Trade went very bad...need advise - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-13-2002, 01:28 PM   #1
k-9
Trade went very bad...need advise

hello everyone...ok. The trade i did was with Gavin Alexander Hammock, company name MPI exotics, address is Citris hts CA. but when the package got here the name Erin hamock was on the packing slip.
OK i trade him 1.1 albino burms , 0.2 het for albino burms and 1.1 sulcatta torts for 0.4 breeder blizzards and 0.3 juvie blizzards. I talked to him on the phone and he sounded like a straight up person, so i decided i would ship with him at the same time ( i know neil STUPID thinking of me), well i got the lizards in and two are dead one from being mashed in between the lid and the container of a tupperware bowl the other from cold and starvation. All geckos are being starved and dehydratied. The breeder females are all at least 8 inches long and range from 12gm to 20 gms and the juvies are 5.5 inches and weight 6 and 7 gms..as soon as i saw this i called airborne and have my shipment stopped and sent back to me . I have told Gavin i will feed and water these geckos till monday then ship them back to him, if i ship now they will all die before they get there and i can't feel good about doing that i feel i should do right by the geckos...someone has to treat them right..i can't believe people let animals get in this kind of shape...i don't know how to put pics up on here but if anyone wants to see pics of them, i have taken detailed pics of everyone of them, let me know your e-mail
do you guys think i'm doing the right thing ?? let me know
Thanks David Pollard

Old 11-13-2002, 01:58 PM   #2
gila7150
Sounds ok to me but I have a couple questions...
1. What is he saying? Is he trying to claim they were in good condition or does he want them shipped back immediately? In other words, does he have a problem with what you are planning to do?
2. Did Airborne send your snakes back to you? If they were shipped at the same time, how were you able to get your animals sent back after you received your shipment?
If he represented them to you as healthy and they are clearly not, I think you're doing the right thing. Although, I would try to get his permission to "rehab" his geckos before sending them back because they still technically belong to him (since you backed out on the trade).
It's nice of you to care about their health before shipping them back...obviously keep these guys quarantined from the rest of your collection while they are in your care.
Good luck,
Chris

Old 11-13-2002, 02:07 PM   #3
k-9
ok...he has not repleyed to me about this yet..it just happened this morning...i got them in about 9:30 am i live in SC so it was about 6:30 am his time in CA..so my shipment was still at airborne's warehouse...yes the pic he had up showed a very nice white fat blizzard gecko, nothing like what he sent me
David Pollard

Old 11-13-2002, 02:28 PM   #4
Neil Gubitz
David.... I guess I don't have to say much, huh?? Lesson LEARNED, maybe???

David, please stop writing in one word sentences?? You still haven't conveyed if you were able to get your animals back from Airborne, or not??

Personally, if these sick animals were sent to me??? I would, not only, stop the shipment I sent to him (like you hopefully WERE able to do), but, I would rehab them first, and then I would KEEP A PAIR for him trying to rip me off, and send him back the rest ON HIS TICKET!! I hate people like that! Keeping a pair is a good way to "punish" him! IMHO, it IS fair, it IS moral, it IS ethical, and he IS a bad guy!

....Neil

Old 11-13-2002, 02:47 PM   #5
gila7150
Neil makes a good point. You should not be responsible for the cost of shipping the geckos back to him. I assume that Airborne will charge you again to ship your snakes back to you so you've already paid shipping twice.
Let him pay shipping twice too since it was his dishonesty that made the deal go bad.

Way to go for contacting Airborne so quickly. I'm pretty sure you would have lost your animals for good if you hadn't. Now you have his animals...it's nice to see someone get the bad guy by the balls for once.
Chris Raden

Old 11-13-2002, 03:03 PM   #6
John Apple
Thumbs down

David
I'll agree with Neil's anger on the matter, not necessarily his methods
I would rehab all the animals , and then send ALL back. Remember what mommy said 'two wrongs don't make a right'
If you were to keep any of his animals while receiving yours back, in my opinion you would be just as bad.[no offence Neil]Then this deal would be a bad deal on two parts. Do the right thing send MPI their animals back freight collect and let the members of the board make conclusions of their own.[ i.e. mpi bad..bad]
You and only you will come out shining in this matter

Old 11-13-2002, 03:12 PM   #7
Therm
http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=32&de=29901

Check this out.

Justin Higgs
ECTOTHERMZ...

Ohh I live in Davis CA which is very close to Sac. if needed get in contact with me.

Old 11-13-2002, 03:54 PM   #8
drizzt_19
now isnt that funny

MPI posted an ad asking people to let them know if they have had any bad deals and who they were with.Then they do this to David.sounds like the pot coloring the kettle black to me.David i agree with John in that when you get the animals rehabilated enough for shipment. I would send them all back,(no offence Neil)to MPI with freight collect. Then there is only one bad guuy instead of two. Just my 0.02

Old 11-13-2002, 04:19 PM   #9
John Apple
Thumbs down Rediculous

Hey MPI
what's the beef, I read your pathetic paragraph .
What I see happening is you getting responces to your 'inquirie' on Kingsnake, and then when you get enough support or responces,.,.,. you try and trash David as one of your deals gone bad
the way it sounds is that you feel slighted, well SO WHAT, If you were on the up and up with the deal to begin with this whole thread would not be here and there would be two happy customers
better yet when you marshall enough support in your pathetic paragraph why don't you show everybody that you talk to this thread!!!!!

yes can we say BUYER BEWARE on MPI
sure as hell can

Old 11-13-2002, 04:28 PM   #10
Neil Gubitz
Oh, what a bunch of politically correct wusses.... You're DARN RIGHT I would keep a pair as PUNISHMENT! When you try to screw someone, there should be consequences to be paid! That's what FINES, LEVIES, and MORE JAIL TIME are all about!
There are going to be times when, no matter how NICE OF A GUY you are.... you've GOT TO stand up for yourself, so, maybe, someone else won't try this to you in the future! That's why a lot of States have the Death penalty! Sorry, guys, but, that's the sort of crap that should NOT be tolerated without "something" being done, and not just posting about it!

And, you're correct! As I've said....

TWO WRONGS *DON'T* MAKE A RIGHT!....
but three rights make a left!.... lol

....Neil

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!