Terri Sommella Fire and Ice Dragons -- Nightmare - Page 26 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:24 AM   #251
exoticsdr
hahahaha...looks like Terri changed her name to Matt

Old 12-29-2011, 08:56 AM   #252
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by exoticsdr View Post
hahahaha...looks like Terri changed her name to Matt
Because somebody asked for an IP check? Or do you have some evidence on which to base that post?

Old 12-29-2011, 10:31 AM   #253
mattdadd
Nope, I'm just a satisfied customer that has been very happy with Fire and Ice dragons.

Old 12-29-2011, 02:52 PM   #254
Lynden
Obviously you are a fan of Terri. You just joined here in December so maybe your transactions with her were more recent than mine. I'm glad you had a good experience. What I posted was Terri's email responses, but that is not necessarily the reason I'm not doing business with her. There are 26 pages so far in this forum post with the majority of posts objectively showing poor customer satisfaction from Fire and Ice Dragons. I am simply contributing to those posts with my very limited experience with her via email. However, it really doesn't matter what we all think if your experience was good. Posting your good experience with her may help improve her reputation in the long run. If you know anyone else who had a good experience with her by all means have them come post it.

Old 12-29-2011, 05:11 PM   #255
Spyral
Lynden - thanks for your input! I think the emails are very informative.

Apparently you have to email the seller before 10pm to qualify for amazingly helpful customer service.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:20 PM   #256
exoticsdr
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Because somebody asked for an IP check? Or do you have some evidence on which to base that post?

No, no evidence...but then again, it was not an accusation or I would have said it was so....was more of a rhetorical statement that actually had nothing constructive to add to the conversation....much like your post that stated, "It must be nice to limit customer service to those customers that have already paid...
I've been wasting a lot of time, apparently, because I was under the impression that every inquiry is a potential customer."

It won't happen again...will it?

Old 12-29-2011, 07:34 PM   #257
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdadd View Post
Nope, I'm just a satisfied customer that has been very happy with Fire and Ice dragons.
Not really accurate. You are "a satisfied customer that has been very happy with Fire and Ice dragons" who is of the opinion that since your transactions went well, people with a negative opinion must be wrong.

Can you say blinders and tunnel vision??????

The OP presented her scenario and backed it up with documentation. The content is not really up for interpretation or debate. While we are all pleased that you had a good experience...you seem to be in rarified company given the testimonials on this thread

Old 12-29-2011, 10:07 PM   #258
mattdadd
Hello John, whats not accurate? my opinion? : ) Tunnel vision? Blinders? did you read my post? Did you read the post i was responding to?..in detail? No, i was not saying that those offering their experiences on this thread are wrong, i was replying to ONE post, which seemed to be drawing negative conclusions from a brief email exchange the poster had with Terri, and was in turn, publicizing the event in a negative light. I think people should be careful what they put out to the public, especially if its based on an exchange of a few brief emails and limited "content", of which, we only know half of a two sided story. If you have a legit experience and want to give a buyer beware heads up to people then by all means, let us know. Obviously there's some history here in this thread with people having had some bad experiences with Fire and Ice. I feel sorry for those buyers and understand the frustration of a bad experience. I, in turn, wanted to let people know about the good experience I've had buying from them, but apparently, people on this thread have some grudges to share so carry on. No offense meant to anyone, especially Lynden. Happy New Year to all!

Old 10-09-2013, 11:22 PM   #259
Shannigans82
I agree that F & I are bad people. I also spent $500.00. I work in the animal field, have a board certified reptile vet, and Terri tells me stress and husbandry. I have never had a problem before. She continued to interupt me and hung up on me. I would NEVER ecommend them.

Old 11-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #260
tongx
I have got 3 dragons from Terri at F & I. when I got them they all were just doing great the first week or two and then I had one that was not growing much and he started sleeping a lot. I changed his basking lamp, I changed out the UBV bulb, and I put water in his pond. It was big enought to put 2 dragons and still had room for more. I kept all 3 in separate 20long gallon tanks while they were still babies. Mylan was acting odd and I could not get him to eat much. He did not like for me to watch him eat either. Now the other 2 was just fine eating and growing. Mulan got worse. He got so that he could not manuever his front legs and then it went to his back legs. His back legs did not get as bad. I carried him to the vet and the vet did a fecal test, found out he had 2 parasites, one being coccidia and the oterh a possible adenovirus. he got 4 meds to give by mouth. One got him to start eating almost just over night. I call Terri and she was telling me it was something was wrong in his evniroment. i told her that if it was that then the other 2 would be doing the same think. because I had done the same in all 3 tanks. Terri just insisted on it was something I had done. But Mulan was not doing well at all. After a week on his Meds he started to show signs of being much better with the exception of his front legs. he looked like he has celbral polsy. The vet told me after the fecal test that with the way Mulan was acting he has a neurological issue because it was affecting his motor skills in his brain to tell his feet what to do. My vet told me to that when a breeder is breeding for a specific color they tend to inbreed to get that specific color and looks away from the health issues of what inbreeding can cause. I researched this and found out that this goes along with how Mulan was acting and reating to everything I tried. I also talked to another breeder that has been breeding for years and I saw her dragons and they all are very happy and friendly. I have found out that people have got mean bearded dragons from Terri, as well as unfriendly. One of the other 2 wants to bite me so I am having to work religously to get her to accept me as a friend and not the enemy. I have learned alot in the past 6 months about dragons and I have als learned that I dont want any dragon or an offspring of any dragon that Terri has sold to and has in her cluches. Inbreeding is very bad and I dont understand how someone would do this to animals just to get more money from people. This type of business is very bad and it can ruin so many that it could become an epidemic and kill off dragons because it would be bad gentics in a growing generation of dragons. Mulan is getting worse again. his back legs will hang up in the air with him being on his belly. he can not walk without using his elbow on one leg. I heard him yesterday buping into the walls of his cage when he was trying to walk. Looks like I am going to have to have him euthenized because he can not stand on the front feet and eat his greens . he lays on his side trying to eat his greens. I wish that there was a way that Terri could be put out of business by the humane society because of how she is breeding dragons. I have read where this is not the only time this has happened with one of her dragons. ant they guy siad his dragon only live 2 1/2 years and many vet bills. Inbreeding will cause the immune system to be weak from the start and teh dragons can be very easy to get viruses and parasites , more than normal. Google inbreeding in reptiles and you will see what I am talking about. I have researched a lot about this and this same thing happens in humans also.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!