Inquiry Mike Shaffer Reptiles/ Shaffer Exotic Herps - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-11-2010, 12:00 AM   #1
HyderHouseHerps
Mike Shaffer Reptiles/ Shaffer Exotic Herps

I'm pretty sure these 2 are the same business, just a different name, but please correct me if I'm wrong. I am having trouble findind any feedback or reviews for either one. So far the website and ads look very professional and communication has been great...any other input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Old 01-11-2010, 12:15 AM   #2
garweft
I recently bought a male cinnamon ball python from Mike Shaffer. It is CinMaleMSR01 on his avaliable page (marked as sold of course). When he was first listed he was 250g, but when I bought him he was up over 600g easy. Nice big, healthy, clean snake. I would have no problems buying from him again.

I picked the snake up locally and the only thing I would change is my decision to drive through Pittsburgh a few days before Christmas to pick him up. I really don't want to be on the Parkway the night of Dec. 23 ever again.

But this snake was well worth it.

Old 01-11-2010, 12:27 AM   #3
garweft
I should add that I bought him from Mike Shaffer of http://www.mikeshafferreptiles.com/index.html. I am not sure if Shaffer Exotic Herps was an old website or different person? You could either ask him, or he might post here about that.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:17 AM   #4
mvite
I have come to know Mike through some local shows.

He's bought a number of animals from me and has always been a person of high integrity.

I consider Mike a good friend---and I'm usually not friends with buttheads.

Old 01-11-2010, 11:22 AM   #5
HyderHouseHerps
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvite View Post
I have come to know Mike through some local shows.

He's bought a number of animals from me and has always been a person of high integrity.

I consider Mike a good friend---and I'm usually not friends with buttheads.

lol Good to know. I don't like buttheads either! He's got some beautiful snakes.

Old 01-11-2010, 04:03 PM   #6
Mike Shaffer Reptiles
Thank you everyone for the kind words! I used to be under the name Shaffers Exotic Herps. I just thought Mike Shaffer Reptiles was more simple and well maybe not so weird looking, lol! Cindy I am getting you those pics tonight. I will send them to you as soon as I am finished. Thank you!

Old 02-25-2010, 10:03 PM   #7
Keefer's Reptiles
Good guy!

Mike is a great guy. I just bought 3 nice sized normal females from him for a nice small price. He responded very fast to all my questions and shipped them out the next night for me. All three are in great shape and look very nice! He had they packed up very good too. I would recommend Mike to anyone!

Old 02-26-2010, 02:52 AM   #8
HyderHouseHerps
Thanks I ended up buying a male mojave ball from him, we're just waiting for all this cold weater to go away to ship. Mike has been great throughout the whole process though, very informative and patient. Super communication!

Old 02-26-2010, 07:59 AM   #9
Mike Shaffer Reptiles
Thank you Kieth and Kathy! Im glad you like them! Its always easy to treat someone with respect when they are such nice people! The customers make all the difference!

Cindy, I cant wait to get that Mojave to you! I know you will love him! Take care!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!