hognose ???????????? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-11-2004, 10:44 AM   #1
birdeboy
hognose ????????????

hello folks was woundering if any one could indentafy what kinda hognose snake i have i thinks its a female hognose was looking at some pictuers on a site the tail on this snake is kinda to the shorter side so i figuerd it was a female hog nose she ranges from 24 inches to 26 inches long seems healthy i just dont know what kinda hog nose she is i cought her in the lubbock texas area and is a great snake i got pictuers of her but i dont know how to post then on this site if u want a pictuer of her or what ever email me at luis@nts-online.net or add me on yahoo messenger id is lgarcia792002 i cand send pictuers this way but if some one can help me please do so so i can see what kind she is thanks alot very much

Old 06-11-2004, 11:15 AM   #2
Glenn Bartley
Save the picture on your desktop with a file extension of .JPG then when you want to post it here click on reply, when the reply field comes up look near the bottom of the screen that is showing, there will be an Attach file section with a button that says Browse..., click on that button then a window should pop up with a small area that asks where you want to look for the file you want to use, click on the desktop, scroll through the desktop files, then double click that file, that should make the file pathway appear in the small box next to where it said Browse and when you then submit your reply the ic should show on the the post. Let's see if I got that right, an pardon me but it is a new PC wiothout any of my herp photos loaded onto it yet...
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2004, 04:30 PM   #3
Glenn Bartley
I'll never know how that is about the only pic I already have saved on my PC. Oh well, the fish was thrown back after the goodbye kiss...

Old 06-11-2004, 04:35 PM   #4
birdeboy
hognose????

hear is one pictuer of him or her hope this shows thanks alot for the help let me know somthing yall thansk alot
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2004, 04:40 PM   #5
birdeboy
hognose ????

hear some more pictuers not good pictuers but hear are some
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2004, 04:45 PM   #6
birdeboy
hognose ?????

hear one more
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2004, 04:46 PM   #7
Glenn Bartley
Well if I have it right the only Hognose Snakes native to Texas are the Western Hognose and the Eastern Hognose. Southern Hognose Snakes are not native to Texas. Your's definitely loooks like a Western to me. It certainly does not look like an eastern from ones I have seen here in the northeast anyhow.

If this snake is not readily feeding on rodents, you may have a problem feeding it anything other than toads, snakes or lizards.

All the ebst,
Glenn B

Old 06-11-2004, 06:51 PM   #8
birdeboy
ya thanks for your opinion but i dont think i will be keeping this snake as a pet more then likly sell it or somthing so im gonna sell it or trade it for somthing if any ones interested in him email me or post what yall will offer on this snake thanks alot hope to hear from some one soont hanks alot email luis@nts-online.net

Old 06-11-2004, 10:24 PM   #9
Glenn Bartley
Up until the time you sell or trade it you may want to try to feed it, just to keep it healthy. Try a small mouse about crawler sized. Try a live one then a freshly killed one. If it takes that it maybe easier to sell.

Old 06-12-2004, 02:35 PM   #10
dirt hawk
texas

is it legal to sell trade or barter native wild life in texas?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!