help identifing red tail boas - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 08:14 PM   #1
mikepanzarella
help identifing red tail boas

i got these two on trade i know their 2011 het albino red tail hatchlings but i dont know if they are columbian,peruvian or what not hoping someone can clue me in i dont work with these snakes i got them a little skinny going to get them back up and then trade or sell them and i dont want to rip myself or anyone off but it is my mistake from forgetting what the guy said
they are said to be from cutting edge breeders but his email seems to always be full and cant get a response
thanks again guy for all the help
mike
Attached Images

Old 12-28-2011, 09:11 PM   #2
JCCS
They look like Colombians. They also look a bit dehydrated, that should be easily enough fixed though.

Chris

Old 12-28-2011, 09:19 PM   #3
mikepanzarella
like i said thats the way i got them trying to get them back up to 100% what would be the best way to get them hydrated i have the water bowl and trying to raise the humidity btu the best means i have of that is i put plastic wrap over 75% of the screen top
im thinking of putting in a large dish so they can soak but there so small i dont know what size to use

Old 12-28-2011, 09:26 PM   #4
JCCS
For one, I'd lose the aquarium and go with rubbermaid tubs. Then you can soak them in luke warm water for an hour or so.

Chris

Old 12-28-2011, 09:41 PM   #5
mikepanzarella
i dont deal with snakes so i dont have racks or tubs
mainly deal with dragons those were toss ins on a trade for a dragon
i have 4 snakes all from trades 2 are ball pythons male spider and female reg the spider has mated with the reg and shes starting to show (takes soooooo long)
then the 2 boas i got last week on trade
as soon as she lays and gets a few feeding she will be up for sale/trade along with the spider male
i try my best to never sell/trade a unhealthy animal thats y i havnt posted the 2 boas yet i dont fell there up to par

Old 12-28-2011, 10:32 PM   #6
Metachrosis
To late for excuses,they are in your care
and now depend on you.
Walmart has plenty of tubs,heating pads
as well cheap temp/humidity gages in the pet dept.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:35 PM   #7
mikepanzarella
yeah i think im just going to let my friend who breeds snakes take care of them and just cut him in on the deal for the cost of housing and food they are babies any mistake can be their lives

Old 01-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #8
NCHornet
After you follow the great advice above go buy a decent camera because those are poorest pics I have seen in a while, lol!!! Good Luck.

Old 01-02-2012, 05:02 AM   #9
crotalusadamanteus
If they came from Russo, then your best bet for ID is to get info from him. Anything we tell you is a vague guess based on their looks alone, and that's not a very good way to ID them.

Wal-Mart sells sterlite tubs cheap enough. Get one for the purpose of soaking. It doesn't take a big one.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!