Too many sub-forums! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:44 PM   #11
Lucille
There ARE forums here that are not high traffic but are valuable nonetheless. There is a 'use not or lose it' philosophy, if something isn't used at all most likely it will be retired.

One way to increase the traffic of a favored forum is to post interesting stuff. This site, and any site, are pretty much what you make them.

If I visited your home I would not tell you that you did not entertain me sufficiently (if that were the case) I would simply not return. I'm sure there are places more to your liking.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:54 PM   #12
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salzy View Post
What's the difference? Isn't that what this specific forum is for? My point is that she laid out what she felt, and you are jumping down her throat about it. Perhaps she is making too quick of assumptions, but it's an opinion and if others share the same thoughts, then so be it. It's a Feedback forum right? Do you and the other moderators and admins want feedback or not? I'm assuming that if people get responses like yours, then maybe this site isn't willing to make changes and listen to the "common" person.
Kyle, my post to her was straightforward to her complaint of waiting a day to get responses and to maybe reevaluate her opinion based on the day she registered.

Pointing that out isn't a bad thing.
Also, to let her know she has had responses to her questions and statements. I also welcomed her on another thread. It has nothing to do with not wanting feedback but correcting the statements that are wrong and adding another perception.

Yes, feedback is wanted but some statements were inaccurate and there is nothing wrong with pointing it out as well.

Welcome to the site, Lindsey.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:58 PM   #13
JColt
Well at least she got Dennis to respond to her! lol. As far as what she is saying, It can be a bit over whelming for a first time user to see all the subforms. After awhile Wilderness you don't even notice it. I go right into the forums I like and really don't even pay attention to the others unless I'm looking for some thing I don't normally read up on.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:59 PM   #14
Mistyck
You're moaning and groaning about this forum for what reason? It's been 1 day since you've joined and you're going to gripe about the traffic, especially on a holiday? Sorry but that just seems a bit absurd to me.

Maybe you'll amaze me with what you'll post about, but you're dredging up old threads and wanting responses on classifieds, (where most people can't respond anyway)...and when that doesn't happen, you moan about it?

Sorry, But I agree with Dennis on this one...

Old 01-01-2012, 06:40 PM   #15
redlizard5
Her point has been shown to be valid . Lets not be so harsh for her going about it the correct way.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #16
hhmoore
Yes, there are a lot of subforums...many of them by request of the members.
It can be somewhat overwhelming if somebody is new to online forums (or fora, if anyone prefers that term); but many people do appreciate the specificity.
Smaller sites do tend to get relatively quick responses to just about any thread posted....from a small group of devotees that want to make sure people aren't left hanging. I've never been much for that approach. When I come online, I first hit my User CP - check my subscribed threads and PMs; then, I scan New Posts for things that interest me OR that I think I should take a look at as a moderator; then, if depending on how much time I have, I start reviewing random sections for minor infractions.
What I don't do is reply to Welcome Room posts, posts in categories about which I have limited (if any) knowledge, or posts to 10 year old threads....which pretty much describes Lindsey's efforts today (prior to this thread).

Things were slow here today - not unexpected on a holiday weekend, especially "the morning after", lol. Many of us are not overly inclined to respond to things just for the sake of responding, but there are usually plenty of people willing to reach out & do just that...sometimes it takes a while even in the high traffic areas. When posting about specialty issues, one is less likely to get a prompt response (at least one that would be considered helpful

Old 01-01-2012, 09:45 PM   #17
~Just Curious~
Sorry, but I more or less agree with Dennis on this one. You haven't even given it a day really and it is the new year, so most folks are out doing things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
I leave a message in the morning and sit and stare at it forever and I don't see a reply until I wake up the next day.
Just seems kinda silly to me to expect instant replies... There is a chat room up at the top for that sort of thing I believe, but again - not as many people on today.

Personally I've found this to be one of my favorite reptile forums. The others usually have less traffic or have more spammers. Or I have found some that are really bustling when they first start out with the same people, which can be comfortable and fun, but then they tend to die down after a few months.

So just in my opinion, this is one of the better ones. You said you came here to learn, so I'd give it a real chance first. There's some really nice and knowledgeable folks here.

As for all the sub-forums, it does take some getting used to. I just joined earlier this year (or last year now I suppose) and I know I was a bit overwhelmed at first too since I was mostly a beginner to herps and forums. As with everything it takes some tinkering, but I don't think it's so bad. They have to cover a whole bunch of stuff. You said other "animal" forums were better and earlier you mentioned just joining a horse website. I imagine there'd be a lot less sections around just one species. There are some sections on here that I know I won't use or look at, so I just don't. But I know other people frequent those and vice versa. Gotta keep everyone happy and it's easier for people to ignore ones they don't need than to go without ones they do.

Good luck! Hope you'll give it another shot~

P.S. Honestly I think you're communicating with people here now.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:47 PM   #18
Dennis Hultman
I've been waiting on another post from the OP but it looks like we aren't going to get it.

Well here is the thing folks (Kyle), The user is bogus. This person is Adam Boots Known as "HiddenHollowHerp".

He has a personality disorder and I didn't fall for this garbage.

This person joined less than 24 hrs ago stating that a friend steered "her" towards this site but that he refuses to come here anymore. Who steers a friend to a site that they refuse to come to? Then state they will not tell you why. It's BS.

Adam last posts here was a bogus feedback post as well.

You tell me who joins a site and within a few hours tells the site that they have a whole lot of useless forums? Exaggerate about response times to posts. It's a bogus thread and that's why I looked into it.

He forgot a few things though. If you are going to state you are from the exact same place as another "friend" and have the exact same animals of interest in both welcome threads under different names, use the same verbage, you should at least change the date of birth in your made up profile.

I mean how many people can live in the same town with only one gas station, one hardware store and nothing else, interested in the exact same animals and born on the same day and month?

Next time give me a little time to do my job. This post was nothing more than designed to harm this site.

Attached Images

Old 01-01-2012, 09:51 PM   #19
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salzy View Post
This isn't the BOI Dennis...I don't think you needed to research into this new user and point these things out.
I will be the judge of that with Rich's oversight of course.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #20
radera5
NicE!! I like it

Good luck ms.boots...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!