Anyone delt with Rian @undergroundreptiles.com? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-26-2004, 01:31 AM   #1
smokedopeandrap
Anyone delt with Rian @undergroundreptiles.com?

They have an add for a pair of cave geckos for $125 w/shipping.They claim they are eating good and in good health.I just wanted to know if antone has delt with them or if they know somone that has .Does anyone know if they are legit and have healthy animals.Just thought i would ask before i get a few pairs.Thanks

Old 06-26-2004, 02:23 AM   #2
seven serpents
i have delt with him once at a show on a supposed captive born animal. it died two weeks later. i also know many people who have been very upset with his business. there was a posting on here somewhere about a guy that bought an egyptian uro.

Old 06-26-2004, 03:23 AM   #4
smokedopeandrap
Thanks

I dont think ill be getting them after reading about alot of their reptiles getting sick and dieing.It appears that they compinsated most of the time but i would like to just have to make 1 transaction and not have to wait months if somthing does happen.Thanks guys for letting me know

Old 06-26-2004, 07:51 AM   #5
cdcrowley
Thumbs up multiple positive dealings

hey i have purchased a few chondros from underground and they are some of the my best looking. i have had them for almsot 3 years with out any problems. i will definitly buy from them again!
charlie

Old 06-26-2004, 10:29 AM   #6
Gary Schiavino
Thumbs up OK by me

Hi Guys,

Sorry to read about the negative experiences with Rian at Underground Reptiles, but on the two occassions I purchased animals from him, I've been very pleased with our transactions.

The animals were packed well, looked great, and Rian always corresponded in a timely fashion.

Hope my input helps in some way.

Many thanks,
Gary Schiavino

Old 06-26-2004, 02:53 PM   #7
vakejairam
Back in Dec. 2003 I read a few negative things about Underground Reptiles, and was quite reluctant to purchase from them. I spoke with Rian and voiced my concerns about a few things I read on the BOI board.

He guaranteed me a healthy animal, and without a doubt my chondro was awesome! I've had him now for about 6-7 months and he's lookin'/doin' great!

Vake Jairam

Old 06-26-2004, 04:20 PM   #8
smokedopeandrap
I think i might talk to him about some of the things on here and see if guarantees a healthy arrival.The $125 for a pair shipped of the cave geckos is the best ive seen yet.Does anyone know where they might be cheaper but also healthy.I guess ill see what he says and if he guarantees them then i might start of with a pair then maybe more.Thanks for all the info eveyone has provided.

Old 06-26-2004, 09:08 PM   #9
pigeonss
Rian-Underground Reptiles

Hi
I have purchased nine ornate uro's from him. They were advertised as c/b and healthy which was not the case. These were sick and totally dehydrated. I cannot understand how a person can sell animals in this shape and claim they are c/b and healthy. One was dead two days later and within the next 3 weeks 4 more died even after taking them to a vet on three different occassions. If he would have been straight from the start and advertised them as fresh wild caught and dehydrated, which this is the way they were, I would never have bought them to begin with. Who knows, maybe he knows a little more about snakes, I know he doesn't know much about lizards. It's not hard to see any type of animal that is dehydrated and wilting away. My advise would be to use a credit card, this way if it is not received the way it was advertised you have some recourse.

Bruce Gaudet

Old 06-26-2004, 09:17 PM   #10
Hard2FindHerps
I just wanted to say that Rian is a business man before an animal lover. The dollar is what he wants not the well being of the animal. He runs a huge shop full of all kinds of neat animals but I still wouldnt buy from him. I know first hand how he takes money from innocent people. See my post on the thread about the uros. If you want to sum up Rian just look at my first two lines.

Thanks,
michael tragash

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!