A few words about the impending membership level change. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-17-2005, 11:11 PM   #21
Bringerofdoom
When you scroll down the screen they do look a little large. especially with the other lower level icons near it. Kinda almost intimidating, if you ask me

Old 02-18-2005, 12:36 AM   #22
Madd Season Morphs
I love those coins

Thoese RED coins are awesome..I wont cry..I dont have a Web site..Either way I want those coins...

Isaac Fields

Old 02-18-2005, 01:37 AM   #23
WebSlave
OK, ok, ok! I scaled them down a notch to the same size as the gold coins. is that better?

Old 02-18-2005, 05:09 AM   #24
Milwaukee Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaftail
I hereby state that I will not hold you to the free web hosting if you give me red coins.

AND... if everyone does not agree to this for you, if you upgrade me manually, I hereby state that not only will I not hold you to the free web hosting, but I will step up my existing policy of emailing interesting people on kingsnake privately and telling them about fauna.
In a word... Ditto.

Old 02-18-2005, 02:52 PM   #25
Bringerofdoom
Is there still a 500 post's = $10 membership? Just curious, cause i only seen the mention of it on the one page in the important stuff threads. I just did not know if it's still a idea, or is it being thrown out now? Trying to figure out where i stand, before the change is put in place.

Old 02-18-2005, 03:12 PM   #26
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringerofdoom
Is there still a 500 post's = $10 membership? Just curious, cause i only seen the mention of it on the one page in the important stuff threads. I just did not know if it's still a idea, or is it being thrown out now? Trying to figure out where i stand, before the change is put in place.
No, I am not going to implement it that way. I gave it a lot of thought, and although there are certainly good reasons to do that, there are also bad reasons as well. The biggest negative about it, in my opinion, is that it would completely negate one reason for charging a fee to establish a minimal credibility check on the BOI and classifieds. I think few people would doubt that there are long term members here that have posted more then 500 posts (most of them on the BOI to start with) who are not who they say they are. So with that in mind, I felt it would be best to wipe the slate clean, and start off fresh with a base level. Yeah, certainly $10 is not much of a hurtle for someone to get over if they REALLY wanted to be able to post on the BOI, but I do think it will get rid of a lot of the junk that really has no place there.

Obviously some people disagree with me over this, but I have not heard any opinions that have made me change my mind about posting on the BOI in relation to what I am putting into motion here. And with all things considered, off all the people giving comments, it does appear that the majority are on my side with this. Of course, it could certainly be that the REAL majority is silent and their votes won't be known until afterwards.

But from the way I'm looking at it, heck, what do I really have to lose either way?

Old 02-18-2005, 07:15 PM   #27
Bringerofdoom
Good idea rich, i was just making shure. I didn't want to come to fauna monday to post and find out then.

Now to find a way to explain the the mysterious pay-pal charge to my ol lady.....

Old 02-18-2005, 09:09 PM   #28
kiote9
1. I honestly don't think anyone expects their forum to turn into a 17,000 member site. Especially one of THIS magnitude! It was very generous of you to allow it to grow this large without asking for some type of compensation, but it's definitely time for you to get something back.

2. I don't care how big my medallion is, nor is the color important. It's enough to be here.

3. It'll probably be 2-3 years before I need webhosting, but when the time comes I will be more than happy to pay my own way, be it here or elsewhere. I ask for nothing for free and expect to get what I pay for!

4. Did I say thank you?

Old 02-18-2005, 09:48 PM   #29
Laura Fopiano
Although I don't post very often, this sight is the best help available to herper's and I was glad to recieve my email and make a donation. (even though I had to use hubbies paypal account) Thanx Rich!! This sight will grow stronger and continue to thrive!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!