Dan Scolaro bad guy. - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:16 PM   #31
Dan Scolaro
Chuck:

Not intending to sound blunt or offensive, but your comments indicate that you have a reading disability/interpretation deficiency.

Again read the information very slowly. If you don't understand it, then have someone else read it and explain it to you slowly and out loud.

The animals were shipped on a warm day despite it being during the winter months. After the shipper error, I advised the buyer to consider buying reptiles during other seasons had this happened on a frozen evening but it didn't. As you tried to miscommunicate, I never advised him that his temps were not optimal on the day I shipped and never put any blame on the buyer as that is your misintrepretation of events.

This was actually a good deal for the buyer. He received 4 skinks at almost wholesale prices and was promised an additional skink for free this summer. That was 5 skinks for 600 dollars which is a great deal.

Dan

Spawn: No pedestal here and the thread exposes a generous offer beyond the guarantee of a free skink which shows much consideration. Also, the kid's father threatened to rob my reptile collection and threatned other things, so speak to him if you have further questions.

Dan

Old 04-08-2008, 10:35 PM   #32
lanceheads
I agree Dan:

The Coward/Liar (pick one), (Kimmel) DOES have a problem comprehending the written word.

Your Quote:

"Chuck:

Not intending to sound blunt or offensive, but your comments indicate that you have a reading disability/interpretation deficiency.

Again read the information very slowly. If you don't understand it, then have someone else read it and explain it to you slowly and out loud."

I wouldn't worry about anything Kimmel says on this board, he's a blowhard and a loudmouth and I just read him for entertainment like most folks do here on the BOI.
Rarely does he offer any perspectives of the issue at hand.

However, Lucious should be spanked and sent to bed by his daddy for cursing and lying.

I think Dan is a GREAT GUY and He has done great in my deals with him.

Randal

Old 04-08-2008, 11:15 PM   #33
Dan Scolaro
And someone emailed to inform that thread starters must be at least 18 years old. If so, then this kid perhaps is not 18 so can proof of his age be aquired by fauna and administrative follow up be completed?

Dan

Old 04-08-2008, 11:24 PM   #34
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Scolaro
The animals were shipped on a warm day despite it being during the winter months. After the shipper error, I advised the buyer to consider buying reptiles during other seasons had this happened on a frozen evening but it didn't. As you tried to miscommunicate, I never advised him that his temps were not optimal on the day I shipped and never put any blame on the buyer as that is your misintrepretation of events.
You're lying. You never told the guy in your email to "consider buying during warmer months, because if this happened on a frozen evening".

You are adding stuff that was never said.

This is what you said:

"the pet shop they were mistakenly directed to did not report anything wrong with them so can only imagine they were unfortunately chilled, but that is a risk you take when your order reptiles in the middle of winter and live in a cold climate. Perhaps next time I would suggest to obtain specimens during warmer climate conditions to avoid any issues."

You told him it was his risk! He is at fault for ordering from you in the middle of winter. He is at fault if they got chilled! Then you suggest it would be better for him to obtain specimens during warmer months.

You control the shipping. Its your responsibility to pick the safest time to ship.

And, temps were in the upper 20's to mid-upper 30's in the evenings from end of march to beginning of april for his area in Oregon. That's not freezing temps? Daytime temps were in the low 40's to mid 50's.

You shipped those animals out in the above low temps.

Quote:
This was actually a good deal for the buyer.
It was?

pffffft.....what a joke.

CRAP DEAL AND CRAPPIER EXCUSES!

Old 04-08-2008, 11:42 PM   #35
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads
I agree Dan:

The Coward/Liar (pick one), (Kimmel) DOES have a problem comprehending the written word.
Hey look its my palo Dingle Berry. Hi Dingle!

Are you still sore because I told everyone about the little hit and run theft you and your partner pulled off? It was a really long time ago. It was pre-Bonnie, she was still working, I would assume, on her first husband. You were a single dingle back then.

Most folks tell me they wont get mad, that they'll get even. Seems I got you both ways. Twisted from the waist and spun around. I'm the train and the platform.....and your nothing but in between.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:49 PM   #36
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckenzie_river_reptiles
Here is a link. Read it. You can see bulges A.K.A. Hemipenes!
First off... The page you linked is a bit sketchy. It's a private individual's freely hosted geocities page detailing their experiences and opinions. I only checked the front page and breeding page and noticed a few things I disagree with and a few that were questionable. Even *your* link though indicates that sexing is possible through careful observation of traits which adult animals tend to display and that visual sexing is not easy or always accurate. Verified sexing for pink tongues really requires a direct observation of breeding behaviors or a sonogram.

Secondly, you earlier linked an ad posted by another dealer- incidentally someone I consider something of a buddy- and cited the size of those animals at six months of age as "proof" that smaller animals couldn't be as old. This is incorrect; the growth rate of an individual animal can vary wildly based on a large number of factors; environment, genetic predisposition, diet and supplimentation, gender and so forth. Two animals can be the same age and display a signifigant difference in their growth rate while both still being healthy. I'm not really commenting directly on the animals you recieved, simply explaining that being smaller or larger isn't automatically going to indicate age.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:33 AM   #37
Mckenzie_river_reptiles
exotic pets are good ppl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus Haley
First off... The page you linked is a bit sketchy. It's a private individual's freely hosted geocities page detailing their experiences and opinions. I only checked the front page and breeding page and noticed a few things I disagree with and a few that were questionable. Even *your* link though indicates that sexing is possible through careful observation of traits which adult animals tend to display and that visual sexing is not easy or always accurate. Verified sexing for pink tongues really requires a direct observation of breeding behaviors or a sonogram.

Secondly, you earlier linked an ad posted by another dealer- incidentally someone I consider something of a buddy- and cited the size of those animals at six months of age as "proof" that smaller animals couldn't be as old. This is incorrect; the growth rate of an individual animal can vary wildly based on a large number of factors; environment, genetic predisposition, diet and supplimentation, gender and so forth. Two animals can be the same age and display a signifigant difference in their growth rate while both still being healthy. I'm not really commenting directly on the animals you recieved, simply explaining that being smaller or larger isn't automatically going to indicate age.
I have no problems with the ppl at exotic pets. I have never done bussiness wit them, butwould not hesitate. The guy I contacted at Exotic pets was nice and gave me info on those skinks. He said that they were 6 months old.
Dan told me when I bought the skinks that they were 06's he changed his mind and gave me 07's probably because he sold all his 06's.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:51 AM   #38
Jim O
Quote:
Since I have NEVER had any complaints about the health of any animal shipped (with around 2000 boxes shipped so far), I simply offered to provide him another skink for free when I received more as I get them every summer from the breeder. This is beyond my companies guarantee and I usually would consider to extend any guarantee regardless of any circumstances that could arise despite there has NEVER been any health issue with any animal in thousands of purchases.
NEVER? That's a lie Dan and you are well aware of it. See http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=105402 where Dan was stupid enough to ship amphibians via USPS!

Whether the OP in this thread has his ducks in a row or not, Dan can be counted upon to try to weasel his way out of honoring his (made up on the fly) "guarantee".

Old 04-09-2008, 01:01 AM   #39
Mckenzie_river_reptiles
Considering my age....

Firstly I don't think age has anything to do with it, but since you are so interested...? I will tell you I am a 17 old guy that Likes to breed and raise reptiles. I spend nearly every penny I make on reptiles, mice and feeder insects. I care for my animals as a true hobbiest, not someone one that is more interested in the money. I co-own reptiles with my Dad who has raised reptiles from childhood. So I get knowledge and husbandry from him and other people. I put fourth alot of effort to take care of the animals that I have, I will never sell an animal that I believe to be unhealthy, even though I have sold very little seeing as I have been working my way up towards more expensive reptiles. I had never been ripped of before, so I was rather nieve and dumb. It is depresing to me to know that there are krooks even in this hobby/bussiness that I love so much.
Considering my Dad: His story is this; when he was at his climax at raising reptiles mostly coloubrids, boas, and albino burms. he orderd a large shipment of about 60 snakes from a wholesaler, unfortunatly he quaratined them for only 1 month. one of the snakes had star gazing syndrom or something like that. It spred quickly and infected his whole colony, killing all his Boas and pythons! He sold most of his coluobrids, but always worked with a few. At about 15 I started to collect reptiles cheep stuff, bred it sold it and have worked my way up, not high but a little bit. Also My Dad never stated that he was going to break in and steal your reptiles! That is ridiculous! He stated that Bob Clark got his whole colony stolen, and my dad and Bob were upset at how the reptile industry was turning into more of a money thing than a love for reptiles. I'm not against breeding reptiles and making a great profit!

I don't understand why my age is a problem with you. I would think you being a "full grown man" would have the integrity to do fair bussiness with a fellow breeder, especially the future of the reptile industry!

I agree that maybe it is hard to sex pink tongue skinks, but me and my Dad have looked at them and observed them and believe that we were shipped 2.2, but the female died, making it 2.1. Dan sent me sexed animals that were sexed by him. So ask Dan how he sexed them...

This is my input on Dan Scolaro (DTS Herps) is not a good person to do bussiness with, he changes his mind, TOS, and makes stuff up!
In the end he has your money and you got bad quality reptiles!

Old 04-09-2008, 01:01 AM   #40
Dan Scolaro
Chuck:

Wrong again, temps were warm and safe the day the buyer and myself agreed to ship. And of course it goes without saying that its always a risk when shipping reptiles during winter so what's your point about me pointing out the obvious to the buyer and suggesting another season? I never said it was his fault. And you don't know all about all of the emails we exchanged. For your information, despite the buyer wanted them quickly after final payment, I was quite smart to delay the shipment many times due to low temps, and checked the buyer's daily/weekly weather forecasts and kept in very close communications with the buyer on when it was best to ship. When the low temp was forecasted in the mid 40's and high temp was in the mid to upper 50's, we decided it would be fine to ship that day and included a heat pack just in case. Several folks ship in lower temps, but I have had great success with deliveries being patient for warmer days and in nearly 2000 shipments cannot recall one legitimate complain due to some error on my end, so what gives dude. I am presently holding about 10 orders waiting for better weather in some areas. And on some instances, I have been pressured to ship on colder days, and to avoid problems, I simply issued refunds for the sake to not risk the animals health. The animals welfare is the most important concern at all times.

Do you ship reptiles or do you just sit there behind the computer all day trying to find something to pick besides your nose? Many people emailed me tonight informing me to ignore you, claiming you're a nut, and you are really starting to make me wonder what business you have even being on any forum to help a situation between buyer/seller because your thinking process is not sound nor stable nor productive to resolve any issue. You are a master aggravator, a skilled individual at festering up crap that is not relevant nor productive to any resolution, and wasting people's time. I hear you are banned weekly and would throw in my two-cents to make it final as you are no help in any thread.

Is it not plain and simple to you that I met my end of the guarantee? Did you read that the skinks arrive alive and the buyer was offered an extention of the guarantee? Can you read? One minute you harp on folks for not keeping to their guarantee and then you harp on others for keeping to their guarantee. What the heck is wrong with you dude? If the buyer and his father are so reckless and wild to make threats and add so many lies and misinformation garbage, it dawns on me now about how do I even know in the first place now that the buyer was truthful that it was a skink I sent him that was dehydrated? What reputation does he have in this business? He is some 13 year old sucking his thumb. I mean all the skinks looked beautiful here, all fat and eating great and they all had fat tails and they are quite hardy and basically indestructable animals. And once you lie as the buyer did, then anything and everything he said or says must be considered suspicious. So he has lied, he dad has lied, and you are picking on things that are not even relevant to the live arrival of skinks on a day when temps were satisfactory for shipping. What gives with you? Man you are either dense or need to be locked up.

End result was the buyer was offered another skink despite the other was feeding. I extended my guarantee and was threatened with robbery of my collection, so its a no go for any extension at this point as I will not alter or extend guarantees when threatened with such things.

If you want to argue, I suggest getting a mirror and yap into that but from what I hear about you, you do that anyway.

Dan

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!