INQUIRY: International Fauna - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:36 AM   #11
Benay
Mike Frewer International Fauna

Hmm, interesting theory. Especially since I have asked him a dozen times to see photos of the babies, and there is a million reasons why I never receive any. I have heard from others with similiar stories, and I am putting together a file, to proceed firther.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:00 AM   #12
bullies&balls
I has in exotics for many years. I have never seen "CAPTIVE" badgers have babies. I have seen and raised "FARMED/TRAPPED" badger babies. If he said you were getting a baby a few months ago, then you got had !!! Trust me, no theory here, pure FACTS of the exotic animal business.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:09 AM   #13
Benay

He told me they were EUropean Badgers. But I am getting the feeling you are correct, and I was ripped off. So at this point, I am getting as much information as possible, so I can proceed further in recovering my money.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:51 AM   #14
TailsWithScales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benay View Post
Anyone out there recently have dealings with this guy? I purchased a badger from him almost 2 months ago, and he seems to have an excuse every day about why he can't ship her to me. He states that there are weather issues, although I have had other shipments from FLorida in the last month without problems. When I told him I would fly out to FLorida to pick her up myself, the phone mysteriously went dead, he will no longer answer his phone, or emails. Any information, as to his whereabouts, address or anyone else who is trying to get there money or animals would be appreciated.
Yes by the sounds of it you were probably ripped off.

But on the other side of the coin badgers are ILLEGAL to own in the state of CA without a proper permit. It's possible Mike knows this and thinks you could be Fish and Game trying to catch him in committing a federal crime.

I suggest you just attempt to get your money back and let this go unless you have the proper permits. If not it's a $5,000 fine and possible jail time.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:59 AM   #15
Benay

I do have the permits. I am a fully licensed and permitted facility. He is quite aware of my legal standing. In fact I will probably be contacting Fish and Game and Fish and Wildlife in regards to this issue.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:13 PM   #16
Benay
Interestingly, Mike Frewer just called! Apparently he he reads this section. He has yet again PROMISED to send me a refund "next week"....sounds kinda like that old Popeye routine by Wimpy...."I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today"......

He then began to threaten us to try and get us to take down the posting. LOL.

He will not give us an address to come to get the badger, although I found out he is somewhere on Mariner Blvd/Quality road.

Of course, he says his emails to us always come back to him, although I get several hundred a day, and have NEVER had a problem from anyone else.

I'll keep you all posted if I get my animal or money back. Thank you all for your help.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:10 PM   #17
bullies&balls
Look under USDA permit holders for a class "B" broker permit. The phyiscal address should be there. If not then look for his USDA inspection reports, used to be able to get the 2 latest reports on-line, but then again I have been out of the exotics for a few years and things could have changed some.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:21 PM   #18
Benay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benay View Post
Interestingly, Mike Frewer just called! Apparently he he reads this section. He has yet again PROMISED to send me a refund "next week"....sounds kinda like that old Popeye routine by Wimpy...."I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today"......

He then began to threaten us to try and get us to take down the posting. LOL.

He will not give us an address to come to get the badger, although I found out he is somewhere on Mariner Blvd/Quality road.

Of course, he says his emails to us always come back to him, although I get several hundred a day, and have NEVER had a problem from anyone else.

I'll keep you all posted if I get my animal or money back. Thank you all for your help.
Okay, so Mike Called last week insisting that he would make good, and I would have my money on 2/8/10. Guess what, its 2/10/10 and I have still not heard from him or received my refund. Anyone out there surprised?

I am now formally going to proceed in a very aggressive way. I have a friend with the Department of Fish and Wildlife that I am waiting to here back from, who will probably do an investigation on him. As well, since I made my payment through the mail, I will submit a claim for mail fraud, which is actually a felony. One of the list also privately emailed me about there being a similar law about dealings on the internet that are scams, and that is also prosecuted as a felony.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:30 PM   #19
Benay
Just an update:

Not only has Mike Frewer/International Fauna NOT sent me a badger, I have not received a refund either. What I have received are threats of violence to my family, employees and myself, to stop posting about him.

Old 04-21-2010, 01:06 PM   #20
Benay
Mike Frewer of International Fauna HAS NOT MADE GOOD on the purchase of a female imprinted Badger. It has been 5 months, and the only thing I have received form this man/company are either threats to harm me, my family, and employees. He is NOT a man of his word. I have also found out through the Department of Fish and Wildlife, that he is not even licensed to possess badgers, let alone sell them. This was a scam from the very beginning. I will not stop posting until I get my $1750 returned to me.

Benay Karp

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!