Bad Guy Tony121204/Anthony Pappas is a scammer - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-11-2014, 01:00 PM   #1
texassaddleman
Tony121204/Anthony Pappas is a scammer

On 09/08/14 I sent $1200.00 to k.e.ellis2121@gmail.com which is the Paypal address he gave me, for a pair of adult sulcata. He said he would ship them the next day, I never heard from him the next day, when I contacted him he gave me a story about not havering the right kind of shipping container and after a couple of days he was going to ship them next Monday, this went on for about three weeks, now he won't answer my text or phone calls. I believe these are all just stalling tactics.

Old 10-11-2014, 01:08 PM   #2
radera5
Disgusting!

Do you have pictures or screenshots of your payment and correspondence?

Thank you for the warning and I'm sorry this happened!

Is your paypal hooked to your cc or bank? They may very well help you, especially if it was a cc.

Good luck!

Old 10-11-2014, 04:04 PM   #3
scosta56
I believe if you paid with PayPal and you file a claim you will win. Seller failed to even ship you anything.

Old 10-11-2014, 04:12 PM   #4
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by scosta56 View Post
I believe if you paid with PayPal and you file a claim you will win. Seller failed to even ship you anything.
You only have about 12 days to file. Soon would be good.

Old 10-11-2014, 08:59 PM   #5
texassaddleman
I filed with Paypal but they want do anything because it is live animals no matter what.My pp is backed up with my checking /debit card and they are probably going to make it good. If you ever say live animal you can forget Paypal. And if I had had the money in my pp acct to have paid for it I would have lost my money.

Old 10-11-2014, 09:06 PM   #6
radera5
What a piece of trash...good luck!

Old 10-11-2014, 09:42 PM   #7
jrodreptiles
Post removed - violation of full name rule
hhmoore

Old 10-12-2014, 02:33 AM   #8
KBenker
I had a similar situation not too long ago. Paypal doesn't cover live animals, but just like in your case, the animal was never shipped. I appealed their decision and ended up getting reimbursed, as no shipping had occurred.

Old 10-12-2014, 04:54 AM   #9
Dennis Hultman
This person deleted all of the posts they made in the classifieds stating "scam" as the reason for deletion on most.

Here is the ad they deleted for this transaction.
Attached Images

Old 10-12-2014, 05:47 AM   #10
Durante
I actually was selling a rack here & on Craigslist very recently & he responded. He seemed interested but I kind of was turn off by the delaying to meet, not contacting me through fauna when he had an account, & information with the iphone he used. I like to get as much info before meeting anyone so I usually do a little research online. It's not a huge deal & can probably be explained but when I looked up the number it came up Anthony Pappas not a Kate Ellis. I was able to see his profile on facebook & where he works, etc. It seemed like I had a friend who worked with him at one time from his photo's. I'm guessing I lucked out by not dealing with him. Here is the e-mails we sent back & forth. I blocked out the numbers because I'm not sure of the policy in the BOI but I hope this helps in someway. Feel free to PM me if needed.

Kate Ellis To Me, Sep 30
Hey do you still have rack?
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/pet/4678077524.html

Me To Kate Ellis Me, Sep 30
Yes - I still have it.
The people interested so far wanted me to hold until they were sure that there female's were gravid or couldn't make it to the show & wanted me to ship it which I really rather not do. I am able to meet up if local, I live in Pottstown & work in King of Prussia if your interested. If you have any questions just let me know.

Kate Ellis To Me, Sep 30
Great I'm not to far from you.. Are you interested in any trades at all? If not whats the bottom line price? And when can you meet?

Me To Kate Ellis, Sep 30
I wasn't really looking for any trades & I'm pretty firm on the price just because it's new, never been used or touched by a snake but your free to offer a trade if you think I would be interested, I'm a boa guy if that helps. I work at night so I can probably meet today if you want at some point, just let me know what general area. I should be home around 8:00am, let me know what you had in mind or if you have any questions, need additional photos, or whatever. Also are you have an account on faunaclassifieds or iherp? Thanks, Chris

Kate Ellis To Me, Sep 30
Hey I have many retics,burms,boas and balls I have a female Anery 2013, I have a male hypo 2012 I also have a few albinos but a little more expensive idk if you'd be interested in any snakes?
I can also meet today thanks

Kate Ellis To Me, Sep 30
What thermostat does it have? I'm def highly interested

Doesn't come with a thermostat. It comes exactly like ordered with bins & heat tape already installed, except the bowl I bought which you can have. I would use a herpstat with it though. If your interested give me a general idea of where your located or would want to meet.

Kate Ellis To Me, Sep 30
Would you wanna sell herpstat seperate also? I'm located in Lancaster are but can drive to meet
Were you interested in any trades at all? Or partial trade and cash?
Sent from my iPhone

Your actually a decent ride away. I'm actually going to get some sleep for work tonight but think it over. I rather stay away from the trades & I don't have an extra thermostats to sell but you won't have any trouble finding one. If you have the money & want to meet up tomorrow let send me an email later tonight letting me know when & what time. Also if possible send me a phone number. Thanks

Kate Ellis To Me, Sep 30
Ok that's fine I'll just pay cash 732 720 xxxx
When can you meet

Me To Kate Ellis, Sep 30
Anytime tomorrow after 9;00am, were do you have in mind?

Me To Kate Ellis Oct 1
I called & left a message if still interested let me know, thanks

Kate Ellis To Me, Oct 1
Hey you have a number I can call

Me To Kate Ellis, Oct 1
484624xxxx

Kate Ellis To Me, Oct 5
How much for the rack with the thermostat?

Me To Kate Ellis, Oct 6
We spoke before about this. I even called you at the number you gave me (732720xxxx) & left a message, & then gave you my number which you never called back. I dont have a thermostat to sell with it. I'm pretty sure I already have this sold already to a local guy anyway but if he doesn't show tomorrow or something falls through i will email you & let you know so we can again try to work it out again if your really interested.

Kate Ellis To Me, Oct 6

Yes we did I Appoligize I lost your number, I def want it and can meet Tom I thought you said you could sell a therm for additional but that's fine if he doesn't want it I can pick it up Tom thank you..

Me To Kate Ellis, Oct 7
sorry sold

Kate Ellis To Me, Oct 7
It did sell huh

Me To Kate Ellis Oct 7
yea sorry, I know you were interested but I never heard back when I sent my number.

Kate Ellis To Me, Oct 7
My own fault thank you for getting back to me tho!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!