The fair price. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-23-2011, 01:17 PM   #1
LaseyWasey
The fair price.

So i wanted to hunt around and see what are some true prices on boas. I know there are many different boas so ill list the ones im looking at.
Also note that im NOT looking for the asking price, im looking for the amount one has paid. For example my budy bought a sunglow motley for 1200. but the most common asking price ive seen is 1500. the true value being 1200.
please dont complicate the thread with negative remarks. Blue book value is what im looking for.

Snow
moonglow
blood
hypo het albino
albino mot
and any other boas that one has made a purchase on.

In relation to the post. I have a 08 male motley het albino. PROVEN and a sex beast. soon i will be selling him. what would be a fair asking price.

Old 12-24-2011, 08:38 AM   #2
Mainely Boas
I'm not trying to be negative, but why do you presume that the price your friend paid is the legitimate price?

Things are worth what someone is willing to pay. There will always be prevailing prices, but there is no standardized (blue book) price for boas. An animal is worth what you are willing to pay for it, or how much you would accept for it.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:34 AM   #3
Metachrosis
First an foremost is that its nobodies busness what you or anyone
pays or sells an animal for.
Pretty bold to ask/suggest people post such on a public forum

Old 12-24-2011, 11:19 AM   #4
hhmoore
Sounds like you are looking for low end animals...great way to start
More often than not, you get what you pay for.

Old 12-24-2011, 12:09 PM   #5
Uluru
Everybody loves a good deal or saving money. But a lot of people earn that by building relationships with breeders. Most breeders will offer a discount to repeat customers. And that discount is usually to remain a one on one private matter. Also if you are looking to save money ,going to a trade show is often a great way to save money. Just make an offer and worse that can happen is they say no. As long as you dont low ball and are reasonable about it its a great way to save a few bucks.

And getting what you pay for is definitely true , cheap is not always better. Quality is.

Another way to figure out the trends in the boa market is to watch it everyday. Know whats trending and the average prices going for particular morphs. If you spend some time on this it will be pretty easy to figure out what fair prices are on everything you posted. I know myself I look at the classifieds on this site as well as others every single day sometimes multiple times a day.

Old 12-24-2011, 12:23 PM   #6
hhmoore
Just remember that not everybody posts a price intending to do serious haggling. There are some that do; but there are plenty of people for whom their advertised price is their selling price. They might come down a little bit - emphasis on little - you can't always expect somebody to take lower offers.
Lead with an insulting offer, and you may find negotiations closed rather than started.

Old 12-24-2011, 12:39 PM   #7
Uluru
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Just remember that not everybody posts a price intending to do serious haggling. There are some that do; but there are plenty of people for whom their advertised price is their selling price. They might come down a little bit - emphasis on little - you can't always expect somebody to take lower offers.
Lead with an insulting offer, and you may find negotiations closed rather than started.

Old 12-24-2011, 12:40 PM   #8
Stryker414
There are too many variables (pattern, color, uniqueness, age, demand, etc.) to put a price on a particular morph. One motley, for example, may warrant a higher price in the eyes of the seller than another motley from the same litter. Nathan said it; check out other ads and visit some shows to see where the market is going.

In your case, you have to price your animal at what you believe its worth. If there is someone out there looking to expand on a motley project and is in need of your male, you may get what you believe the animal is worth or be offered what the seller believes it worth and it would be up to you two to agree on a price.

Old 12-24-2011, 12:47 PM   #9
LaseyWasey
"sighs"There is a web site for cars called kellybluebook. This is a site for people to get a good idea what the REAL sold prices are on cars. The idea isnt BOLD, its logical as a smart consumer. Its the same idea just with snakes.

"hhmoore".....its kinda mean to assume im shopping for low end animals. You should get a little more information before assuming my plans or thoughts. Im A Civil Engineer, i really dont think theres too much here that i cant afford.

As far as what my friend paid, he is not the only one who has gave me feedback about the sunglow motley. In fact i havnt ment a person who bought one within the last 6 months for more then 1400. the average is 1,250 out of the 4 people i spoke to.

Remeber the post was ment for me. When i sell or buy something, I want to be within the true market price so i dont over charge or over pay. I think the privacy issue comes from the person who spent so much money building into a project and gets a little upset at the cost dropping. This person dosnt like the idea of the public seeing a decline in the price, witch is understandable but get over it. As if any of the snakes i listed are 10-4 classifided

uluru, thanks for thoughts, i share some of you views

Old 12-24-2011, 01:14 PM   #10
hhmoore
Well, there is no Blue Book value, and anybody that says don't pay more than $____ is going to be limiting you. One person might post a sunglow motley for $1800, and sell it for $1200; somebody else might post one for $1800 and sell it for $1800....while somebody else might post one for $3250 and turn down offers of $3000.

You might not think you are looking for low end animals; but by starting your search focused on the lowest average selling prices, that's what you are most likely to get. Sorry if you feel that my statement was mean....but when people are looking for quality, THAT idea usually comes across pretty clearly.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!