Double Het for Cotton Candy Cranwells - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Amphibians

Notices

Old 12-01-2016, 09:38 PM   #1
smashtoad
Double Het for Cotton Candy Cranwells

I have (6) 4-spot cranwells almost out of the water. They are double het for the cotton candy morph, and were produced by Mike Matson @ Mikes Phat Frogs. The spawning that produced them was the first ever cotton candy x cotton candy spawn.

There are very few of these in the US. If you're wanting to breed Pac man frogs...you could do a lot worse for stock.

$70 each plus shipping or $475 shipped for all six.

Email jharv67@sbcglobal.net
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 12-02-2016, 08:13 AM   #2
smashtoad
Thanks for Being You

I wondered the exact same thing, to be honest. I'm definitely no authority on genetics, and am just reusing the term that was given to me. It is not intentional false advertising.

I am taking the word of a guy who breeds tens of thousands of Ceratophrys every year. How many tens of thousands of Ceratophrys do you breed every year, Jordan? Do you see spawn after spawn after spawn after spawn? Mike produced the Cotton Candy morph...so...what exactly do you know about this variant?

I'll concede that "double het", in the minds of geneticists, may not be the exact correct term for these frogs. Then again, modern science builds walls made to crumble.

Below is a picture of the spawning pair. I will get his take on this, but until I do...I'll take his word over your accusatory tone.

Sound fair, Jordan?
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 12-02-2016, 08:23 AM   #3
homeya100
Following

Old 12-04-2016, 04:01 PM   #4
smashtoad
The two adults pictured above (the parents of the frogs I'm selling, which are undoubtedly not normal)...are each technically a different color morph. Therefore they are single het for each color phase...they are not "double het" for any single color morph, just het for both.

They have the probability of throwing some very weird and valuable horned frogs. A very small number of these tadpoles were sold in the states. The rest went to Japan. If you want to breed horned frogs...these may very well be some of the best stock available in the US from a value standpoint.

I hope this helps any confusion caused by the exchange above.

EDIT: I now see that the response to my original post has been deleted. Thanks.
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-21-2017, 04:14 AM   #5
jbuhrmester1
Still available?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Old 01-21-2017, 10:58 PM   #6
smashtoad
I only have the tan left. I'm considering raising him and trying to get some of these mutants myself. I'll take an offer....not sure how many of this spawn are in the states up for sale. A few of mine didn't make it, and two were deformed...out of 8. This guy is a bruiser. Eating earthworms.

Just not really sure I wan't to sell him.

Sorry the picture is so huge.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!