Cuban Knight Anole eggs - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
KKtheRipper
Cuban Knight Anole eggs

My female anole just laid two healthy white looking eggs and I just removed them from her enclosure to a container with hatchrite. Now it's in the incubator at 89 degrees and 100% humidity. Am I doing the right thing? I usually hatch my ball python eggs this way and I never done it with lizard eggs. Help

Old 04-23-2012, 05:21 PM   #2
snowgyre
89 degrees is very warm for anoles, you'll get all males if you incubate that high. 84-86 degrees is a better range, and you'll get both sexes then. Humidity requirements are similar.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:31 PM   #3
KKtheRipper
Okay thank you so much! Ill def lower the temp now

Old 04-23-2012, 05:49 PM   #4
hadenglock
Ive "accidentally" hatched out a baby once. I had a male and female together for awhile and then seperated them and removed them from the cage. Literally 3-4 months later i cleaned the cage out and found the egg buried a good 4in under the soil. I cut the egg open myself thinking it must be long spoiled, but a little baby popped out healthy and green. I think the temps in the dirt was around 85 because i had a heat mat under it. Idk if this is a species of lizard the can prolong hatching or not due to environmental conditions or if i just got lucky lol.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:00 PM   #5
KKtheRipper
Lol no actually it's not out of the ordinary that they lay their eggs this way. I read somewhere that you can Incubate the eggs in their cage or the female may dig in a warm area sO they can hatch. I'm just a paranoid person so i put them in an incubator haha congratulations on your anole hatch.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!