Format for posting news articles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 04:58 AM   #1
Clay Davenport
Exclamation Format for posting news articles

When posting a news item, copy the text of the article into the body of your post. News sites periodically move older articles into the archives and the original links die, so just posting a link will not result in the story being available for a long period.
Many news agencies also require a paid subscription to view the archives, so it can't be searched for if it's of interest.
Having the full article posted here will ensure it remains available for those wishing to read it later.

Do not edit the article in any way. Post the full text even if there's more there than applies directly to the news event.
If you add your own commentary to the same post where you are copying the article, make sure it is easily differentiated from the article itself in the body of the post.

At the end of the post do include a link to the original article. Even though this link will not be valid forever, we do need to cite the original source.

Old 06-26-2006, 09:51 PM   #2
Clay Davenport
On posting news which is posted elsewhere....

I was recently asked about the posting of previously posted news articles and I thought I'd address that here as well.

Feel free to post any reptile related news article you find that is not already posted in this forum.
Even if one article is posted here already, many times another article is found with significant additional information. Add that to the existing post.

You may find news articles posted on other herp sites. By all means, post them here as well. Many people, myself included, don't spend a lot of time on various forums and we won't see the post there.

Even if an article is posted somewhere else on this site I think it would be appropriate to cross post it here in this forum. For news articles of particular interest to a specific forum, the article should still be posted here and a link to it posted in the specific interest forum to alert the members there. This avoids the problem of more than one discussion going on at the same time.

Not everyone visits every forum on this site either, and this particular forum is solely for news and the discussion of those events. Posting news articles here makes it easier for someone to catch up on all the reptile news with one forum stop.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread