BOI Ad Search Function - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:10 AM   #1
Focal
BOI Ad Search Function

This morning I was using the newly added BOI search button that can be found at the bottom of the ad, and it resulted in 'No Results' on the seller.

Come to find out in a deeper search, the seller did have a bad guy thread.

The problem was the OP spelled the name wrong (added a space between two words), however, I added the correct spelling when I inquired in a post. I went back and used the BOI button and the bad guy thread did not pop up even though the correct name was added to the thread. This is when I noticed the BOI button only searches thread titles. I switched it to search 'entire posts' and BAM, it popped up.

So my point is, what I have noticed since I've been here, is a lot of mistakes are made when a BOI thread is created and are often corrected in the following posts.

Would it be better to search the 'entire post' rather than 'titles only?' I understand this may cause additional threads that might not pertain to the person being searched, but it could surface details or unethical actions that this person may have been involved in within a thread not titled for them.

Just a suggestion.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:30 AM   #2
WebSlave
My suggestion would be that people need to take their time and adequate care to spell the name of the person they are writing about within the BOI.

A search of every post within a thread would take a LOT longer to accomplish and put a much greater load on the server.

Sorry, but I'm not going to make everyone else suffer with site slowness (more than it is) by trying to make allowances for for others' lack of attention to detail.

Honestly, I would think that if someone were interested in posting in the BOI about someone, they would make darn sure they at least spelled the name correctly..... Otherwise the search engine spiders aren't going to pick up the correct name neither when someone else uses those sites to look for someone.

For legal reasons, staff cannot go back and edit the text for anyone.

Old 11-25-2011, 11:40 AM   #3
Lucille
I am probably guilty of a similar error, but when I tried to bring up a thread by clicking the BOI icon in a roach seller's ad today, nothing came up.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!