Hello Pit Lovers! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-26-2007, 08:38 AM   #1
JudyC
Hello Pit Lovers!

I introduced myself in the "Welcome" forum, but I thought I'd stop in and say "Hi" here as well!

I have a Cape Gopher myself that I've had for about four years now. I was looking at the threads about the photo contest and thinking how very hard it is to get a picture of Caesar. He's a FAST booger! But I love him to pieces.

I'll post some pics later this afternoon.

It's nice to find a spot to hang out with some real Pituophis enthusiasts! Definitely one of the most underrated group of snakes in the herping world!

Old 09-26-2007, 04:00 PM   #2
JudyC
Here's some pics. He's really, really hard for me to get pictures of.... (combine his speed with my photography skills, and it's just a mess! LOL)
Attached Images

Old 09-26-2007, 04:11 PM   #3
Wilomn
That's a good looking vertibralis. Are they still vertibralis? Anyway, very nice colouring on him and he looks well kept too.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:42 PM   #4
Mooing Tricycle
YOU SHOULD HAVE COME JUST A FEW DAYS EARLIER!!!!!!!!!!!

We just had a contest for Pituophis and of course now the voting is up!

Next month then! welcome!!!!!

Old 09-26-2007, 04:59 PM   #5
homegrownherps
Alicia beat me to it ...so welcome to the site.
Good looking snake, and we hope to see some pics entered in next months contest.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:41 PM   #6
JudyC
I'll definitely enter next month! I never win such contests, though...

Thanks for the comments! BTW...that's not stuck shed on his head or anything...he'd crawled under one of the patio chairs and gotten cob webs on his head.

Wes...he's either vertibralis or catenifer. I can never remember which one is the most recent designation.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:58 PM   #7
homegrownherps
Looks like vertibralis for sure.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!