Inquiry: Big Daddy Boas - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:10 PM   #21
Martino Reptiles
Update #2:

I was able to get a hold of Dane through facebook, and I spoke to him on the phone today! I am waiting to hear back from him, and hopefully we can work out something. I will keep everyone updated, but things appear to be going well.

Regards,

Vic Martino

Old 03-31-2009, 08:39 AM   #22
Masonexotics
you have probed the snake right?

Anyhting but probing is a guess at best. Odd behavior near a waterbowl isn't a reliable method of sexing.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:11 AM   #23
Martino Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonexotics View Post
you have probed the snake right?

Anyhting but probing is a guess at best. Odd behavior near a waterbowl isn't a reliable method of sexing.
Correct.

A reliable snake vet. was brought in to probe the snake, and it sexed as a male. The waterbowl behavior was the behavior that triggered us to question the sex.

Still waiting to hear back from Dane .....

Old 04-01-2009, 08:25 AM   #24
Masonexotics
Cool, always worth checking

Old 04-02-2009, 09:14 AM   #25
Martino Reptiles
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonexotics View Post
Cool, always worth checking
Absolutely.

The good news regarding this issue is that Dane Meyer said he would rectify the situation with a replacement female. Currently, he is on a business trip so nothing has been done to date, but at least he has taken the active step to call back and explain how to fix the problem. Essentially, it's both our fault; mine for not checking the snake when purchased, his for not sexing it properly. These things happen often, hence why its even more important to purchase animals from reputable people that back their animals, and their names.

So far, Dane is taking action like the best breeders in the business.

- Vic

Old 06-29-2009, 09:31 PM   #26
DaneMeyerReptiles
Wow, didnt even realize there was a thread about me. Just recently started using the site alot and found the search feature.

Anyways, took care of the problem and sent him a full size female triple het and let him keep the male i sold him back when at no cost for to him. Hopefully Victor chimes in and can vouch that I took care of it.

Also, FWIW had to change my name from BigDaddyBoas to just DaneMeyerReptiles because i got 100 emails a month asking me if i was BigDaddyWholesale. Anyways, thanks for lending me your ear

Old 08-24-2009, 07:23 PM   #27
Martino Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMeyerReptiles View Post
Wow, didnt even realize there was a thread about me. Just recently started using the site alot and found the search feature.

Anyways, took care of the problem and sent him a full size female triple het and let him keep the male i sold him back when at no cost for to him. Hopefully Victor chimes in and can vouch that I took care of it.

Also, FWIW had to change my name from BigDaddyBoas to just DaneMeyerReptiles because i got 100 emails a month asking me if i was BigDaddyWholesale. Anyways, thanks for lending me your ear
Dane,

You certainly proved to be one of the most trustworthy and understanding people in the industry. Dane did in fact send a replacement female and did not want the male in return.

Kudos for him for being one of the "Good Guys" out there, and he has my full support in the future for all new business dealings.

VR/

Vic Martino
Martino Reptiles

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!