coral albino jungle in for sale section?HELP PLEASE - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-19-2011, 08:09 AM   #11
hhmoore
The reason I suggested posting the picture and asking about the snake, as opposed to dragging the ad into this thread, is that this could get dangerously close to BOI type stuff in a discussion area (which, of course, is not allowed). As long as everybody is mindful of where we are, there should be no problems.

This is not the BOI, so there is no issue about keeping sources anonymous.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:29 AM   #12
ShadowAceD
I wasn't looking to pick up an animal to breed to create more Jungles that I did not know how to identify at the time.

I've done my research since then.

You're just looking to grab the animal without being able to tell yourself so you can breed more that you cannot tell yourself.

Also, having lineage for a Jungle Boa means jack if you cannot tell it's a Jungle. A Jungle is a Jungle. If it is not a Jungle, it is not a Jungle. Just how it works.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:42 AM   #13
Mooing Tricycle
The boa says SOLD right in the Ad, anyway?

Old 12-19-2011, 10:49 AM   #14
JCCS
I'm sorry you get butthurt easily Rich, but what I said is just the meat of the matter. This is the second time in my brief knowledge of your existence that you have had issues telling a jungle from a normal. This means that you don't know the morph. If someone doesn't know the morph, maybe they shouldn't work with it till they can figure out if an animal is in fact that morph or not.

Take it as you will, I'm not trying to talk crap to you. I know that if I didn't know how to distinguish a morph from a normal, I wouldn't work with that morph. It's part of the reason I'll never be into ball pythons, half their morphs look like normals to me. Well, that and the fact that they're ball pythons.

Chris

Old 12-19-2011, 10:52 AM   #15
allreptiles1966
I'm not looking to just grab up something to breed! I have been looking through every site and all pics i can find with jungles,to learn!
Whats so wrong with buying a jungle when i'm not positive it is a jungle?
I have an email i got last night that the guy claims to have 28 jungles and says this coral albino we are referencing too is NOT a jungle!
How else to learn then not asking?? You can be as rude and un helpful as you want to be.But if you cant say positive things or be at least an adult,why bother speaking about it to me?I know the answer-lots of people like that in this section.
I dont get this area,its like a soap opera and the same ole thing is going on.
I will learn the jungles as everyone else had to.Also,i had no plans on breeding him this year to anything! It would need to be quarantined for a min.of 3 months which puts that out of breeding season for me.
even the bigger jungle breeders are unsure sometimes about if its a jungle or not!!Maybe thats why they state possible jungle,huh?
This thread is dead as the boa in question has been sold.I currently own a jungle het,a sunglow possible super, possible jungle and a normal jungle,so breeding will take place and i will learn with or without help from a reptile community!
As far as it becoming an issue if i cant tell a sunglow jungle,i guess the person buying the sunglow might be lucky and get a sunglow jungle for $225.
I WILL NEVER sell a boa not knowing what it is!!! For any amount of money.
Thanks for the kind words and help.lol.
As always,its nice to get a beating when asking questions to learn like you's had too.
Glad everyone came out of mom being a professional and full of knowledge.
Good luck with your breeding.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:54 AM   #16
allreptiles1966
I CAN tell the difference man!
I'm not hurt in any way! Feelings are intact.
Thanks for the concern

Old 12-19-2011, 10:54 AM   #17
allreptiles1966
Just not when adding the hypo to the mix.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:13 AM   #18
AbsoluteApril
wow this thread took a turn for the worse pretty quickly.

I always have a hard time telling the jungles when the albino and hypo genes are in the mix (and yes, I do have jungles). The reason I'd want to see the parents is to prove that one was in fact a jungle and not someone trying to pass off a colorful (removed sunglow, oops, it's just an abino) as jungle when there's no chance of it being one.

Anyways, I guess it's a moot point now

Old 12-19-2011, 02:13 PM   #19
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by allreptiles1966 View Post
Just not when adding the hypo to the mix.
I thought the ad was for a coral albino jungle...where does hypo come into play with this thread?

(I had spent a fair amount of time on a response to the unfolding interaction...but just couldn't quite bring myself to make the post)

I can't say anything negative about your admission that you have a hard time identifying jungles - I openly admit that I don't get jungles, and both Chris and Diem can attest to that - but I also can't disagree with the stance they have taken in this thread....because it is like reading my own words (about jungles, as well as a few BP morphs).

Old 12-19-2011, 06:21 PM   #20
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
I thought the ad was for a coral albino jungle...where does hypo come into play with this thread?

(I had spent a fair amount of time on a response to the unfolding interaction...but just couldn't quite bring myself to make the post)

I can't say anything negative about your admission that you have a hard time identifying jungles - I openly admit that I don't get jungles, and both Chris and Diem can attest to that - but I also can't disagree with the stance they have taken in this thread....because it is like reading my own words (about jungles, as well as a few BP morphs).
I think Rich was stating he has a hard time identifying hypo AND albino jungles, as those are the hardest to tell apart for most people. The big problem with Jungles is there are some high quality jungles (true Jungles) and then you got your sub-par Jungles, which can be hard to tell. For me, if its not obvious its a Jungle, I am not even gonna consider it. It's gotta come from a known source, look 100% Jungle or its not coming into my house. Which is why my only Jungle is from Pete Kahl.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!