Chris Nash - CEO, Bay Area Arboreals; you deside - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-13-2007, 11:16 AM   #41
Dennis Hultman
Should have been full name. Smith isn't his last name either.

Old 12-13-2007, 02:33 PM   #42
budgie
re

why does it matter whats my real name is.
i'm just here to tell people to watch out for this guy,
i live in the bay area he had an ad on craigslist thats how i got the snake off him,this was 2 years ago,what this happened so thats why i never kept any of the emails i had sent to him,
last time i heard he had moved to florida,maybe he was just saying thats.
and yes he is a druggie he was on some kind of drugs when i seen him,his eyes were crazy looking and he couldn't talk right he was all shakey.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:19 PM   #43
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by budgie
i live in the bay area he had an ad on craigslist thats how i got the snake off him,this was 2 years ago,what this happened so thats why i never kept any of the emails i had sent to him,
and yes he is a druggie he was on some kind of drugs when i seen him,his eyes were crazy looking and he couldn't talk right he was all shakey.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ead.php?t=8880
Quote:
DISCLAIMER:

I am providing this forum as a public service. I will not be held responsible for something someone else states, implies, nor accuses within this forum. If YOU have a problem with what someone is saying about YOU, then you need to state your case here and discuss it with the person making the offending statement. This forum is being provided in accordance with the freedom of speech and freedom of the press guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States of America. As such, ANY effort made to discontinue this service will be construed as a violation of ALL viewers and posters of this forum's civil and constitutional rights.

FULL NAMES are required on each posting you make on the BOI. Anyone failing to adhere to this simple rule has subjected their message to possibly being deleted. Anyone using a false name may be subjecting ALL of their messages to possibly being deleted as well has having their account removed from this site upon discovery.

I am going out on a limb and expect a lot of flak from people by providing this forum, so if you are not willing to stand up, state your claim, and put your name on it, then I'm not interested in providing you the space to make anonymous accusations. Such messages will be deleted as deemed appropriate in the individual circumstances surrounding the message.

YOU have to take responsibility and ownership of the words you post here. So take great care in how you craft your statements. Once you submit your message, it will be here PERMANENTLY, no matter what happens afterwards.

This site is an opportunity for you to learn from other peoples' bad experiences and an opportunity for you to warn people of bad experiences you have had. It is also the opportunity for those people that are doing a good job in this business to get the recognition deserved, and give those people new to this business somewhere to go to, to learn who to deal with, without the risks previously attached to dealing with someone completely unknown.

This forum can also be an excellent source of feedback for a person or business to see how the public generally expects them to behave in a business sense. It can also be a valuable learning experience to see how similar problems to one you may be facing has been handled in the past.

Please utilize the SEARCH function as much as possible before starting a new thread (topic line). In many instances, it is much better to continue an existing thread rather than starting a new one in order to preserve continuity in the information about a person or business. Most readers are much more inclined to read a single long thread, rather than dozens of smaller ones scattered all over the BOI. So don't let your message get lost in the clutter by ignoring this simple rule.

Although I don't generally do so, if requested, I may audit someone's registration to try to determine if the full name they applied to a post is actually legitimate. Anyone using an email address that is abandoned after they have succeeded in registering here (especially if using a hotmail, yahoo, or AOL account) will be considered as an anonymous poster and the relevant messages treated as such. Such accounts here are subject to being deleted.

In a similar vein, if I receive bounced emails from an abandoned email account, I may consider your account here as being abandoned as well and delete your account as deemed appropriate.

I know a lot of you probably are used to using initials or nicknames or such to identify yourself to the internet world. I use it myself much of the time (Rich Z). But for THIS forum please include your full name, assuming that not everyone is going to know you. As an example of what I would consider appropriate would be something like Rich Zuchowski (Rich Z), or something equivalent.

I suggest that you utilize the FULL NAME field in your USER Control Panel. If you have neglected to provide your real full name when you registered, please contact me so I can correct that mistake for you.

Please note that I may not be able to get to read every new message posted in a timely manner. YOUR seeing someone violating the rules does not mean it is OK for you to do likewise. And your message being deleted while another one similarly violating the rules remains does not mean I have singled you out. It may just be that I haven't gotten to that thread or message yet, and perhaps I never will if someone doesn't call it to my attention. I reserve the right to delete or keep any messages at my sole discretion. My deleting a message does not mean I disagree with it, just as one remaining on the board does not mean I agree with it. Although I am human and certainly will have my own opinions on most matters, I will try to remain as neutral as possible in all instances.

Any moderators on this site will be carefully picked and made fully aware of what is expected of them here. They are here to help both you and I. As such, I ask you to fully cooperate with them when they contact you about an issue, and fully understand that ignoring their requests can put your membership on this site in jeopardy.

I expect I will get a number of requests from people asking me to delete some message that someone else has posted about them that is rather unflattering. Bear in mind that I cannot, and WILL not be a judge in these matters. Your word will carry no more weight than the other person's word, whether I know you personally or not. All of these types of requests will be refused, no matter how irate and threatening the request may be. As such, please note that I reserve the right to publish such email in the appropriate threads in this forum, as evidence of MY own dealings with YOU. Anyone sending me these types of messages, or of any other type, specifically give up the right or expectation that this correspondence will remain private, at my discretion. In such an instance, such correspondence will be considered as MY contribution to what is known about the parties involved in a dispute. The more abusive the correspondence, the greater the likelihood that you will see it published in this forum.

As a FYI, I have several times been threatened with lawsuits from people demanding that I delete a message unflattering to them, OR ELSE. I am fully aware that anyone can sue anyone else and not have a shred of legal basis to support their suit. But understand that I AM protected by law from liability stemming from any message someone else may post here. If you wish, you can study the following link:

Communications Decency Act of 1996

Yes, there certainly can be libelous messages posted here and yes, you may be able to prove it. But you have to prove it FIRST, and provide a court order to me before I will remove a message from this BOI. Prior to this happening, all I have to go on is your word against another's.

Also, please bear in mind that threatening to, or following through with, filing a lawsuit against either the webmaster here (me) or anyone else posting on this message board carries substantial risks to yourself. Such an action will most certainly be made very public, and the public backlash will quite probably be much more than you had bargained for. More than likely, the damage to you or your business from initiating such an action will be far, far greater than the original cause of your finding a reason to contact an attorney in the first place. This has already happened once, and the person whom initiated the threat of a lawsuit not only became the target of a boycott, but every one of his business's customers were targeted for a boycott as well. This will be very dangerous ground for you to be walking on.

There are certain rules I set up about posting that I will try to enforce, and those messages that flaunt those rules are certainly subject to being removed. I highly recommend that you check out the warning points system I have instituted here. This is a handly little system that will serve as a gentle reminder to new people about minor oversights they may have done in posting messages. More serious infractions get heavier point penalties assessed.

Please note that although not all rules will invoke warning points, they will still carry penalties such as having your post deleted, or perhaps your entire thread locked.

Old 12-13-2007, 04:04 PM   #44
critical bill
Quote:
Hey kid, from what I'm reading here it doesn't appear you got the smarts to qualify as a delivery boy for a pharmacy...let alone to offer any diagnosis as to what might be troubling that guy.

You should really take a moment to think about your problems, why you were so dumb to stick $600 in his hand when the deal was apparently dependent on paperwork that you required and you let him off without providing it.

Good Job! Heres my diagnosis for you: Cowardice Induced by Stupidity. CIS for short.

Thanks a bunch for the laugh...rrr...i mean the warning.

Old 12-13-2007, 04:05 PM   #45
ravensgait
Quote:
Not going to be much of a warning to other folks when they delete all your post because you were afraid to use your real name... Randy

Old 01-20-2009, 06:25 PM   #46
Nagini
Seems he's still at it. I didn't recognize his e-mail when he mailed me at first, but when I called him, He again offered me not only Marajuana, but a medical card for it along with exotic animals.

He also said that the owner of N.E.R.D was his cousin and could get me 20% off? Anyone know if that is true?

Old 01-20-2009, 07:07 PM   #47
jusmebabee
Does it matter if he's related to someone at NERD?
You posted about him and his weed so what's the point of dragging up an old thread?
Why not hang up the phone and move on..

Old 01-20-2009, 07:36 PM   #48
psilocybe
Quote:
Originally Posted by DThomas View Post
No it is not. It would entrapment if presented this way.
No, it wouldn't. Entrapment is where a law enforcement officer causes you to commit a criminal act that you ordinarily would not do, either by coercion or trickery. Officers regularly entice would be offenders into committing crimes, i.e. prostitution busts, drug busts (both selling and buying), hiring hitmen, etc. etc.

An officer posing as a criminal can offer services or goods to another person, and if that person accepts, that person can be charged with the crime. In this case, the offer was explicit. Pot for snakes. If the OP had chosen to go through with the deal, and this was indeed a police bust, she would not be able to use the entrapment defense.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:45 PM   #49
DJReptile
OK, folks, I've dealt with Chris several times both in person and over the phone. No, he is not a law enforcement officer. Yes, he is that dumb. He was banned from the East Bay Vivarium FOR LIFE. I have worked as a bouncer and bartender for several years now and it is my professional OPINION that he was high most of the times I interacted with him. I will NEVER do business with him. I recommend none of you do so. In my opinion he is HIGHLY unreliable. That being said he does have a knack for coming across nice animals. They are usually half dead by the time he offloads them but in the hands of experienced herpers I have seen these animals rebound quickly. Still, not a risk I care to take. Hope this helps...don't do business with him!!

Jonathan Newsome

Old 01-20-2009, 08:47 PM   #50
DJReptile
...no he isn't related to anyone at NERD nor does he do business with the Smithsonian.

Jonathan Newsome

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!