Can a Texas indigo be kept at a constant temp - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-01-2017, 08:16 AM   #1
Croakersoaker
Can a Texas indigo be kept at a constant temp

Can a Texas indigo be kept at a constant temp.? If so what would that be. I understand they like cooler temps than kingsnakes. I keep my snake room at 81-82 degrees. I am getting an indigo and am trying to figure out how to set up my room to accommodate my king snakes and the indigo. Is 81 degrees to hot?any info is appreciated

Old 10-01-2017, 01:11 PM   #2
elena
All snakes and other reptiles require a temperature gradient so they can thermoregulate. Set the temperature of your room to the lowest temp your animals require, and then provide hot spots so they can always choose their temperature. No reptile is "all good" at a constant temp with no gradation.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!