Opinions on this female Boa... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-16-2011, 10:04 AM   #1
DustinThompson
Opinions on this female Boa...

I recently acquired this girl and I am back and forth on keeping her. She is about 9ft and very thick. I am trying to downsize some of my boas due to space, but every time I get her out, I reconsider. Not sure what is going on with her...any ideas as to what she is (I know, a big redtail...haha). I am thinking salmon, had someone say she looked like a super salmon. In the first photo she is pictured with a hypo male (her tail is the top) and to the left. These pictures really due no justice, but they are the best I have right now. Will email larger pictures or text them to anyone interested in helping. Thank you.
Dustin Thompson
662-415-7539 (call or text)
joedustinthompson@hotmail.com

Old 09-16-2011, 10:27 AM   #2
JCCS
She's a normal boa with some funky markings. She does look like she might be a hypo sibling, but she's not a hypo.

Chris

Old 09-18-2011, 08:48 AM   #3
apreske
She almost looks like a jungle to me because of some of the markings she has. Good luck!

Old 09-18-2011, 10:11 AM   #4
DustinThompson
Yeah, I was thinking she looked like a jungle also. She's definitely not "normal" but not sure what she is.

Old 09-18-2011, 07:25 PM   #5
Metachrosis
Looks like standard issue Colombian X Central
The ventral coloration suggest maybe Hog or even Nic,either way
its really nothing.

What it is,is a living animal that should be afforded reasonable care

Old 12-06-2011, 02:18 AM   #6
Ruffest
About the pics

I had a 6 ft red tail that died on me this past saturday, a few days before that she was taken to a few vets to get look after, all 3 vets said the same thing, its an infection in the snake, the underbelly of your snake is identical to the same markings that was on mine, get it looked after cause before I knew it she was dead.

Old 12-08-2011, 12:17 PM   #7
Utta
Shes a normal. not a jungle, and not a hypo.

Old 12-08-2011, 12:38 PM   #8
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utta View Post
Shes a normal. not a jungle, and not a hypo.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:19 AM   #9
lavy&purple retics
Looks like a normal to me a nice color to her with some thin markings overall pretty boa I would keep her.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:07 PM   #10
crotalusadamanteus
I think its a BCc/BCi cross myself. Reason being I just see too many similarities to the ones I have. The funky markings and the highlights that surround them, the color also. Got a top view of the head?

But not Hypo or super IMO

[EDIT to add photo]

This is a non hypo cross in my collection to show what I mean

And Hypo cross

Who knows, maybe I need glasses too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!