Trade went very bad...need advise - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-14-2002, 08:33 AM   #71
k-9
Aaron...i don't know where your getting your info from, you must not have read any of my post . I'm not trying to get anything for nothing, i wrote clearly that i was not going to keep any of these geckos and no where can you find that i said or asked you could i keep them...you stated that what i wanted for shipping was almost what you paid for the geckos, no where can you find where i asked you to pay for my shipping!!! By the way if all you paid was almost 150 for 7 blizzard geckos ,think about it, you got them cheap b/c the shape they are in..everyone knows blizzards are not that cheap....if you paid 200 for them that would be about 28 dollars a piece....who would sell good health blizzards that cheap??
you need to admit you have my snakes and they didn't send them back to me
no where on here can you find where i wrote i didn't call and try to stop shipment...i did call but it didn't work...i made it very clear i called to stop shipment
I'm sure you have had alot of good trasactions, i'm not complaining about the trasaction you shipped them to me ...my complaint is the shape they are in
You say you want to fix this and i'm the only one that can do that, your wrong , your the only one that can fix it...you need to ship my snakes back to me and i'll ship your geckos back to you
Kelli.. i love your geckos , they look awsome
David Pollard

Old 11-14-2002, 08:48 AM   #72
Ken Harbart
Quote:
I am going to try to appeal to your since of decency. There is no need for this. I feel you are using this forum to get something for nothing. Maybe you really want to keep the bigger geckos, and are trying to force my hand a little. You made it sound like all the animals I sent you were on deaths door when in fact
There is not a single healthy gecko in that picture. The fact of the matter is, that picture shows seven severely neglected leopard geckos. That they were allowed to deteriorate to that condition is just plain disgusting! That they were represented as healthy, and shipped is just as bad.

Quote:
Lets all forget about the countless transactions that went well, and just focus on this one that fell apart seems to be some people’s attitude.
None of your other transactions have any bearing on the matter at hand. I could care less if your past transactions went well, this one stinks to high heaven!

I could just see it now...
Winona Ryder's lawyer: Ladies & gentlemen of the jury, let's forget for a moment that my client shoplifted. Keep in mind that evry other time she went shopping, she paid for her merchandise. Surely, that's reason enough to excuse her behavior now, is it not?

Old 11-14-2002, 08:51 AM   #73
Seamus Haley
Quote:
no where on here can you find where i wrote i didn't call and try to stop shipment...i did call but it didn't work.
From your first post...

Quote:
as soon as i saw this i called airborne and have my shipment stopped and sent back to me .
Sounds like you had it sent back. Possibly just bad wording but that's the impression it gives.

Old 11-14-2002, 09:14 AM   #74
gila7150
The tracking # for David's shipment clearly shows that the package was attempted to be delivered a little after 1pm but noone was home to sign for it.
The package was then redelivered at 5:19pm and signed for by G. Hammock. The whole story about the stopping shipment is irrelevant at this point because both packages were delivered to each party.
The fact that MPI Exotics still has not admitted to receiving the snakes stinks to high heaven.

Let's face it, the geckos looked terrible but if MPI had come on her and immediately accepted blame and did the right thing they would have salvaged atleast an ounce of respect.
What's even worse than the appearance of the geckos is how Aaron comes on here whining about everyone picking on him and then proceeds to make the victim look like the bad guy.

Ok, I've heard both stories now....MPI Exotics are skeleton peddling "Bad Guys"!

Chris

Old 11-14-2002, 09:19 AM   #75
kim felts
how about we start with getting that crap off kingsnake about trades..it doesnt belong with for sale adds and is against the terms of service.
hello? that alone is enough to spur me to cast the first stone on mpi exotice or whatever their name is..
its so unprofessional and rude.

Old 11-14-2002, 09:23 AM   #76
gila7150
I agree Kim but obviously he's too stupid to follow rules. He's already started a seperate thread here to defend himself. and I don't think he's signed his full name to a single post.

...nice geckos by the way
Chris raden

Old 11-14-2002, 09:29 AM   #77
k-9
Hey ..i would be glad to answer your questions

1- deal was for 0.3 breeder blizzards and 0.4 juvie blizzards for my 1.1 albino burms, 0.2 het albino burms and 1.1 sulcatta torts..then Aaron told me one of the juvies was skinny and sick,so he didn't have another one so he replaced it with a breeder, so that makes the count 0.4 breeders and 0.3 juvies...same number of geckos we started with

2- yes when i got the geckos in after seeing their condition i called and stop shipment

3- i called airborne at 10:30 my time to stop shipment--i live in SC..i asked them to stop shipment and return it to me

4- i got the geckos delivered to me at 9:30 my time SC and by airbornes website, the tracking number i have they did in deed deliver my snakes to Aaron at 5:19pm..instead of stopping shipment..tracking #9983186194..Aaron has yet to say he got them

5--yes the pic of the seven is the ones i got from him..i only own 6 other geckos none which are blizzards

6-you stated i quote"" I'm keeping them because you tried to send me sick animals or they need better care"...you did not read that in any of my post . i never said i would keep them.. i've been saying through this whole post they will be sent back..that was misread on your part

7-two were doa. here are the e-mails i sent

> > > >To: "gavin alexander" <mpi_rs@hotmail.com>
> > > >Subject: Re: Message about: Blizzard Lizzard Adult Breeders
> > > >Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:11:53 -0500
> > > >
> > > >hey ...i got the geckos in but two are dead..one had its face pressed
> >in
> > > >the
> > > >top and the other die from cold and being skinny i guess ..but i did
> >take
> > > >pics so you could see them
> > > >David

> >To: "gavin alexander" <mpi_rs@hotmail.com>
> >Subject: Re: Message about: Blizzard Lizard Adult Breeders
> >Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 12:58:52 -0500
> >
> >ok...i'm very unhappy with this trade..the breeder females and the juvies
> >are very unhealthy animals...they are very thin and dehydratied..i have
> >weighted everyone of them and its awful...two are dead when they come in
> >and
> >the others will die within a few days probible...the breeders weights are
> >20, 21, 17, 12 grams..for the length and size of these all four should be
> >well over 40 grams each and the juvie thats still alive weights 6
grams...i
> >took very detailed pics of each and can send them to you...i have juvie
> >that
> >are i inches smaller than the ones you sent me and they are weighting 17
> >grams and only 4.5 inches...all of these have not been taken care of
> >right...i will be shipping all of these back to you and expect you to do
> >the
> >same with my snakes....if you want any pics for proof let me know and
i'll
> >send them to you
> >David

8-the animals were shipped as blizzards

9- i never stated that Aaron was a bad guy ..i only stated that these geckos shouldn't have gotten in this shape and then shipped out...any animal lover has to agree with that

10-- you are wrong , i have not threatened in any of my post to keep the animals till it is resolved...MPI does have my snakes according to airborne, be he won't admit it yet...
David Pollard

Old 11-14-2002, 09:37 AM   #78
Seamus Haley
Thank you David, you have cleared up a great deal for me.

Old 11-14-2002, 09:42 AM   #79
kim felts
doesnt the pic say a 1000 words?
yikes..what a joke.
i would have a heart attack if i got those geckos here.
i also received a snake recently from sacramento that looked like a leftover from auchwitz.
geesh..the pic on kingsnake was an old pic..this thing is rail thin and scares me to look at it..all for 400 with shipping.
then the guy has the nerve to ask me for the paypals charge.
whats up with these people?
oh let me add..its a male versus a female that i received..
same exact situation..same exact city of sender.
maybe they are having a drought on feed..oh my bad..thats right you can buy feed online..
gee..whats the excuse? it looks ok to me?starving animals is the biggest no no of them all.
not cool.

Old 11-14-2002, 10:58 AM   #80
Pennebaker
Just so everyone knows... from what I understand, there was a very severe strain of coccidia that went around the leopard gecko market this year and ruined a lot of collections. These look like geckos suffering from that same affliction. Were they dump offs? To cut losses? These leos look pretty far down the line. Even the ones that have a little tail look well on their way.
I agree that this could have been handled differently, but I would be pretty upset to have received lizards in this condition, and would have potentially flown off the handle a bit too.
Just keep these guys quarantined big time--even the "healthier" ones.
And I'd get any remaining leos in the collection checked out and treated.
Dana

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!