Inquiry MJC Serpents... - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-04-2014, 04:06 PM   #31
mjcballpythons
boa feeding

And anyone who doesnt know what sort of damage it does to overfeed them (a two month old Boa being fed TWO SMALL RATS PER WEEK) should not own a boa. that's all i am going to say.

Old 10-04-2014, 04:13 PM   #32
mjcballpythons
one final word

All i am going to say from here on out is any negativity with no conclusive answers is invalid to me. I will not let my anger fuel all these idiots with nothing better to do than come up with stories. I will continue to buy, breed, and sell. I believe that I provide the best care that I can and also provide the best customer service i can. I bent over backwards for all of my customers and they appreciate it. They matter. This BS doesn't matter. This won't ruin my future. If you don't feel like you can trust me, then don't do business with me. Simple as that.
The herp community sticking together, smh.

Old 10-04-2014, 04:20 PM   #33
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcballpythons View Post
And anyone who doesnt know what sort of damage it does to overfeed them (a two month old Boa being fed TWO SMALL RATS PER WEEK) should not own a boa. that's all i am going to say.
You didn't state that." Two small rats a week"

You stated.
Quote:
Just got one of the phone calls I dread - one of the baby Boas I shipped out over a month ago died today. My first question: "How often were you feeding him?" Sure enough, he was being fed weekly. It was explained to me how yesterday and today his body temperature was cold and he didn't seem right. So I am 99% sure that he suffered organ failure due to eating too often. This is the thing with Boas, they can't be fed like we feed our Balls. They can't be allowed to grow too fast either. They are too sensitive. And now I am totally bummed
You then replied neonates should be feed once every two weeks.

Quote:
Babies a mouse once every two weeks. Adults a rat every two weeks or less if its holding a good weight
Which, I will follow up with

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyorchid View Post
Also since when does a snake die from organ failure within such a short amount of time from "being over fed"? That just doesn't make sense to me at all, as I've been feeding my snakes once a week for YEARS (2005 to be exact) . I've never lost a snake, nor have I ever heard of anyone else losing a snake due to "over feeding" or "organ failure" due to over feeding. If this is true, wouldn't A LOT of people being having their collections die off left and right due to "organ failure from over feeding"?

Yeah, that was garbage. Every BCI litter I have had has been fed every week with no problems. Been doing it for a decade now.

Most that I know recommends feeding once a week for neonates. Some feed at 5 days. I know one who feeds every ten.

The first question she asked was, How often did you feed it after a month?

Her immediate response was "It died of organ failure, your fault"

That's not cool. Whoever bought this snake that died was feed a line. She's not qualified to make that clam, didn't have any evidence of it and you deserve a better answer.

I can tell you ever person that I can think of that has a household name and has provided neonate guides suggests feeding them once a week. Like I stated, I know one that feeds every 10 days.

Someone who has been keeping snakes a year telling someone how their snake died without the experience or knowledge is wrong. You have no business claiming such.

Old 10-04-2014, 04:23 PM   #34
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
You didn't state that." Two small rats a week"

You stated.

You then replied neonates should be feed once every two weeks.

Which, I will follow up with

Yeah, that was garbage. Every BCI litter I have had has been fed every week with no problems. Been doing it for a decade now.

Most that I know recommends feeding once a week for neonates. Some feed at 5 days. I know one who feeds every ten.

The first question she asked was, How often did you feed it after a month?

Her immediate response was "It died of organ failure, your fault"

That's not cool. Whoever bought this snake that died was feed a line. She's not qualified to make that clam, didn't have any evidence of it and you deserve a better answer.

I can tell you ever person that I can think of that has a household name and has provided neonate guides suggests feeding them once a week. Like I stated, I know one that feeds every 10 days.

Someone who has been keeping snakes a year telling someone how their snake died without the experience or knowledge is wrong. You have no business claiming such.
And I don't feed mice to my boas.

Old 10-04-2014, 04:26 PM   #35
mjcballpythons
fault

I also did not say "your fault" to the person who owned that snake. I talked with him on the phone and that is the conclusion we came to without a necropsy. And at the end of the phone call he was talking about getting another snake from me.

Old 10-04-2014, 04:28 PM   #36
mjcballpythons
and also

You also did not read the comments to my status. I said what tha snake was being fed in the comments but none of you know how to read. Mice is totally fine to feed once a week. But not rats. Especially two small rats per week. I feed one rat pink/fuzzy to my boa every two weeks. That snake was 3x the size of the rest of his litter mates. That should tell you something. I am not hating on the owner or blaming him for over feeding either. He learned his lesson the hard way and we would both gladly do business with each other again.

Old 10-04-2014, 04:38 PM   #37
mjcballpythons
oh..

Also, no the pet shop is not run by my father. Its run by a man I met two months ago when he opened this shop. He took me under his wing to grow my business and allowed me to join his shop as a subsidiary LLC. I am not related to him in any way. We even have totally different origins. He is green and i am french/polish lol. Boy the LIES you people spread.

Old 10-04-2014, 05:41 PM   #38
Dennis Hultman
I also want to make sure everyone knows I'm not knocking feeding at ten days.

I know many also recommend it as well. 7-10, 10-12 or 10-14 are suggested all over the place.

The point I was trying to make is that if you are feeding an appropriate size prey once a week it's not going to cause organ failure. Many do and have done it for a very long time with zero problems.

Old 10-04-2014, 06:35 PM   #39
bobbafett
I never said it WAS your fathers store. I said I heard that it was.

So then this boa died and you assume it was organ failure? Why didn't you tell them to get a necropsy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-04-2014, 07:47 PM   #40
Pink Lady Exotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbafett View Post

Screenshot where she says the buyers necropsies showed inclusive bodies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, it says the SELLER'S necropsies showed inclusions.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!