Bad Guy Handoff Renee Stastka libel - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

View Poll Results: Have you had a Fauna Classifieds user post false information about you?
Yes 35 20.71%
No 113 66.86%
Unsure 21 12.43%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2011, 04:24 AM   #11
heathacat
Candace I'm so sorry it's still going on. Do you have a hedgehog rescue?

I did a bit of looking and I found this:

FLORIDA: Candace Beach, Northwest Florida Hedgehog Rescue, Panama City Beach, FL phone: (706) 585-0713 E-Mail: candace.eve@gmail.com Website: www.nwfhr.webs.com

from this website: http://www.hedgehogwelfare.org/rescue_list.htm

So I'm guessing this is the Candace she is talking about? But who is Kira?

Old 06-12-2011, 05:57 AM   #12
candace313
I do help with the HWS (Hedgehog Welfare Society) and have for the past 2 years.
The user Handoff, Renee Stastka, has contacted me and harassed me off this site as well by calling my landlord, work, and contacting other HWS members. Also I have many calls from her that took place at 2am and later.

The first story was she received a check from me buying her reptiles. I asked her to please give me the information off the check and or an image ao I could see what happened.
After asking for the image the second story was I stole her reptiles.

She then contacted me using multiple names and multiple email addresses through the rescue site needing to surrender 6 hedgehogs, 2 snakes, and I believe 3 beardies; having a hedgehog outside and not knowing what to do with it; attempting to adopt a hedgehog. I got so many stories from multiple emails. All of the emails from the same computer it appears.

The email she posted is a response (Im pretty sure the wording has been changed on some parts) for the surrender email of 6 hedgehogs, 2 snakes, and 3 bearded dragons. The only rescues we take in are hedgehogs and my roommate takes in turtles. Maybe it was a poor choice of wording to say that I am scared of most cold blooded animals, but unfortunately I am scared of snakes. (This is why I don't own any snakes) I told her I could not take in her snakes or beardies, but would gladly take in the hedgehogs. She then wanted my address to bring them to me. I don't openly share my address with the people that surrender rescues. It's just not a safe practice.

She seemed like an okay person that just needed a home for her pets and it sounded like she was really overwhelmed. I tried to find a reptile rescue within our area to no avail. I contacted a "sister" rescue to take in the 6 rescues once they were in my care since I had a full house of rescues at the time. All thinking this person really did need help. I replied telling her I was unable to find a rescue to take in the reptiles and I could take in the hedgehogs just to let me know when she would like to surrender them. I got no response.

Then the emails begin from Renee Stastka again. I had a friend look at many of the rescue emails and it is believed they all came from the same source. I don't know how he was able to tell this; I'm not that computer savy.

I told Renee Stastka through email I would like to keep our communications through emails for a record since phone calls are a little more difficult to keep a record of. She took this as an insult I assume.

As for the check, I wanted a copy because I previously had a roommate by the name of Kira. The girl packed up and moved out when I was out of town visiting family over a year ago. She stole many things and skipped out on our lease. I have had a check from a different account bounce and it had her signature on it.

If a copy of the check was provided then it would be believable, but it then was said I stole her reptiles. I refuse to deal with someone that slanders or libels my name. Part of me feels that Handoff, Renee Stastka, may be a friend of my old roommate and perhaps they are just "having fun" ruining my reputation.

I have told Renee Stastka to please take this to court if she doea in fact have a claim. It is on record that a previous check was written by my old roommate. I have contacted the courthouse and they have nothing on file in their office or from the sheriffs office as Renee Stastka claims.

As for my reptiles.. I have records of my sales, trades and purchases that can be provided to prove they are my reptiles. Some are in the form of email correspondence and some are actual receipts. I have told Handoff, Renee Stastka, that these can be given to authorities if they need them.

All she does is continue to slander and libel my name all over town and all over the web. A rescue friend of mine is now helping me try to file a claim against her in court for this.

What I don't understand is how do you sell reptiles to someone you don't know and take a check from them that's in a name othee than their name?

Any ideas, advice, or opinions are welcomed.. good or bad.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:32 AM   #13
Focal
Wow, this is crazy, LOL. I would suggest getting a lawyer.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:45 AM   #14
Onetruesikorsky
Do people seriously have nothing better to do with their time? What a joke! Candace I'm sorry this has happened to you (and is continuing to happen to you), and from the looks of things I would take a guess that this person is somehow affiliated with your old roommate, since I can't see any other discernible reason as to why they would randomly attack you and claim that you stole animals from them. It just doesn't make any sense.

People astound me with their stupidity again and again...

Old 06-13-2011, 11:03 AM   #15
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal X View Post
Wow, this is crazy, LOL. I would suggest getting a lawyer.
Just to elaborate on this a little more. From the sound of things, someone may have used your checks or some form of identity theft. She sounds more legitimately pissed than trying to ruin your name for no reason, as most would be if they got scammed. I think it's a little passed the point now, but I think you should have gathered a few more details from her and expressed that you might have been a tool in someone elses sham.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:30 AM   #16
candace313
I tried to express this to her in the beginning. As soon as I asked her for a copy of the check she got defensive and then she wanted me to call her. From everything I've heard its best to communicate with matters like this in a written format so that you have proof of all contact. This is why I told her I prefer to communicate through email so we both had a copy of our communications. At this point the harassment begin. I get why someone would be pissed if their stuff is stolen.

What I don't get is if her story is legitimate how did the transaction occur and why would a check be taken that's not in the same name as the buyers name? From what I was told in the first emails Kira bought the reptiles with my check. I don't know anyone that would take a check from someone that has another persons name on it. In addition to this why can't proof of the check be given to me?

Either way if Renee really did receive a check in my name from Kira why wouldn't she provide proof, then I can press charges and she as well can press charges against the offender, Kira? It just doesn't add up to me. With all the harassment and no proof it looks to me like she is just doing this for some messed up kicks. After all it would take less effort to just send me a copy of the check than all of this mess that she has created.

One of the biggest reasons I find her story unbelievable in addition to there being no copy of the check is that she knows who I rent from and other information that could only be known by someone that has known me.

I am currently speaking with a lawyer and we are building a case against the two, Renee and Kira.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:11 PM   #17
Onetruesikorsky
Quote:
Originally Posted by candace313 View Post
I am currently speaking with a lawyer and we are building a case against the two, Renee and Kira.
Good luck! I think you have a very worthy case with a very high likelihood for a win.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:39 PM   #18
candace313
Thank you. I just hate that it has had come to this.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:21 PM   #19
lauraleellbp
Best of luck getting this all sorted out, sounds like a mess!!!

Old 06-20-2011, 07:11 AM   #20
heathacat
Oh wow. It does seem like it could be your old roommate. :/ Best of luck with it all and I hope your lawyer scares the crap out of them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!