upstate exotics (good people) - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-05-2003, 01:04 PM   #71
Chris@TSE
So?

You're still proven liars and thieves.

Who's going to believe a single word of anything you say?

Nobody with simple logical intelligence, and that's a fact. I'd take their word over yours any day of the week, and i'm sure we're all anxious to hear what elitereptiles has to say about this. I am also sure anyone who now knows the truth about the way you conduct business will agree you simply cannot be trusted. We personally had thoguht of conducting business with your company on NUMEROUS occasions but decided not to bother considering I am personally not willing to risk anything we've worked for with a company that has been proven untrustworthly. You flat out lie, disrespect the very people you've cheated, and deny responsibility until you ABSOLUTLEY have too. And even then you cannot make ammends. Havent you noticed that you can keep replying to everyones accusations, threads, and comments and the novelty has worn off? Does anyone listen? Does anyone beleive you? Anyone that matters other than unsuspecting or uneducated customers blind to recent events? Doubtfully. You're better off saving as much face as you can and simply disappearing. All that people continue to see from every simple little action of yours, good or bad, is basically causing "more harm than good." Especially for you.

That should be blatantly obvious by now. It's also very obvious everything you continue to say or do is going to be exposed for exactly what it is. As long as you conitnue to contribute to these efforts keeping you "in the spotlight" every little screw up and mishap is going to be brought back to smack you upside the head..... over and over and over again. You act like a lemming, obliviously making your situation worse and sealing your own fate. Seems rather silly dosent it?

Even smart liars and criminals know its better to disappear and try again when the waters have settled. You remind me of that kid the other day who tried working people over with a few scams that failed for a het ball python. The rocket scientist turned around and tried working a new scam for the exact same snake stating it was an entirley different snake while using the very same email address, but simply changed his "alias". In your situation its quite similar. Your still upstate exotics, proven liars, the only difference is you're currently singing a different tune and making no attempts to remdy any situations. For christs sake you couldent even refund tonys money, the BANK had to come and take it. You havent made any efforts to make any type of formal apology to anyone except for a few words here and there. Nothing concrete, nothing worth the aggrivation you have put people through.

I would think you would atleast try to gain the respect of those who no longer trust you. People screw up, mistakes are made, but redemption is there for everyone if they truley want it. Seems like you're not worried about any of that, only your quick dollar.

The trend has been set that you are simply no longer trusted in the community. Bottom line. Therefore you will continue to feed off of the uneducated and ignorant while you continue to whore yourselves on site after site trying to obtain a larger customer base to make up for the business you have lost from the majority of the reputable community.

Personally we may be rather new to bringing our business to the online scene but I've learned one simple thing. And this is something I learned long before finding the BOI or targeting business online....

You don't do business with theives and liars.

Take this how you will, I've said my peace. These events are very unfortunate, if you were reputable we would have done business. You present yourselves well, but the truth cannot be hidden. The future is up to you.

Old 09-05-2003, 01:05 PM   #72
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Unfortunately neither Upstate's or Elite's posts on KS will remain for long. Those post violate the TOS for that site in quite a few categories.

Old 09-05-2003, 01:07 PM   #73
dself40
What is weird look at both adds on Ks there wording is almost the same they did change the name though.Looks kinda funny two posts that are feuding but the wording is almost the same....Smells Fishy to me...

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=32&de=137448

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=32&de=137498

But that is just my 2 cents worth.Not that I account for anything like Upstate has said in the past they dont need my buisness.lol...and thats good cause they will never see a dime of my hard earned cash.

Old 09-05-2003, 01:34 PM   #74
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Dusty,

Isn't it obvious, Upstate did not even have enough intelligence to make up their own post and use their own wording. They had to copy the person that are trying to complain about.

Old 09-05-2003, 01:48 PM   #75
dself40
Rob

Quote:
Isn't it obvious, Upstate did not even have enough intelligence to make up their own post and use their own wording. They had to copy the person that are trying to complain about.

Thats kind what I had on my mind also..I wasnt trying to put down Elite Reptiles..After all of what I have read here on the BOI about upstate and how they have lied,cheated and stolen from folks I just find if very amuzing when they pull stunts like they just did on KS.I have kept my mouth shut about this for a longtime.But they have put the HONEST people down all the time.And thats makes it very hard on the GOOD people in the reptile world.But I will hush about them cause I could go on and on about how they put down folks that have never bought anything from them and I never will .

Old 09-05-2003, 10:35 PM   #76
justanja
Angry Just for the record here from Elite Reptile

Just to set some things straight here. My fiance, James Cartee and myself are the new managers of Elite Reptile Co. in Greenville, SC. We have been here about two weeks now. I have personally seen the emails to and from Ken and Sal/Alison and the paypal account that the owner, Ken Yates, uses and I can say without a doubt that some things Alison has said are completely wrong.

For one, Ken Yates DOES own the domain www.elitereptile.com I have seen the credit card bill with the purchase on it to NameCheap.com dated 7/3/03. The only thing we have tried to do is gain control of the domain so that we would put our own site up on it, not the one Alison made. Alison registered this domain in her own name unknowingly to Ken using Ken's credit card. He ASSUMED the domain name he had purchased was in his own name.

Ken is relatively new to the herp world and decided to open this business because of his love for the animals. He has a few other very successful businesses and this one is just an extra. He does NOT need the money from this to live quite comfortably as he already does. He is not a con, ripoff, liar or cheat. He just doesnt have to be or need to be.

When this whole "partnership" started months ago Ken fronted the money for a $9000 order and Sal agreed to house the animals until Ken had the facility here ready. When these animals were shipped to us here they were either dead or dying. We came in and did a complete inventory and there are SEVERAL animals missing. Sal/Alison claim these are the sick/dying animals and non-feeders that they are keeping there. I wont get into the money issues as far as the partnership is concerned but we are missing a ton of animals and it seems the ones pictured in Sal/Alison's ads on k.com are cherry picked animals and what we received were the culls. They wont ship us any of the animals as Ken has asked them to, if they are non-feeders/sick/dying send them on, we just want to see the animals for ourselves. All total there are probably $5000 or more worth of animals missing that Ken paid for to begin with. This is why he has refused to pay the $1500 for Alison building the website. Ken even agreed to let the whole thing blow over and call it even if we could just have control of the domain name purchased by Elite Reptile/Ken Yates but Alison is saying that she keeps Upstate and Moonlit Media seperate and that the animal deal is Sal's deal. Seems all email correspondence from Upstate comes from Alison not Sal. Ken has emails to back up everything I am saying here and anyone is more than welcome to call and discuss the matter. (Ken is more than willing to forward any of these emails to anyone interested)
Shop # 864-288-9199 My Cell # 864-386-0543.

I was not going to bring the money into this ordeal when I posted the ad this morning stating we were no longer affiliated with Upstate Exotics but Alison did. I spoke with k.com and removed my ads myself and asked that Alison's ads be removed for violation of TOS.

Ken made a mistake, we would like for that to not be held against us. We are an honest company with family values. I've made quite a few sales since signing on with the company and everyone has been very satisfied so far. I WILL NOT sell unhealthy or dying animals. I have been a herp hobbyist/reptile keeper at privately owned facilties/breeder for many years now and I would not have put my reputation on the line if I felt this company was not above board. There are several animals that we have put in the freezer from the shipment we did receive from Sal/Alison and there are several more that we are trying desperately to save.

I can and will provide professional/zoo references for anyone interested.

Sincerely,
Anja D. Buffalo
Elite Reptile Co.
Greenville, SC
864-288-9199

Old 09-05-2003, 10:56 PM   #77
dwedeking
Unfortunately for you the domain is registered under Alison's name. You might have some luck contesting the charges via your credit card but this could open up a whole legal battle w/ Upstate/Moonlight Media/Herpads.net/EnclosureByDesign/etc etc about proper payment.

It's early enough in the game for you to register a different domain name, distance yourself as far as possible (proverbial 10' pole) from Upstate/Moonlight Media/Herpads.net/EnclosureByDesign etc etc and build a solid company. Don't be too harsh on yourself as your not the only one taken by this website development firm and there are others out there trying to get control of their rightful domains.

Old 09-05-2003, 10:57 PM   #78
Stardust
WOW, if this is true, Sal and Alison are hitting the big time in the top ten most bad guys list!!
That is some serious money, hope there was a contract or something with this.

Old 09-05-2003, 11:25 PM   #79
DThomas
Quote:
Originally posted by dwedeking
Unfortunately for you the domain is registered under Alison's name. You might have some luck contesting the charges via your credit card but this could open up a whole legal battle w/ Upstate/Moonlight Media/Herpads.net/EnclosureByDesign/etc etc about proper payment.
They just need to do the same thing Tony did. Contest it for non-delivery of goods. They paid for a domain, their credit card was used to pay for it, but Alison has kept it in her name. That's non-delivery. She has not provided what was paid for. Unfortunately, it will probably take a few months for the charge back because we all know Alison's track record for refunds, she doesn't.

And why is not surprising that yet again there is another complaint about sick and dieing animals? One complaint could be perceived as an isolated incident but there have been way too many people complaing about this. Substandard company, selling substandard animals looking for the quick buck. No matter whom or what animal is trampled in the process.

Old 09-06-2003, 12:11 AM   #80
Dragondad
As the world turns

Gee I go to work for a couple of days and dont read the threads and look at what happens. I was interesting after my post of a couple of days ago I kept asking myself how long would it take for there to be no "bad guy" post about Upstate for me to be able to feel comfortable to buy and animal. I never even got to figure it out and something new comes in

I guess the old saying about "spots on a leapard" comes true.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!