Bearded dragon bulking diet? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-07-2007, 10:28 AM   #11
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

What type & brand of UVB are you using? Is it reptisun or a reptiglo?
As suggested, it should be on around 12 hours, & then, off for 12 hours. The heating should be on the same schedule. They do much better sleeping in total darkness.
The slurry can consist of alot of different things. The jumpstart is very effective if used properly. It is in a tube & comes in a paste. It is designed to be thinned out & used with water. Alot of people have had great success with it. A big reason that they have thrown it up is because it is so thick & it wasn't thinned out.
You can use that as a base if you desire, & thin it out with water, chicken babyfood & greens. Since you are already using roaches & mealies, just cut the mealies out right now since they are harder to digest. Stick with the roaches, & use maybe a bit of chicken or turkey babyfood, & some jumpstart if you want to try it. Some other ingredients that you can add are royal jelly, & brewer's yeast for immune system boosting. Just blend it all together & get it into a syringe & put some on the tip of her nose & hopefully she will start to lick it off of the end of her nose. If not, then, we will have to talk about other options.
Now, your calcium is it repcal, or reptical? They are different products. I just want to make sure that your calcium does NOT have phosphorus in it.
The basking temp for a dehydrated animal should not exceed 110. Anything higher will expedite dehydration & if an animal is already dehydrated that will make things worse. The first few weeks, should be spent on rehydrating her & making sure that she can handle protein. A dehydrated animal cannot handle protein very well & giving too much prematurely will lead to death because the kidneys cannot assimilate it & break it down.
Please let me know how she is doing. Thanks.

Tracie

Old 11-07-2007, 11:36 AM   #12
Nagini
Its a reptisun light and rep cal. I'll go out and pick up this stuff today, which is good because its my day off. I'll keep you all posted, thanks so much!

Old 11-07-2007, 09:43 PM   #13
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

Great you are going to go get some more stuff today! A reptisun 10 flourescent bulb, right? I am happy to hear that.
Keep me posted, ok?

Tracie

Old 11-07-2007, 10:29 PM   #14
method
I dunno if anyone posted this... I skimmed the posts... but it was probably said... But I will say it anyways

NO COMPACTS. Compact uvb not so good from what I have heard.

Old 11-08-2007, 08:56 AM   #15
Bearded Wizard 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by method
I dunno if anyone posted this... I skimmed the posts... but it was probably said... But I will say it anyways

NO COMPACTS. Compact uvb not so good from what I have heard.
Correct Certain compact UVB bulbs have been shown to be eye irritants! There is a link to the UK UVB researchers, I know Tracie will post up the link...

Anthony

Old 11-08-2007, 10:13 AM   #16
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

You are correct, the types of compacts that were being blamed for photo-kerato-conjunctivitis are the R Zilla 50 series, the R Zilla T8 series, Zoomed 10, & the Big Apple Mystic bulbs are all causing problems right.
Here is the link to read for testing information on them. Please do not buy any compact or coil lights, it will be a waste of your money & they are not safe. Do not buy an ESU or Zilla lights, at all. Only get either the Zoomed reptisun 10 or the Exo Terra reptiglo 8.

http://www.uvguide.co.uk/phototherapyphosphor.htm

Let us know how things are going.

Tracie

Old 11-08-2007, 10:20 AM   #17
Bearded Wizard 1
I've lost the link to the newest research from these guys, but here is a link to their main website... I know they have updated material on this subject, and very in-depth and worth reading...

www.uvguide.co.uk

Anthony

Old 11-08-2007, 10:22 AM   #18
Bearded Wizard 1
Sorry I found it, the link was on their home page... Here it is, please read it if you have not already!

http://www.uvguide.co.uk/reptisuncompacts.htm

Anthony

Old 11-10-2007, 11:03 PM   #19
Nagini
Got a bit of an update, I started a slurry today and she absolutely loves it! She downed 2 serynges, one in the am one in the pm and she's already running around instead of just lieing there! I have her on a lights out schedual too when I go to sleep so she does seem less stressed. I just cant wait till I get my Vision cage for her(when I have money XD) and can really get her set up and comfy

Old 11-11-2007, 10:24 PM   #20
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

That is awesome news to hear! So, she loved the slurries then? I am happy to hear that she is moving around now & eating 2 a day. Great! Keep up the good work with her. It sounds like she is improving now.
I am sure she will appreciate her new tank when you get it all done.

Tracie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!