Bad Guy Samantha Walters / A&S Reptiles - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:35 AM   #101
Willow
dishonest sellers*** hah

Old 07-17-2012, 02:00 AM   #102
RJK890
Samantha has at least manipulated the information that she made available, and omitted information that should have been disclosed.
She may have even outright lied, just to pawn off a problem feeder on an unsuspecting buyer.

So, Why take her word that this animal lost and regained 50% of her body weight ?
The buyer did not weigh the animal to confirm the 2k+g when the purchase was made.

I think the 1600-1700g snake probably had a meal or two in it's belly when Samantha took that weight, or it was exaggerated to begin with.
A 1600-1700g snake with a decent sized meal in it's belly, and a tall drink of water could weigh in at 2k+g, only to go off feed after moving out, and lose the weight of the gutload.

If she is to be labeled a "Bad Guy" because of dishonesty, misrepresentation, lack of integrity, and poor customer service, I think she may have earned it.
However, I don't think she should be accused of selling sickly animals that are loaded with internal parasites, until an actual fecal is done and there is a vet report that can be posted to confirm it.

Samantha, can you post the animals feed card from the time it was in your care ?

Old 07-17-2012, 02:13 AM   #103
Willow
Trust me...its been on my mind the whole time that she has no idea what shes talking about when it comes to the weight of that snake lol...but she is the one saying it was 2k when she bought it...it dropped 1k in her care...then gained it back in her care

So...since she is the one who claimed the 1000 gram loss and regain, why argue with her?? I would understand if the buyer made that claim...but the seller made it...who the heck would make a claim like that if they had a single clue how to properly care for and sell animals. She still claims that a situation like that is a healthy snake lol...that makes me wonder if she honestly knows what a healthy snake even is.

A fecal will be done to check for parasites...if it has none...methods will be looked at to get it eating...and Samantha will have shoved her foot so far down her own throat she will be pooping out her own toes

Old 07-17-2012, 02:27 AM   #104
Willow
Even if the snake did not lose and regain 50%....she is still claiming that situation would be a healthy animal...she refuses to acknowledge that if what she says is actually true...that is a SICK snake is any sane keepers eyes. Even without parasites involved...something is wrong in a snake that loses and regains 50% body weight in 6 months.

Is this not highly worrisome coming from someone who has kept snakes for 5 years and is now breeding and selling them?

Old 07-17-2012, 02:36 AM   #105
Willow
Also...considering she claimed it only ate small rats because it was scared of anything bigger...I doubt a small rat inside of a 1700 gram snake is going to make a scale say 2k

Old 07-17-2012, 02:54 AM   #106
RJK890
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK890 View Post
Samantha has at least manipulated the information that she made available, and omitted information that should have been disclosed.
She may have even outright lied, just to pawn off a problem feeder on an unsuspecting buyer.

So, Why take her word that this animal lost and regained 50% of her body weight ?
The buyer did not weigh the animal to confirm the 2k+g when the purchase was made.

I think the 1600-1700g snake probably had a meal or two in it's belly when Samantha took that weight, or it was exaggerated to begin with.
A 1600-1700g snake with a decent sized meal in it's belly, and a tall drink of water could weigh in at 2k+g, only to go off feed after moving out, and lose the weight of the gutload.

If she is to be labeled a "Bad Guy" because of dishonesty, misrepresentation, lack of integrity, and poor customer service, I think she may have earned it.
However, I don't think she should be accused of selling sickly animals that are loaded with internal parasites, until an actual fecal is done and there is a vet report that can be posted to confirm it.

Samantha, can you post the animals feed card from the time it was in your care ?
Samantha, please post the animals feed card from the time it was in your care ?

Old 07-17-2012, 03:47 AM   #107
ReptileGeek181
I think Samantha has washed her hands of this thread and hoping all this blows over.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:23 AM   #108
Willow
For once Eddie, I have to agree with you lol. it's good to know what people out there will simply run away from their problems rather then own up and be adult about them.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #109
reticguy76
Its never an "excuse" but look at her age. It says it all.

Old 07-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #110
millipede
Something that bothers me about how many of these threads are handled is that people automatically go in on the seller. She may be in the wrong about a lot of things but what do the confrontational posts accomplish? The first course of action, after identifying who the 'bad guy' is, should be to encourage said 'bad guy' to make things right. I'm convinced people chased the seller away so they could bash her. Maybe if people were a little more accommodating we could have gotten her to send money for the vet. It's a fact of life that all sellers aren't going to have the perfect attitude or knowledge. I feel like this is being blown out of proportion. I feel she got her facts wrong and made a few mistakes that she refuses to own up to, and has too much pride to apologize after what's happened here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!