Pattern help please - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
Varanis
Pattern help please

My wife is doing morphs and she has numerous color genetics and combinations,
She is considering getting one of the pattern morphs to add in eventually.
She is looking at Motley, Arabesque, and Jungle.
I was wondering what other pattern variations she could use?
which are dominant and recessive?
Could we see some pics of yours and get a general expected pricing for quality animals " not looking for bargain basement so so animals but good strong genetics and strong patterns she can pass on into her projects".
I am a locality person personally so not of a lot of help to her with the morphs any assistance would be appreciated.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:34 AM   #2
JCCS
Motley and Jungle are incomplete dominant, meaning that they have a visual super form. As of right now, it looks like arabesque is simple dominant, meaning that there is no definitively visual super form.

As for pricing, that's gonna vary a huge amount with the quality of the animal and the quality of the source. Putting a price on a boa morph is virtually impossible, each individual animal has their own value as they all look different.

Chris

Old 12-28-2011, 11:23 AM   #3
Varanis
I knew the motley and jungle have super forms and I have advised Mary stay away from the supers of these due to the issues with them.
So the arabesque is also a dominant if she decides on these she should have visual babies out of the 1st generation?

As for the price question she asked after seeing the Aztecs, 4k to 6k is a bit out of our price range at the moment 8)

Old 12-28-2011, 11:39 AM   #4
JCCS
She would get arabesques in the first generation, yes. As for the aztecs, I've seen those as low as a grand now. All three morphs you are considering would be significantly lower than that with the exception of a few spectacular animals.

Chris

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!