How to get rid of baby dragons? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
enharmonic
How to get rid of baby dragons?

For those of you that make a living off of bearded dragons.. how do you do it?
How do you find people to buy enough dragons to actually make it worth doing at all? Do retail suppliers buy from private breeders?

Just curious. I haven't bred any of my dragons, but if I do, I'd like to have a better grasp of what other people are doing to keep themselves from having tons of babies with no one to sell them to.

Also, I'm talking more along the lines of whole selling normal dragons. I can post an add for a translucent on this very website, and have it fly out the window, but i'm more interested in how you move the plain ol guys out the door.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:45 PM   #2
Ed Clark
Post an ad here in the classifieds for a 10 or 20 lot for sale,you can expect around $20.00 each for them. pet stores want normals.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:57 PM   #3
Snake-Queen
I sell my normal off-spring to my locally owned pet store & at shows. Not everyone wants a high dollar bearded dragon, some want the normals.

Old 10-11-2012, 02:24 AM   #4
DeMeNtEdDoGz
Ill occasionally post them here in bulk but most times i work with a local pet store and wholesale lots.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:56 PM   #5
jellyfishrhythm
If you start off in this "business" looking to make money, then this is not the business for you. I can count on one hand the number of people I know that make a really nice living off of breeding bearded dragons. The overhead costs of breeding dragons safely, efficiently, and ethically is massive, and recouping that cost through the sales of baby dragons is no easy task. Ask any of those real successful livelihood breeders, it takes a looooooong time to get there. A lot of your success as a small breeder depends on your location. Take my location for example - I live in Raleigh, NC. There are SEVERAL big name breeders in the immediate area - - - Carolina Classic Dragons, Carolina Designer Dragons, and a few others. Market is saturated for local sales, so if I were to breed dragons on some large scale, I'd probably have to hone my marketing skills and sales strategy a little and be creative. As my good friend Dave Freeman has told me (Carolina Classic Dragons), there's plenty of room for everyone, plenty of customers to go around. Consider your target audience before you start breeding, that would help an awful lot. Melissa is right, not everyone wants a $500 dragon. Just think about what your ultimate goal is. Good luck! :-)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!