Terri Sommella Fire and Ice Dragons -- Nightmare - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-21-2004, 04:04 PM   #111
CheriS
Well, I do not think you absorbed much of what you read.

Not every breeder is the same thank you, but BOI sure helps sort who is and who is not. I have found many good breeders on here and ones I am proud to call friends and good breeders. I also have learned of the ones to avoid like a plague. We also know some that will eventually end up here due to their business practices.

And as far as reptile shows, I could show you just as many that we know beyond doubt, use those for dumping grounds of problems, as ones that carry quality healthy animals, its not the location radiant dragons, its the person.

Bunching all into the same catagory as some is wrong. Calling someone a whinner because they got ripped off and warn others and telling them to take care of their dragon, seems to be what those following the same practice want others to do.

The old shut up, go away and let me do business as usual routine

Old 12-21-2004, 05:18 PM   #112
Rockford
Yeah....I have to agree with Cheri on that one.

Radiant's post is one of those that I just shake my head at. Sorry dude, looks like your new here but the BOI is serving a purpose. If you wasted your time reading the thread then why would you waste your time posting garbage?

Generalizing breeders is pretty lame. I know plenty of breeders that aren't in it just for the cash and they don't label everything as holdbacks. If you could stay at home and breed reptiles, I guess it would be about the money too but all jobs that you perform are about the money in some degree, right? I think most breeders could probably find an easier way to make income but they actually enjoy working with the animals. When you enjoy what you do, it will show through your work. Maybe Terri does not enjoy it 100%. After this whole thread she really ought to think about why she does it.

I don't think anyone is whining here. I believe that Jonathan has handled this situation in a more than professional manner. If you had spent $500 dollars on an animal and was treated the way he was I have a feeling there might be some whining judging by your post.

Please read the whole thread again.

Happy Holidays!!!

Bthacker

Old 12-21-2004, 08:19 PM   #113
Lynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiant dragons
I CANT BELIEVE I WASTED TIME READING ALL THIS CRAP every breeder is the same{all about the money} i would spend 500 on a pair but not one dragon . U got ripped off for 5oo no big deal take care of your dragon stopp whinin get on with your life 4 CRYIN OUT LOUD. all breeders say there holdbacks {yeah right} when i got the same for less and probably better color. fire and ice has nice dragons but they are a bit pricey go to a reptile show u could ve found what u where looking for 400 less
All breeders say they are their holdbacks because they are.. Yes we do hold back the best for last or for our future breeding projects. I am a breeder and I do not charge high prices but produce very nice color.. I charge market value.. If a dragon is high in color and I want it bad enough I would pay the amount of money asked as long as I got the dragon I wanted and was offered....
I thing you need to read all this crap over (as you call it).. Then get back to us...

Old 12-21-2004, 08:59 PM   #114
Rockford
Lynn- I am sure you sell your holdbacks as holdbacks but I have encountered breeders and brokers selling holdbacks when they really aren't. They are just labeled as such. I didn't say every breeder just some. I have a post a couple of pages back regarding this topic.

I honestly believe that Terri labels her regualr stock as "holdbacks" to entice buyer's but that is just my opinion. I don't know her but judging from her business practices I am left with this conclusion.

Anyway, thanks for being a responsible breeder/seller.

Bthacker

Old 12-21-2004, 09:54 PM   #115
beardiecrazy
I fully agree.....I see many breeders advertising 4-8 week old and calling them holdbacks....good potential, or possible holdbacks yes....true holdbacks no, with one or two sheds you have no idea their real potential....

Old 12-21-2004, 10:42 PM   #116
Chris@TSE
The term "hold-back" holds little to no value with me any longer. The only hold-backs I consider true hold-backs are specimens I hold for breeding purposes and up selling due to project changes or simliar circumstances which allow me to part with said specimens. No one sells thier hold-backs unless they have to for one reason or another, thus defeating the purpose of all these breeders calling nearly everything they produce hold-backs....Simply producing a nice specimen and selling it as such is not enough, they have to give it a name in order to make the buyer feel that it is MORE special that it truley is. Quite aggrivating to say the least. I usually give people advertising specimens as hold-backs the third degree, asking them why the specimen is labeled as a hold-back, ect. Usually I get the same answer... "It's much better than its clutchmates".... well then shouldnt it just be a very nice specimen? A hold back is something you keep..... not sell. lol Maybe im just ranting endlessly, I still find it amusing though.

Happy holidays everyone!

Old 12-21-2004, 11:55 PM   #117
thecobrakid
Talking Bench Warrant Issued:

On this day, Wednesday, December 22, 2004, the Fauna BOI Court is assuming jurisdiction over the complaints and conflicts of Jonathon Newsome, by and between himself (Jonathon Newsome) hereinafter referred to as, "Plantiff", and Terri Somella of Fire and Ice Dragons, hereinafter referred to as "Defendent", initially filed on October 11, 2004. The following listed complaints are subject to review by the Fauna BOI Court.

*Bad Dealer Dealing
*Poor Customer service
*Rennig Guarantee
*Status Fabrication
-Count 1 Tenure Fabrication
*Contempt of Fauna BOI Court
-Count 1 -Ignore Subpoena to BOI 10/11/04
-Count 2 -Ignore Subpoena to BOI 10/20/04
*Excessive advertising of "holdbacks"

I, the Honorable Jason Shephard, am ordering a BENCH WARRANT for the arrest of Ms. Terri Somella of Fire and Ice Dragons. After Ms. Somella is taken into custody she will be brought before Jason Shephard and the BOI to dispute these claims. The following thread is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge.

Bond Setting: $500 + Shipping + Return Shipping Fees + Apology

So Be It,

The Honorable (Herper Elect) Jason Shephard

Old 12-22-2004, 12:40 AM   #118
chris allen
Cheri I still like reading your postings. I never dealt with fire and ice personally and have only heard mixed opinions of dealing with her. I have no idea though why someone would not provide pictures of specific animals......especially "higher end" dragons. I cant stand when people dont own up to their wrong doing.........it happens to all of us at one time or another, its just a matter of doing the right thing to correct it.

That baby from Matt is awesome Cheri.

Old 12-22-2004, 12:47 AM   #119
Rockford
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecobrakid
On this day, Wednesday, December 22, 2004, the Fauna BOI Court is assuming jurisdiction over the complaints and conflicts of Jonathon Newsome, by and between himself (Jonathon Newsome) hereinafter referred to as, "Plantiff", and Terri Somella of Fire and Ice Dragons, hereinafter referred to as "Defendent", initially filed on October 11, 2004. The following listed complaints are subject to review by the Fauna BOI Court.

*Bad Dealer Dealing
*Poor Customer service
*Rennig Guarantee
*Status Fabrication
-Count 1 Tenure Fabrication
-Count 1 -Ignore Subpoena to BOI 10/11/04
-Count 2 -Ignore Subpoena to BOI 10/20/04
*Excessive advertising of "holdbacks"

I, the Honorable Jason Shephard, am ordering a BENCH WARRANT for the arrest of Ms. Terri Somella of Fire and Ice Dragons. After Ms. Somella is taken into custody she will be brought before Jason Shephard and the BOI to dispute these claims. The following thread is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge.

Bond Setting: $500 + Shipping + Return Shipping Fees + Apology

So Be It,

The Honorable (Herper Elect) Jason Shephard
Hella funny!!! Hey Judge Shephard how long is a bench warrant good for? I mean is there a statute of limitations on it? And what kind of sentence does count 2 carry?

Juror number 7

Bthacker

Old 12-22-2004, 01:17 AM   #120
thecobrakid
*Contempt of Fauna Boi Court
-Count 2 Ignore BOI Subpoena

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!