Bad Guy Anthony Sainz (s4Sainz/Repticguy) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:28 AM   #1
Night10gail
Angry Anthony Sainz (s4Sainz/Repticguy)

Anthony has a poor seller ethic, doesn't abide by traditional seller guidelines that almost everyone follows, and has some lack of communication. Below are the details but the gist is I committed to buy an animal, needed to wait for Paypal email to send money, had to leave for work, log in to Fauna for the payment info to find he sold the animal to someone else. All under 24hrs. Original post w/my "I'll take" comment is linked below so you can see the time line for yourself.

So I responded to a post (this one: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=622208). We had some text and PM correspondence regarding some questions I had. Said I would take him and needed the email he used on Paypal as well as the final total. You can see my comment reply on the post regarding sending a PM to get payment and shipping details. I sent this right before I left for work and only now the next morning have been able to log in. I have the PM with the payment info, am getting ready to send payment and find another PM that he sold it to another person! Via text I had explained that I was at work and would not be able to access my Paypal or Fauna until the following day (I work 2nd shift) to send the cash. He did not say that this would be a problem nor does the post say "first come first serve" or "no holds," which would indicate that the animal may be sold to another committing party up until the point where money is received. So at 9:30am the next day I log into Fauna to get his Paypal info to send my payment and also have a message saying he sold it. He couldn't wait less than 24hrs for an already confirmed buyer to send their payment (you can reference the date/time of my comment on the original post saying "I'll take it" to the date/time of this review post as confirmation that I stuck to a reasonable time of payment). It's not like I asked him to wait several days. I understand sales sometimes drop off the face of the planet so sellers can't wait around, but never have I not been given at least 24hrs in which to send payment during my busy schedule before the sale is considered forfeit and offered to another buyer. For 24hrs or other agreed upon or posted schedule after someone agrees to buy the animal it is considered "sale pending," something that even people on Facebook trade/sale groups do with everything from pet stuff to vehicles. This general rule is widely agreed upon amongst buyers and sellers as everyone has a busy life. Me being left to think this animal is mine as long as I paid the next day as I promised, and then to have the animal sold out from under me while I'm at work where I have no time to access the info needed to send payment is ridiculous like I'm expected to have all day, every day time and access to fauna and Paypal to send money at the drop of a dime like I'm not doing anything else at all that day is ridiculous. I shouldn't have to go shopping like it's a dang auction, and heck even auction sales you often have several days to pay before the item can be resold to someone else. This is poor customer service and seller ethic. I had the money, was fully intent to indeed send the money, and was just at work where I had no access to wire the money right then and there (I have no male-ware protection on my phone so I think it's understandable to anyone if I wanted to use a computer to log into my Paypal). I even had picked up some supplies for the animal from a late night store after work yesterday.

Old 06-09-2017, 11:10 AM   #2
Lucille
Megan

Sellers will tell you that people often say they want an animal and are never heard from again.
Unless you pay for an animal or unless the seller agrees to accept a deposit and receives the deposit, or unless the seller specifically tells you that he will hold the animal for x number of hours or days until you provide payment, the animal is not sold and he may sell it to whomever he wishes.

Old 06-09-2017, 11:21 AM   #3
Robert Walker
Anthony always has a good variety of animals for sale here. Though you missed out on that one, did you inquire about any similar monitors he might have soon? I'm sure he wouldn't mind selling you one, especially if you are in a better position to promptly pay for it.

Old 06-09-2017, 11:57 AM   #4
s4sainz
Oh wow, I just saw this thread, you should of just contacted me if that's how you felt.

First off I just wanted to apologize to Megan about the trouble this has caused her but unfortunately I do not hold animals for ANYONE without a payment.

As far as my lack of communication, I literally broke my hand about a week ago so my responses are not as detailed as I would typically respond via text and private messages on fauna.

I get people telling me that they are going to purchase animals all day, and don't come through, so for that reason, I don't hold animals until money is sent to secure the animal.

I will have more ackies available soon and willing to accommodate your price @ $200 on a baby Red Ackie just for the inconvenience, so getting you one in the very near future is not a problem.

I am more than willing to work with you, just give me a call and lets figure something out that is reasonable for the both of us.

Old 06-09-2017, 12:02 PM   #5
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by s4sainz View Post
Oh wow, I just saw this thread, you should of just contacted me if that's how you felt.

First off I just wanted to apologize to Megan about the trouble this has caused her but unfortunately I do not hold animals for ANYONE without a payment.

As far as my lack of communication, I literally broke my hand about a week ago so my responses are not as detailed as I would typically respond via text and private messages on fauna.

I get people telling me that they are going to purchase animals all day, and don't come through, so for that reason, I don't hold animals until money is sent to secure the animal.

I will have more ackies available soon and willing to accommodate your price @ $200 on a baby Red Ackie just for the inconvenience, so getting you one in the very near future is not a problem.

I am more than willing to work with you, just give me a call and lets figure something out that is reasonable for the both of us.
And this is how it is done folks... A+ response.

Old 06-09-2017, 12:13 PM   #6
Lucille
Anthony, that is very nice of you to accommodate your buyer with such an offer.
Here's hoping your hand heals soon.

Old 06-09-2017, 12:46 PM   #7
ElliotNess
That's a nice quick resolution... Big ups to Anthony for handling this...

Old 06-09-2017, 01:23 PM   #8
JButera
Anthony Sainz a 'Bad Guy'? lol. If anything, he's one of the few good guys still left in the industry. The OP jumped the gun on this one.

Old 06-09-2017, 02:37 PM   #9
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Megan

Sellers will tell you that people often say they want an animal and are never heard from again.
Unless you pay for an animal or unless the seller agrees to accept a deposit and receives the deposit, or unless the seller specifically tells you that he will hold the animal for x number of hours or days until you provide payment, the animal is not sold and he may sell it to whomever he wishes.
That is exactly how it is for most sellers, myself included. For every number of "I want" and "I will" messages one receives, a much smaller number of those parties follow through.

----------------

Anthony's response in this thread was really good. He is turning what could be a rough go into a positive opportunity for both parties.

Old 06-09-2017, 02:55 PM   #10
kmrkvicka
Next time we're in the market for a monitor, we'll be sure to reach out to Anthony first

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!