Top Shelf Exotics (Inquiry) - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-16-2006, 10:38 AM   #31
Scott Ashton
I was under the impression that Chris was no longer directly involved in the BP side of the business.

I distinctly recall an individual asking about animals (in chat) during a sale and him indicating that he should speak with 2 other individuals because they were handling the BP side of the business. I don't know their relationship to the business, although I had the impression that they were his partners.

Old 04-16-2006, 10:48 AM   #32
Cat_72
Scott, that is what Chris told me as well.

Old 04-16-2006, 10:57 AM   #33
tejasranger
Meet Your Commitments, Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@TSE
I apologize for my illness, apparently things have been hectic for the guys but they are trying their very best. Please be patient.

PS. I am not up to communicating via a BOI thread at the moment so you will have to excuse me... this will be my only response to this post. I was alerted via email by a few members and figured some sort of acknowledgement was required and you guys summed most of it up in a nutshell for us. I thank you, you guys are great. I hope to be back around soon. Praises, complaints, questions, anything can be sent to sales@topshelfexotic.com as this thread will not be monitored. The guys have better things to do, like ship orders!

Take care guys
Well that's just pitiful! Chris doesn't feel like communicating! That is old news baby, you haven't felt like communicating throughout this whole transaction. You certainly felt well enough to deposit everyones money. How can you ignore the FACT that you seem to have the inmates in charge of the asylum in your absence. "The Guys" are ruining you reputation, and if you fail to step in as the owner (read responsible party) then you deserve it. I cannot see the problem with picking up a phone (you have my number) getting someone (maybe your nurse or mommy) to dial it for you, and explain to me why you haven't shipped my snakes. What makes you feel that you have some special right to ignore your customers, and give them attitude. As I stated in the first line of this reply "That's just pitiful".

Bob England

Old 04-16-2006, 11:14 AM   #34
varnyard
As I said before, I cannot speak for Chris. I do know for a fact that Robert and Cathy are both great people to deal with. I do not understand this whole (Not Shipping thing). I sell all year, and regardless of the weather I ship in a timely manner. I have not had any DOAs yet. I think it is just bad business not to ship after a sale. If the package is put together right and the right heat packs are used, then weather is not a issue. JMHO.
BTW, before someone thinks, or says I don't sell much. I do all the time. I am one of the largest (Live animal) sellers on Reptile Auctions.
I do not hold orders, unless the customers request it, or planes are grounded.

Old 04-16-2006, 11:52 AM   #35
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejasranger
(maybe your nurse or mommy)
Bob, this is not appropriate.
I hope you receive your snakes soon, and you have every right to express that you are unhappy with the delay you have experienced in this deal. Making a record here by talking about your business experience with a particular vendor is exactly what this forum is for.
But this sort of demeaning and derogatory statement is neither businesslike nor fruitful.

Old 04-16-2006, 12:11 PM   #36
tejasranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
Bob, this is not appropriate.
I hope you receive your snakes soon, and you have every right to express that you are unhappy with the delay you have experienced in this deal. Making a record here by talking about your business experience with a particular vendor is exactly what this forum is for.
But this sort of demeaning and derogatory statement is neither businesslike nor fruitful.
Lucille,

My bad, just frustrated by the arrogance displayed by Chris, in his thinking that he somehow has a god given right to ignore his customers.

Old 04-16-2006, 12:44 PM   #37
Chris@TSE
Simply put I am more concerned with becoming well than to listen to people blame me for transactions I had no part in. Lets make this very simple for you, you probably know more about what is going on than I do. I currently spend between 18 and 20 hours a day in bed. I rarely am up to checking correspondence, and my reputation at this poitn is of little concern as I am uncertain if I will even be returning at this point. If you have a problem with your transaction I suggest you take it up with Patrick and Glenn whom you have been dealing with all along. I am sorry you have encountered delay but I am sure they have plenty on their plates and they are doing the best that they can. From what I have seen some waiting much longer than you who have been very patient, god bless them. I can certainly understand why you may be encountering problems corresponding, if I had received any emails from you similar in attitude to what you have posted here I would not be "jumping" to reply either. Try losing the attitidue perhaps, you catch more flies with honesy or something like that... =]

Hope you are pleased when you receive your animals and I do hope that everything works out with you guys, you can remove me from the equation thank you very much. I have absolutely no place in this matter any longer and have not for quite some time. Have a good easter. I can be reached at cjohnson@topshelfexotic.com. I do apologize if it takes me a while to respond. I do not exactly check it every day.

Old 04-16-2006, 12:53 PM   #38
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
I do not understand this whole (Not Shipping thing). I sell all year, and regardless of the weather I ship in a timely manner. I have not had any DOAs yet. I think it is just bad business not to ship after a sale. If the package is put together right and the right heat packs are used, then weather is not a issue. JMHO.
BTW, before someone thinks, or says I don't sell much. I do all the time. I am one of the largest (Live animal) sellers on Reptile Auctions.
I do not hold orders, unless the customers request it, or planes are grounded.
There're are extremes on both ends. I can understand based on Chris's location. On the opposite end, if you ship in or out of to AZ during parts of the year your asking for trouble as well. Not worth the risks to the animal in my opinion. As long as it is stated that the weather isn’t optimal at the time of purchase, nothing wrong with a delay of this nature.

Old 04-16-2006, 12:55 PM   #39
Chris@TSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejasranger
Lucille,

My bad, just frustrated by the arrogance displayed by Chris, in his thinking that he somehow has a god given right to ignore his customers.
No. I have more important things to worry about honestly. Not to be rude sir but in all technical terms you are not my customer. I removed myself from operations back in late October. As of this moment I have no intentions of involving myself in operations until my health improves. My health is my first and only concern at the moment as it should be. When I improve I will decide how to involve myself in the business again, if at all. I cannot concern myself with such things now. I should not have even replied to this post in the first place but I thought I should at the very least address it since people seem to love to toss my name around in matters that did not directly involve me. Granted they have run into hard times in my absence but even if I were around I do not think I could have done much better anticipating the crummy weather we were hit with this season. It was quite unfortunate. Again, please be patient. They are doing their best. Hope you enjoy your snakes and the holiday. Take care.

Old 04-16-2006, 01:00 PM   #40
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@TSE
Simply put I am more concerned with becoming well than to listen to people blame me for transactions I had no part in. .
This is a valuable post. I think people may buy from Top Shelf based on reputation, if Chris is no longer part of the transaction, the reputation of Top Shelf will change based on the service of the people who now run it. So actually, this thread may establish what to expect from those who now actually do the transactions.

Business aside I think I speak for everyone in wishing Chris a safe a speedy recovery to his illness.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!