Juvenile Female Veiled - Random Egg? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-16-2014, 11:43 AM   #1
CombatWombat
Question Juvenile Female Veiled - Random Egg?

I already posted this in Chameleon Forums but I'm hoping that maybe you all can help as well.

I'm relatively new to Fauna too, usually just use it for BOI when buying from local shows to make sure who I'm buying from can be trusted.

I am relatively new to the world of chameleons seeing that they officially became legal here back in January. Absolutely fell in love with them as someone who keeps ball pythons as well and own an adult Melleri chameleon who might just be the love of my life.

Anyway, my real question is about a juvenile veiled female ( 5 months old) who I recently acquired. I had gotten her off someone who was moving and couldn't bring any pets with them. She was showing mild signs of MBD when I picked her up and this was confirmed by a vet visit (double confirmed by my fiance who is a vet tech). This was back in May of this year. She has been doing quite well in her set up but had gotten incredibly fat (or so I thought), even provided her a half potting soil, half eco mix to dig in at the bottom of her enclosure if the need ever became of her. So yesterday. When I went to go turn the monsoon on, I was surprised to find an egg. Which I did candle and see an embryo in. This egg is currently incubating at 74 degrees.

I'm not quite sure what to do, I've been reading up on caring for pregnant chameleons but I'm just very concerned seeing she is so young and has MBD even if it's mild. Any advice would be greatly appreciated for this novice keeper.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:11 PM   #2
CombatWombat
I was just updated by fiance who just woke up (he gets up later than I do on Wednesday so he sent me this update when he went to turn on the lights)

51 eggs. All in perfect condition.

Old 09-04-2014, 01:43 PM   #3
CombatWombat
So it's been 2 months since Penelope laid her mystery clutch and I'm sad to report that all the eggs are infertile.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
egg laying, veiled chameleons