last strike and he has striked out by posting me and my site of here and future posting a post that is intended for moderators eyes only publicly. This is also copyright infringement too Steve.

Ok here’s the deal. Steve was my global moderator and actually quite frankly was made this because of reason I have not yet released publicly, yet. But it was because of his abuse on Gecko Expert and his attacks to me. Hey I’m sure you all heard the sang, keep your friends close and your enemy’s closer. Well exactly same deal here. (btw Steve who’s naive now? ). Yes that’s one of his nice little things he has called me recently actually before this whole ordeal. Anyways we has attacked me and others on their. Being center of attack by some other people I could not take this. The admin did nothing to help.
Anyways this seemed to be exactly what I needed. It kept him off my back. He was also keyed in on my forum which I was secretly going to make in partnership with another site. Since I was so called “competition”. Anyways it was time to give the people what they needed. But I know secretly from inside sources that GI and GE had plans to merge. And I’m sure it was to take me out of the game. I also new Steve had plans to do a similar thing I had planned. Open a forum with experts as well. But I wanted one were people could discuss their geckos issues and share information. One where people won’t be attacked and bashed. (wow I am really feeling naive now huh Steve). I was attacked for using my link on GE. Hey goes with the territory I guess. So I figured, ok I am so done with this crap. Time to show them competition. I also was not happy being banned unfairly from GI. So it was now time to fight back. And give them what they called me, competition. Well one of them is shut down. I must say good work Steve you trolled that board good. That priest thing about rapping little children, wow you really gave it to them good didn’t you. It was funny cause I had to wait so long to open my site because I wanted to wait for the “competitions” secret merger to happen but it fell through. Anyways I opened our forum up. And suddenly theirs this troll on GE. I was like wow. I think this was finally after I was made a mod. Yea, that was a joke. I was rejected the first time cause I was competition and some members didn’t like me. But it was going down hill so fast I logged on to find I was a mod. I would have said no, but I figured good way to prove I would have been their best mod, and to see who the trouble makers were. Anyways back to what I was talking about above. This new troll arrives. Well I was trying to mod it but it was getting out of hand. I also was not a global so I couldn’t do all forums. Anyways Steve comes on and tell’s me it was him. IT was kind of funny at first. I guess it was too ironic. This was after he was already made g mod to my forum and a “contributor” to my main site which he never sent me anything for it anyways. Well I never got him access either (I did have problems with what I originally planned to do, giving him and others access). Anyways I just told him to send me anything and I’ll post. Nothing was ever sent, but that’s besides the point, I’m just trying to cover all the bases here. He what can I say he did seem to know quite a bit about leos. Like I said did. Some of his options and thoughts are a little questionable to mine, but hey, that’s just how things are. So I find out hes trolling,. It’s kind of funny. Heck, Im not even going to bother reporting him. I just made this guy G mod, how doe it make it look. Not to mention, the admins did nothing for me when I was being attacked and harassed and infact got on my case for even saying anything. So hey, they were on their own. So he’s going on making everyone mad. Then he going on about stuff being a priest and likening little boys. That I have to say was a little to far. That was disturbing. Ya, I probably should have said something then and their. But with as much that went on and knowing the way Steve works and turns things around, hell no. I had enough crap to deal with. He was on his own. Actually I wanted nothing to do with him then. I wanted to ban him, but new hey then somethings up. I just kept my mouth closed and let GE deal with the monster they have created.
Meanwhile time went on and that forum finally closed up. Hurry victory. Anyways Steve was pretty decent on my forum. Their was a few instances I remember having to watch him. But lately he did seem earer to craft some messages as hidden attacks that are hard to show to someone. But this is what he does. He kind of makes posts in the way where they can be token either way. That’s a real problem and concern I had about him. And one worry. I don’t like how crafty he can be with his words a times. Like recently, we had a post, I cant remember which one. He basically made reference to someone being childish, I bit my lip on this, but I’m sure it was directed towards me.
So recently, a new member posted a advertisement about a even coming up and to come to their chat room for it. I don’t have a problem with this sort of thing. I did design to forum so people can make people aware of their site or events and such. However, they are to go in the appropriate forums. This case the events section. So I moved it.
Well, steve contacted me about this and asked me if I deleted it. I told him I moved it and why. Anyways he said ok basically. Well we had future discussion about this person and so on. But instead of trying to explain I will post the transcript.

This first one was saved on the 4th at about 12:10 am. So it obviously eneded before that time sometime.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
acebeck: hey
dafly_23: hey
acebeck: did you delete a post by meltone2? why? he's asking me what happened to it
dafly_23: nope
dafly_23: which one was his again
dafly_23: oh the evenrt
dafly_23: no moved it to the events section
dafly_23: now it also shows up in evenets bar on the right as well
acebeck: oh I see, k
dafly_23: who is that anyways?
dafly_23: they are from kingsnake?
acebeck: not officially. he runs #leopardgeckos
acebeck: he's a good guy =)
dafly_23: ahh, is that chris newman?
acebeck: no
dafly_23: oh
dafly_23: i dont reconize that name intresting, havnt been over their in a while
acebeck: not #geckochat
acebeck: #leopardgeckos
dafly_23: But no, i didnt deleate it, just moved it
dafly_23: ahh
dafly_23: this is a new one
dafly_23: this is newmands chat room isnt it?
dafly_23: or is hat deckochat
dafly_23: geckochat
acebeck: its new, last few months
dafly_23: ahh, ok
dafly_23: and their affieleted with kingsnake?
dafly_23: what happen to the otherone, i though that was the one kingsnaked used
acebeck: yeah, very loosely though, lol.
dafly_23: i see
acebeck: the other one was getting alot of abuse, so kingsnake refused to support it
dafly_23: well whats his url to the site and chatroom, ill go check them out
dafly_23: chris newmans was getting alot of abise?
acebeck: ya
dafly_23: figures, he was abusive to me on kingsnake
acebeck: abuse and offtopic stuff basically, cursing, cyber sex. lol.
dafly_23: oh wow
acebeck: it wasn't his fault
acebeck: he's a nice enough guy
dafly_23: no it was him that was attacking me personally on kingsnake one day
acebeck: weird
acebeck: everyone has their off days.. ESPECIALLY on kingsnake, lol
dafly_23: he was nice to me though when i was in his chat room
dafly_23: ya, i think it was a few day ordeal though, but i dont know what his problem was and never seen him do this to others as well
dafly_23: He friends with slutwave by any chane?
dafly_23: chance
acebeck: btw, regarding meltone's post that you moved. he was upset because the events forum gets so little traffic compared to the leo forum, he also thought it had been deleted, so he reposted. So what i did was to move the repost from leos to events and leave a phantom thread in leos. i made it all good, don't worry. deleted the original so there's only the phantom thread (which links directly to the events forum thread) and 1 real thread in events...
acebeck: i have no clue about slutwave, lol
dafly_23: hmmm, I dont lenrally like to leave shadow topics. The evens section is the proper section. Once poeple see it then people see it. ITs also in the events bar on the side. I didnt feel that it sould be in the gecko forum, it was basicly an advertisment
dafly_23: theirs no reaosn to be upset, people might not post in the events, but it gets seen
acebeck: just leave it like that, i think its the neatest way.
acebeck: i know a few people are bookmarked directly to the leo section, for example... they wouldn't see the events
acebeck: btw.. i'm working on my own page.. and i plan to have a banner exchange as well as a classifieds section.. in hopes of making a bit of money to support the site.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyways I did not like the way he handled this and it left me un easy. So I wrote the poster a friendly email explaining everything.

Dear Tony,
Wanted to take the time to email you personally on your post on the Herpetologists Gecko Forums. The other day I came on and seen your post in the Leopard Gecko section. Well being an invent and more less like an advertisement I originally moved it to the Event’s section which is dedicated for these types of post’s. As you can tell I try to keep things organized. One of the reasons for our success. As I noticed that it was a new name and the only post, I was debating how to handle it as it seamed like a blatant attempt to draw traffic. So I was considering whether to even delete it. But being of which I seen importance to, decided ok I will just move it and see if there are more attempts like this or such.
So later Steve (waxwormfan) messages me about this. I told him that I didn’t delete the post but moved it. And the reasons behind it. I also mentioned to him that not only does is show up in the events section, it will show up in the events section on the right hand side of the screen (for users using the enhanced forum style). He has been around here long enough to know how I like to run things. And that I do encourage people to post their events and such, but in the proper sections.
But apparently he said you reposted as you thought it was deleted. And he went over my head and moved it while keeping a shadow topic. This defeats the whole purpose. Plus this was after discussing and arguing about it. And he went ahead and did it over my head anyways. I did not fair well to this at all. And don’t like the idea that he thinks he can do as he please’s. And he even went to the extent to tell me to just leave it.
Today he messaged me with his site and wanted to add my forum to his site and how to do that. But before I was going to get into that and how I do this until I come up with a optimum way of this, I wanted to bring this deal up about the night before with your post. As I had not said anything back to him yet.
So I told him flat out how that makes me feel when he does something like that. And I do things for a reason. And told him but I am going to put it at the top of the page so others know about it. Then he comes back and basically attacks me and my activeness in the community and starts accusing me of this and that. Anyways we went on about this whole deal. Steve is Steve and that apparently don’t change.
I explained to him enough reasons on why I do things this way. But apparently he is not satisfied and has went complaining to the other admin about this and seems to have only told part of the deal, as typical. But anyways, I am assuming he has told you his half of what may have happened. So I decided well I better email you personally to let you know this was not a personal matter between me and you or Jodi before someone makes it seem different then it really is. It quickly became a matter of principle of him not stepping over mine or the other admins head on any decisions made here (though she was not involved with this at the time expect she knew about it and we discussed the actions to take with Steves actions. But I don’t want you to think I am singling you or Jodi out. I am a strong supporter of letting people know of events such as this. This is a big part of the reason the forum was started the way it was. However I do try to keep things in the appropriate sections. While not many topics are in that section, people do see it. It does light up when there is something new In a forum. Plus it displays on the side. And on a other note I even have it so I can have events show up on my site when they are in the event sections (unfortunately I haven’t updated the code yet on my site Gecko Network when I had to fix our forum).
So I don’t want you to think we had a problem with this. Im not sure what not Steve has said but want to make sure your aware of it. You may want to forward this to Jodi as well. I do not have his contact info available. But I do look forward to your chat room and will be posting a not at the top of the board about it. I may even post a post on it. To get some of our visitors over their. But I will not let my mod’s think they can do as they wish around here.
Also he commented something about that he came on your chat room and spammed our site. If he did, I apologize for this. And don’t like to just come to places and say “Hey everyone, come to gecko network” and such. He speaks on behalf of himself and not Gecko Network when he does that sort of thing.
Anyways hope to see you in chat and best regards,
Mario Stinso
www.GeckoNetwork.com

Well next day I get a PM form Steve

acebeck: be sure to add me to the GN Connection list.. E2MacPets =)

I was think the nerve. Anyways I was still upset about this whole ordeal cause how it appears to me is steve went over my head and did this anyway’s after I told him what I did and why. He’s been their long enough to know the rules and what I expect.

So anyways this next convo was saved on my computer on the 6th around 12:32 am.
But here is the contents of it.

-------------------------------------------------

acebeck: sup
acebeck: dude, i'm getting my site up within the next week
acebeck: how do i tie it in to the forums? simply link over to GN or can i have it embedded in my site or whatever....
dafly_23: Ok first thing is, when I delete or move forums, you dont go over my head on that, that pisses me off real quick. I do things for a reason. And when somone comes on with only one post and iit sounds like an advertisment over anything then it will be considered spam. I felt I was being very forgiving for it. I posted it in the events section. There was no need to have a shodow topic on it. else i would have.
dafly_23: But now thats over with
dafly_23: if you remind me tommaor
dafly_23: or ill try to set in in the sytem auptomaticly, ill have it pop on the front page
dafly_23: so people know
dafly_23: but i was not happy with that
acebeck: if you were more active in the community you would know full well who meltone2 was, and especially who Jodi is.
dafly_23: i amquite active in the community, im saying when u just come on the forum and post a single post and thats all it it
dafly_23: is
dafly_23: it dont matter who it is
dafly_23: but no, im not aware who she is
dafly_23: i have been too tied up with other matters
acebeck: You set the forum up for that purpose to be acceptable, if you don't want people to place classifieds or events then take the sections down or restrict them to active posters only.
dafly_23: such as the domain dispute and the infringement and fruad problems
dafly_23: right but they need to go in the proper sections
acebeck: Jodi is a man, first off. He is probably one of the biggest leo breeders next to the big 3, as well as breeding many many other animals, and is personally friends with Ron Tremper and Mark Bell.
dafly_23: that section if for leopard gecko related concenrs that deal with their lizard and the gecko in specisifc not for advertising or spam
dafly_23: so why was he attacking him on his chat?
acebeck: ?
dafly_23: attacking the way rt runs his opperation
dafly_23: such as with the tubs picture
acebeck: meltone is not Jodi. meltone is the main Operator of the chatroom
dafly_23: ok so why a meltone and melton2?
dafly_23: thats confusiising as hell
dafly_23: so who is the operator
acebeck: sorry, meltone2 i just don't bother typing the 2 usually
dafly_23: ok so who is metone
acebeck: meltone2 is the operator of the chatroom, his name is Troy Frantz. He also is currently booking a new expo in Kansas for later this year. He also goes to many expos himself
dafly_23: Never heard the name
dafly_23: atleast not that i can recall
dafly_23: i think i may have seen the screen name meltone somewhere
dafly_23: but that was about it, i havnt had the time latly to talk to everyone
dafly_23: or keep up with ks since they changed the way u use your nae and stuff now
dafly_23: but hey, im sure if i went ot his chatroom and just came on and said hey, come cisit gecko network forums we have many experts their
dafly_23: he would have said something to me
acebeck: actually that's exactly what i did. and he bookmarked the site.
dafly_23: thats just standard ediquite
dafly_23: see i dont do that
dafly_23: cuase people do not like that
dafly_23: thats considered as spam
dafly_23: most places have policys against that
dafly_23: or it is a generall rule
acebeck: GN is not a dictatorship like KS is.
acebeck: KS has that policy in place because they are attempting to monopolize a market
dafly_23: what do you mean by dictaroship?
dafly_23: actually most site carry taht policy
dafly_23: its just like your email
dafly_23: im sure you dont want it all advvertisments u didnt ask for
acebeck: Look, maybe YOU don't want it, but your forums members certainly do want to know about it
dafly_23: it would sersouly interfere with finding info if everyone came in and did that same thing
dafly_23: no one would find the help they needed, or as easily
dafly_23: thats why we have such sections for it
dafly_23: to not clutter the amin areas
dafly_23: yes, and thy know where to find it
dafly_23: wasnt it u taht somplained on somones signature for them to make money?
acebeck: that information is pertinant to leopard geckos.
dafly_23: correct
dafly_23: but its also a event and add
dafly_23: just like aft and leos are seperate
dafly_23: sure many things are the same as care
dafly_23: but we need to keep things organized
dafly_23: thats why i have an event thing on the side
acebeck: there is no money to be made from a guest chat with a large scale leopard gecko breeder who has been in the business for years. and there is no harm in encouraging people to go to a well maintained and operated chat room for one night to enhance their understanding of the animals that they love and which are the reason they come to your forum
dafly_23: trust me, the forums would not be so nice if everyday you had to read 20 ads to the all the post's
acebeck: we're not talking about 20 ads
dafly_23: right, but once one starts they all start
dafly_23: and it woudnt be fair to the rest
acebeck: we're talking about 1 post inviting people to learn more about leos
dafly_23: like i said, i will be posting it at the top of the page
dafly_23: actually its already thursday, so i can do it in a bit
dafly_23: This is why we are the top gecko board
dafly_23: cause the care to detail and maintianing it
dafly_23: beleive me, i been around the internet for a long time, this is something i do. its part of my profession, marketing. I seen forums come and go and what turns visitors away and what atrcts them
dafly_23: just like how u see gga
dafly_23: thats why its so respected
dafly_23: its for gecko info
dafly_23: many forums font even allow it
dafly_23: i do, but as long as its in the proper sections
dafly_23: As far as tie'ing the forum to your site goes. We are still working on a optimum method for this. But currently there are a few ways to go. Either you can link to us from your menu, or you can do like I have setup for rakell. If you have a domain name and host that excepts subdomain names, you can have it forward to the forums such as forums.e2macpets.com which I can aid you with if u have the support for it.
I will be eventually making like a generic one in the future with special policies in place on its usage. But for now, that's how we are working things.

----------------------------------------------------

Yes I told him strait up I didn’t like what he did, and tried to remain civilized and over look this. Well he wanted to dispute this yet future with me. Fair enough. I have no problem with that. But he stopped talking to me and that’s where mine and his convo’s ended. But he did go on to bad mouth me with the other admin. So who knows who else he has bad mouthed me to at that point.
I wanted to ban him right then. I figured I’ll give him three strikes. And he’s on his first one.
So anyways I was discussing this whole deal with the other admin when I was notified about a post that one on the forum. Some how I missed it. I was doing administration stuff so this may have been why I never need it lit up. Anyways I moved a topic http://www.geckonetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=561 to the photo section. No biggy. I didn’t think anything of it. Standard policy procedure. But the post I was made aware of was this one http://www.geckonetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=573 but it dealt in regards of the first one. Apparently my member posted a comment in concern to her post being moved. Fair enough. I can understand she was upset. I was even in the process of writing a message about moving post before I was aware of this to address these concerns. Their seemed like a few lately that had to be moved. But anyways Steve posted in response to here which was quite rude I thought, very un called for and abusive. Hey a few others felt it was harsh as well. And this is obviously in retaliation to the ordeal a number of days before. But I sure am not going to tolerate him being abusive to my members because he can’t have his way to let his friends post as they please. I am trying to run a quality board here.
I normally wouldn’t have replied publicly, but because of the circumstances I did. I also had to message this member by email a little more formally as well to address this concern. Unlike some other forums I been to (this does not include KS, because they have handled my calls for help in the past), I try to make things right and care about my visitors even though I don’t get a change to help them all the time anymore with all their concerns about gecko care. But it was obvious this member was quite upset. Steve acted very inappropriately. So I responded both publicly and personally.
Anyways I finished my message and added some to the bottom about it cause of this deal. But now Steve was on strike two.
Anyways apparently Steve went off yelling about me to a other moderator. I’m still waiting to here what was all said. But do know he said something about the letter I wrote to the person I sent a email to addressing the event concern and their post. But like I said I don’t know everything that was said, but do know it supposedly were attacks to me and it was shown around to others that were supposedly laughing about it. But I do not know if his statements were even true or just his fabrications. But this is the type of person Steve is. He seems to enjoy targeting people to boost himself in the eyes of others. So he will say crap behind your back.
Well then I decide, you know, he’s a member here and does talk some crap, lets see what is said. Sure enough I found this topic. Actually it was just his first post. But that was enough. He also knows better then to post messages out of the private section that is a moderators section only. Now I don’t have nothing to really hide about it but the fact it was not intended for public. I did state in their why I was a little hot tempered too. I tried to not remain names, but its kind of obvious to see what’s going on when I have to say something publicly. But I did my best to not name name’s even though this was kind of pointless. But this was his last strike. Now you see why I sent him the last messages

dafly_23: you are now stripped of all ranks and now banned, congradulations
acebeck: it's spelled "Congratulations," and thank you
dafly_23: you are also in violation of my copyrights. You know damn well nothing is possose to come out of the moderators forums

Heck, he even still was persistent to be a smartars about it. He thinks this is just some big game.
As you can see my frustration with this member. But now its all out for everyone too see. I knew it eventually would be, but was just a matter of time. But his game s done with me. And oh btw, it was just convenient on his half for his new website. I’m assuming he was planning on opening new forums or chat to compete wit me or something. Who knows. All’s I know is it was a rough number of months to have to watch my back from him. And am actually kind of glad it’s off my chest as I was always the one that would expose the trolls and such. Their was a member that didn’t understand quite why I had such a hush, hush reasoning about this whole deal a number of months ago, now they can fully understand why and I thank them for their patience.
But I will not tolerate the abuse to my members on my forum. Especially my a moderator, someone whom I chose to protect the forum from these issues.
Sorry for the lengh everyone, I see its nine pages, yikes.
Best regards,
Mario Stinso

Old 02-11-2003, 03:52 AM   #18
Mario
I aapologiize if I have left anything out or such. jest let me know if its importent. But this was quite long and I had to take some messeges as durring it.

Old 02-11-2003, 04:39 AM   #19
Mario
Whoops almost forgot the most inportent part. The last part on his first post. This is the one thats gonna frame me.
But I changed my signature so you will never know
Actually I didnt noticie it either untill he brought it up. But it was If you can't join them, then beat them.
This has been one of my favorie quotes as well. And after passing up a certain site in the ranks a few day's ago I finaly activated my signiture and used it. It was perfectly suited for the moment. And but who knows, maybe it was in my had from visiting here, who knows. But I guess that was so importent to attack me on, shhh. I changed it to something more fitting since that now bothers him too. hehe.
Mario

Old 02-11-2003, 01:05 PM   #20
E2MacPets
Quote:
Originally posted by Mario
That priest thing about rapping little children, wow you really gave it to them good didn’t you.

Then he going on about stuff being a priest and likening little boys.

I have a headache from attempting to interpret Mario's comments. I just wanted to pull out those two lines. I'm not sure how I want to address them or if they really even deserve the recognition I am giving them now.

Religion never should have come into play here. I do not keep the fact that I do not follow a judeo-christian faith a secret. In fact in my faith I would indeed be considered a member of Clergy. Last year I also was the cofacilitator of a religious youth group. How this translates into my molesting young boys, I can only assume stems from prejudice.

Is this why I was banned? Probably not. But good luck figuring it out from Mario's post. As far as I can tell I have been accused of trolling because I make posts that are intelligent enough to be controversial ("I don’t like how crafty he can be with his words a times") in Mario's mind.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread