Inquiry Exotic Jungle (Jay Eaton) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:40 PM   #1
Chillswitch
Exotic Jungle (Jay Eaton)

My name is Amanda Habermas, and I bought a blood python hatchling from Exotic Jungle at the FIRE show in Orlando last month. I've been having some trouble with her, and when I went to ask questions, they disappeared. No response to e-mail, and their "(phone) messages always returned within 48 hours" statement also kinda didn't pan out...I called a couple times on different days/times with no response, then finally went ahead and left a message (a week ago now) with no response. I'm also a little bit put off because I'm not 100% sure exactly what they sold me at this point also, and there isn't a whole lot of information on their website.

I'm not trying to attack them, and hopefully I'm not overreacting, I'm just wondering what's up. I'm still new to the snake keeping community.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
snakemami
I know Jay and can say he and his staff are top notch. If you are having challenges, while it is always nice to talk to the seller, you can always come on to the forums here to ask lots of questions.
I will also give you a personal welcome to reach out to me and I can try to help you. I breed and raise bloods and will help you as much as possible.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:08 PM   #3
Chillswitch
Thanks! They seemed pretty cool when I met them, but going almost month with no contact from what looks like a full time business worried me a little. I'll send you a PM.

Old 10-08-2011, 12:35 AM   #4
alex bleas
No contact after sale me 2 and kinked tails

Old 10-08-2011, 02:01 PM   #5
Chillswitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex bleas View Post
No contact after sale me 2 and kinked tails
Oh no. :S I've gotten a couple PMs that mention him having a shady reputation, also. I feel pretty dumb.

Old 10-08-2011, 02:08 PM   #6
Karma Kritters
The local Pet Supermarket here in Panama City gets reptiles from him. They are usually in bad shape and misrepresented. I beleive he gets allott of his animals from other wholesalers once they are payed for as I have seen his list nearly exactly match Strictlys list. They most likely know nothing of the animal you bought from them.

Old 10-08-2011, 04:34 PM   #7
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Kritters View Post
The local Pet Supermarket here in Panama City gets reptiles from him. They are usually in bad shape and misrepresented. I beleive he gets allott of his animals from other wholesalers once they are payed for as I have seen his list nearly exactly match Strictlys list. They most likely know nothing of the animal you bought from them.
While that may be the case, the staff at Pet Supermarket on 23rd Street are inept and have no clue what they are doing.

I have been in there to talk to them about their animals and they are clueless. I have seen animals with RIs, animals with mites, animals with fluid leaking out of their vent. I have caught animals cannibalising one another as well (came in as a large Leopard Gecko was eating the rest of another smaller one).

So, even if they got animals in good shape, I doubt they would stay that way for long.

Old 10-09-2011, 01:03 AM   #8
alex bleas
I felt dumb to but you live and learn. I spent 650 lol hope this makes you feel better. I have purchased snakes from Ben at albino Nile down in Florida and received great looking snakes and health.

Alex

Old 10-09-2011, 08:15 PM   #9
Chillswitch
Update (19/9/11): Jay did finally get back to me, mentioning being busy this month filming. He went out of his way to get me on the phone, was pretty thorough, and I got all the information I needed to help acclimate the new snake properly.

All is good. <3

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!